Ranking AFC qb 1 to 16 | Page 3 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Ranking AFC qb 1 to 16

So u.got problem w Cam. Cam is avg qb.just ain't what he used be in carolina. Cam need better supporting cast...on offense like better wr..
So you give Cam a pass and rank him 9 because he needs better cast around him, but Tua according to you is 14, though his cast were missing in a lot of games (WR, RB), or all learning to play together for the 1st time (O-Line)? 😕

So u.got problem w Cam. Cam is avg qb.just ain't what he used be in carolina. Cam need better supporting cast...on offense like better wr..
Hopefully you realize how uniformed your response is. Because Newton had better offensive weapons than Tua as well as a much better offensive line and OC. Perhaps 5 years ago Newton was a good QB but at this point in his career, he should be a backup and not a starter. I would rank him 32 out of 32 starters in the NFL.

I'd put Cam in the bottom 1-2 of the entire league. But right this second, based on what has been shown on the field and not based on potential and not getting a pass due to a perceived "lack of talent", Tua should only be maybe a spot or 2 ahead of Cam. All the rookies who haven't played should be last on any lists.

If you want to factor in potential and having more experience and roster talent that changes things quite a bit.

Afc ranking qb 2021
1.mohomes k.c
2.Allens Buf
3.watson tex
4.Jackson ravens
5. Mayfield cle
6.thill tenn
7.Herbert lac
8.big ben Steelers
9.Cam N.E
10.Carr oak
11.wentz. ind
12.Bridgewater Den
13.Burrow cin
14.Tua dol
15.lawerence jags
16.wilson jets
I applaud you not jumping to conclusions about Lawrence and Wilson before they've played a down. For me, I'll leave them out until I have a feel for how quickly they're adapting and how well their teams' new coaches are able to instill their offenses. At the top, it's pretty clear to me that Mahomes, Allen and Watson are a tier of their own and separate from the rest as of last year. I'd look at Herbert, Burrow, Carr, Tannehill and Mayfield as pretty solid in the next tier, with Jackson and Wentz being the wildcards. After that I'd put Tua at the back of that middle tier, but he's a bit of a wildcard too and might move to the middle or even higher portion of this tier if things really click for him. IMHO, Big Ben, Cam, and Bridgewater's bodies have given out on them and they're not the QB's they used to be. Even if they manage to put together a good season, I can't see them putting together two more.

As projections go, I have very high expectations for both Lawrence and Wilson, but a lot more confidence in Urban Meyer's offense than Robert Salah's offense. The Jets have a defensive head coach and a long history of .... well .... screwing up QB's. If Wilson instantly succeeds we're all in trouble, because that means he's very very good to do that as a Jet.

At the end of the day, we have a solid young QB, and he should improve this year and for the foreseeable future. IF we're able to maintain our defensive dominance, Tua will be the astute game manager that we need to build a very good football team, even if he doesn't put up eye-popping video game numbers like people predicted when we drafted him.

Man how fast did you throw that list together? You might as well just leave Tua off the list, he’s clearly not in the same class as these AFC studs lol

I agree with this list pretty much. Did you put cam at 9 because of his past? That's what I was thinking. Cam, Ben, Wentz probably could be worse but since it's just afc I can see why they are there. I think jackson will drop after this year. He is crazy athletic but if he keeps playing the way he does he is going to get himself injured. I dont think he has the ability to be a traditional qb if his athleticism gets taken away by an injury.

Cam had a PFF grade of 70.9. Tua had a grade of 65.4. Yeah yeah. I know I know. PFF doesn't mean everything!!11! Except when it comes to grading Xavien Howard. Then it's pretty good, but not when it comes to Byron Jones.

Cam is an excellent scrambler/running QB. If the Patriots can implement a hybrid QB situation where Cam runs & Mac Jones throws. They'll be a lot more dangerous than last season.

I applaud you not jumping to conclusions about Lawrence and Wilson before they've played a down. For me, I'll leave them out until I have a feel for how quickly they're adapting and how well their teams' new coaches are able to instill their offenses. At the top, it's pretty clear to me that Mahomes, Allen and Watson are a tier of their own and separate from the rest as of last year. I'd look at Herbert, Burrow, Carr, Tannehill and Mayfield as pretty solid in the next tier, with Jackson and Wentz being the wildcards. After that I'd put Tua at the back of that middle tier, but he's a bit of a wildcard too and might move to the middle or even higher portion of this tier if things really click for him. IMHO, Big Ben, Cam, and Bridgewater's bodies have given out on them and they're not the QB's they used to be. Even if they manage to put together a good season, I can't see them putting together two more.

As projections go, I have very high expectations for both Lawrence and Wilson, but a lot more confidence in Urban Meyer's offense than Robert Salah's offense. The Jets have a defensive head coach and a long history of .... well .... screwing up QB's. If Wilson instantly succeeds we're all in trouble, because that means he's very very good to do that as a Jet.

At the end of the day, we have a solid young QB, and he should improve this year and for the foreseeable future. IF we're able to maintain our defensive dominance, Tua will be the astute game manager that we need to build a very good football team, even if he doesn't put up eye-popping video game numbers like people predicted when we drafted him.

Remember though, Wildman is basing his list "talking about 2021 season only." Well, except, Wentz who 'deserves a 2nd chance," Allen, Jackson, and Mayfield who "WILL be in the playoffs," Watson at #3 despite his '20 season. I don't disagree much with his tiers, but the order. To each his own

I think the OP is pretty close.

Based on last year, I'd move Newton way down. I'd put Watson ahead of Allen since he has put up numbers every year.

Tua should be ahead of Wentz and Bridgewater IMO.

Overall, a good list.

Afc ranking qb 2021
1.mohomes k.c
2.Allens Buf
3.watson tex
4.Jackson ravens
5. Mayfield cle
6.thill tenn
7.Herbert lac
8.big ben Steelers
9.Cam N.E
10.Carr oak
11.wentz. ind
12.Bridgewater Den
13.Burrow cin
14.Tua dol
15.lawerence jags
16.wilson jets
I can see where you are coming from. I think Bridgewater is a better QB than Herbert. Carr is debatable.

Basically, put Herbert at the bottom with the rooks and wnd year players. Put him first, but put him there.

Cam had a PFF grade of 70.9. Tua had a grade of 65.4. Yeah yeah. I know I know. PFF doesn't mean everything!!11! Except when it comes to grading Xavien Howard. Then it's pretty good, but not when it comes to Byron Jones.

Cam is an excellent scrambler/running QB. If the Patriots can implement a hybrid QB situation where Cam runs & Mac Jones throws. They'll be a lot more dangerous than last season.
Love how you only use one ranking and it is PFF the one that uses the least reliable data as a lot is based on opinion. Tau had a better passer rating and a better QBR. Plus these rankings are for 21. QBs tend to improve in their second year. Cam is on the downside at this point because he is a QB that has relied heavily on his legs.
If you had to put real money on who will have a more productive year Cam vs Tua I bet even you would take Tua. Heck I think there is better chance of Cam being on the bench next year then him being more productive then Tua.

This thread is an interesting idea, I'll bite with the caveat that this is only my opinion on how they will play this season with QBR, Total Yards as the primary factors in their ranking.

1. Patrick Mahomes
  2. Lamar Jackson
  3. Deshaun Watson (With a big fat asterisk *** )
  4. Josh Allen
  5. Baker Mayfield
  6. Carson Wentz
  7. Tua Tagovailoa
  8. Justin Herbert
  9. Ryan Tannehill
  10. Joe Burrow
  11. Derek Carr
  12. Trevor Lawrence
  13. Ben Roethlisberger
  14. Justin Fields
  15. Drew Lock
  16. Cam Newton

Love how you only use one ranking and it is PFF the one that uses the least reliable data as a lot is based on opinion. Tau had a better passer rating and a better QBR. Plus these rankings are for 21. QBs tend to improve in their second year. Cam is on the downside at this point because he is a QB that has relied heavily on his legs.
If you had to put real money on who will have a more productive year Cam vs Tua I bet even you would take Tua. Heck I think there is better chance of Cam being on the bench next year then him being more productive then Tua.
Because PFF is far more complex than passer rating or QBR. It would be like comparing batting average to OPS/WAR. Not to mention we all know Cam can't throw. That's not his strength.

I think Cam will be placed in situations that will make him a better QB than Tua. As i said earlier, if they can put Cam into more run situations and Jones in throw situations. That's a nice way to develop a QB. Jones gets his feet wet while not bearing the entire responsibility.

Back
Top Bottom