Rank Tannehill Among Young QB's? | Page 36 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Rank Tannehill Among Young QB's?

They abandoned the run because they weren't' good at it....third and long way too often.

I could care less what a troll who ignores reality in order to attempt to antagonize on a rivals website.

I can't imagine any fan of team who has a life spending as much time as you do here trying to agitate.

sometimes you don't run well in the 1st half, it doesn't mean you give up. In the NFC Championship Marshawn Lynch ran it 12 times for 33 yds in the 1st half(2.75 YPC). In the 2nd half 10 for 76.

You may get agitated but that's your problem. I am here to discuss football not to agitate, if the truth agitates folks that's on them.

I'm not sure what the **** it is you aren't getting. You say Seattle ran a lot more so it skews the numbers. They run more b/c they can. They succeed in doing so. They succeed in passing less. The numbers tell us exactly why they are successful.

They run more b/c they don't abandon the run.

He's had double-digit TD seasons in years 2011, 2012, and 2013. 1,204 yds in 2011, 1,590 yds in 2012, and 1,257 yds in 2013. He finished no worse than Top 7 in either of those seasons. He may not have carried them in your eyes but he's been one of the best runners in the league with Seattle.

4.3 YPC actually. If their running game isn't excellent, who's was?

awesome but how was he carrying those teams? those teams did nothing, he made one postseason in an awful division where 7-9 got them a div title.

Lynch: 301 attempts, 1257 yds, 4.18 YPC

actually less than 4.2 and 4.2 isn't excellent- it's just good.

The reason is they could not run, but even if you were right and Miami did just abandon the run as you say, that is beside the point, the point for whatever reason, and hopefully finally you allow yourself to understand, is that the Seahawks ran consistently more then the Dolphins...simple as that.

Seattle is better coached, switch the coaching staffs and Miami is in the playoffs. They wouldn't allow Ryan to destroy their season.

Junc by the way, you want to know why Miami threw so much? Lamar Miller, their replacement for Reggie Bush, had these numbers in 2013:

Season opener at Cleveland: 10 carries for 3 yards
vs Baltimore: 7 carries for 15 yards
at Tampa Bay: 7 carries for 2 yards
vs. San Diego: 4 carries for 17 yards
vs. Carolina: 10 carries for 8 yards
at Pittsburgh: 6 carries for 20 yards
at Buffalo: 3 carries for 8 yards

That's 47 carries for 73 yards in 7 god damn games. For comparison sake, Daniel Thomas, the backup, in the first 3 games had 21 carries for 65 yards.

did you know Marshawn Lynch carried the ball 12 times for 33 yards in the 1st half of the NFC Championship vs. SF? did they stop handing it off to him? those 12 carries are more than Miller had in those entire games you listed.

So new developments:

We have people arguing that Miami didn't have better receiving options than Seattle last season.

We have people arguing that the AFC East is better than the NFC West.

The NFC West has the two best teams in the NFL, and Arizona is very comfortably the best 3rd team in any division in the NFL. The Rams are as good as - if not better than - any 4th team in any division. The NFC West is so much better than any other division, it's not even a debate. It's accepted truth at this point. What division would you put up against the West? The NFC South or NFC North? It sure as hell isn't any AFC division.

We also have people saying that you can't say Wilson is better than Tannehill until they have even circumstances. So if Russell Wilson wins 8 more SB's and continues to have an 8+ YPA and 100+ QBR, and Tannehill continues to be mediocre on a mediocre team, we'll just never know which one is better.

This thread needs its own clown car.

Elite is when you consistently perform while being the main focus of the defense. At the end of last season, Wilson misses on both of those points. So, no, not elite.

What makes you think Wilson wasn't the main focus of the defense? And even if he wasn't, maybe he should have been seeing as was 8th in TD passes, 4th in passer rating and, you know, won a whole bunch of games, including the Championship. Do you think defensive coordinators are happy with the way they game planned for Wilson and the rest of the offense now that we know the results?

What if you're wrong and Wilson is elite right now, how would the results look different in your estimation?
A guy that averages 200 yards a game, has the top ranked defense and an excellent running game is not elite. Brady, Brees, Rodgers, Manning are elite. those are guys who have shown over and over that they can carry a team. Wilson is not in their company or at least not yet. Maybe in a couple of years but not now.

A guy that averages 200 yards a game, has the top ranked defense and an excellent running game is not elite. Brady, Brees, Rodgers, Manning are elite. those are guys who have shown over and over that they can carry a team. Wilson is not in their company or at least not yet. Maybe in a couple of years but not now.

I don't think Wilson is elite but he's pretty damn good and elite or not means little to me. Peyton is as elite as it gets and I wouldn't trust him in a big game despite always having the best talent in the league around him.

Seattle has a good run game(at least last year), excellent is stretching it.

Ooo dear I knew it was a good idea to stay out of this thread but I finally had to look. How was this turned into Wilson vs Tannehill? I shouldnt be surprised it always does when we discuss young QBs. There is no denying Wilson has been better to date. There is also no debating Wilson has had a better team around him by far. I will say this. In 2014 tannehill will have a better season then Wilson you can hold me to it

I don't think Wilson is elite but he's pretty damn good and elite or not means little to me. Peyton is as elite as it gets and I wouldn't trust him in a big game despite always having the best talent in the league around him.

Seattle has a good run game(at least last year), excellent is stretching it.
Seattle has an excellent running game and has since lynch has been there. You can split hairs over ypc or ypg but anyone with any football knowledge doesnt need stats to say Seattle is excellent at running

Seattle has an excellent running game and has since lynch has been there. You can split hairs over ypc or ypg but anyone with any football knowledge doesnt need stats to say Seattle is excellent at running

Seattle's OL last year was similar to Miami's, their run game was not excellent last year. It was good.

If Wilson played poorly during that stretch then Tannehill played poorly throughout the entire 32 games of his career. Wilson playing to an 80 rating and playing 0.500 football is news. Its news because its out of the norm, for him. How any Tannehill homer can kill Wilson for a 4 game stretch where he only had an 80 rating and only won 50% of his games comes across as a little ridiculous for obvious reasons.

There you go bringing Tannehill into it again. Tannehill's play is irrelevant to the discussion of whether Wilson is elite. At least you admit that Wilson wasn't elite for a large stretch at the end of the season.

---------- Post added at 06:21 PM ---------- Previous post was at 06:19 PM ----------

So new developments:

We have people arguing that Miami didn't have better receiving options than Seattle last season.

The NFC West has the two best teams in the NFL, and Arizona is very comfortably the best 3rd team in any division in the NFL. The Rams are as good as - if not better than - any 4th team in any division. The NFC West is so much better than any other division, it's not even a debate. It's accepted truth at this point. What division would you put up against the West? The NFC South or NFC North? It sure as hell isn't any AFC division.

We also have people saying that you can't say Wilson is better than Tannehill until they have even circumstances. So if Russell Wilson wins 8 more SB's and continues to have an 8+ YPA and 100+ QBR, and Tannehill continues to be mediocre on a mediocre team, we'll just never know which one is better.

You'd be driving.

What makes you think Wilson wasn't the main focus of the defense?

Already covered please keep up.

And even if he wasn't, maybe he should have been seeing as was 8th in TD passes, 4th in passer rating and, you know, won a whole bunch of games, including the Championship. Do you think defensive coordinators are happy with the way they game planned for Wilson and the rest of the offense now that we know the results?

Who's to say. Maybe Lynch runs for 2000 yards and 20 TDs. If NO had been even more focused on Lynch, we wouldn't be having this ridiculous discussion.

awesome but how was he carrying those teams? those teams did nothing, he made one postseason in an awful division where 7-9 got them a div title.

He was their best player. I'll leave it at that.

Lynch: 301 attempts, 1257 yds, 4.18 YPC

actually less than 4.2 and 4.2 isn't excellent- it's just good.

You haven't told me who the best running teams were in 2013 yet.

did you know Marshawn Lynch carried the ball 12 times for 33 yards in the 1st half of the NFC Championship vs. SF? did they stop handing it off to him? those 12 carries are more than Miller had in those entire games you listed.

Lynch is a proven running back in this league, Lamar Miller isn't. If they had any confidence in Miller they leave him in. If they have any confidence in Miller, they don't sign Moreno in the offseason.

---------- Post added at 06:39 PM ---------- Previous post was at 06:38 PM ----------

So new developments:

Offended some folks don't agree with everything you think?

He's splitting hairs. Sometimes such an opinion doesnt deserve a response. Its about more then stats too. A running game can be shut down but still effective if a defense has to sell out to stop the run. It helps the passing game immensely. Why do you think philly had such an effective passing attack. Great running game. Seattle is much of the same

he doesn't stack up w/ Wilson in any category. #s tell part of the story, watch the 2 play. Stevie Wonder could see Wilson is miles ahead of Ryan

Wilson averages 8.1 yds per attempt, Ryan 6.7

He don't compare in w/e stats that are more team-based than individual, like YPA.

But keep trollin'...you're still pathetic.

If Wilson played poorly during that stretch then Tannehill played poorly throughout the entire 32 games of his career. Wilson playing to an 80 rating and playing 0.500 football is news. Its news because its out of the norm, for him. How any Tannehill homer can kill Wilson for a 4 game stretch where he only had an 80 rating and only won 50% of his games comes across as a little ridiculous for obvious reasons.

I don't know why you keep confusing QBR and win/loss as an individual result. It's a team sport dude...

Trent Dilfer won a Super Bowl, had to be all him...he's the QB.

Dan Marino didn't win a Super Bowl...he must have been mediocre.

Peyton Manning......why isn't he wearing 10 rings?!?!?!?!

Already covered please keep up.

Who's to say. Maybe Lynch runs for 2000 yards and 20 TDs. If NO had been even more focused on Lynch, we wouldn't be having this ridiculous discussion.

According to this chart Seattle was right in the middle of the pack when running against base defenses, which means defensive coordinators weren't as worried about their running game as you seem to be indicating. In fact the Saints ran against base defense at a higher rate than the Seahawks did. The difference is Seattle forced more runs than most teams. You would have a case against kaepernick and the 49ers with this argument, but not Wilson.

If you look deeper the Saints and Seahawks saw similar defenses on average and the QBs performed quite similarly. The major difference between those two teams was Seattle's D was better.

https://www.profootballfocus.com/bl...act-of-defensive-packages-on-yards-per-carry/

Back
Top Bottom