Ranking AFC qb 1 to 16 | Page 4 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Ranking AFC qb 1 to 16

My AFC QB rankings for 2021-22 season.... with gaps to show how far apart I have them.

Patrick Mahomes
Aaron Rodgers - will be a Bronco

Deshaun Watson (With a big fat asterisk *** )

Josh Allen

Lamar Jackson

Baker Mayfield
Justin Herbert

Tua Tagovailoa
Joe Burrow

Trevor Lawrence

Derek Carr
Ben Roethlisberger
Tannehill
Can Newton
Carson Wentz
Zach Wilson

The hatred of a player is so strong with some here. To the point where they are trying to convince others that rotating a QB who can't throw with a rookie QB will make that QB better than a QB who is good enough to play every down. You can't make this stuff up.

Last edited:
And everyone who had the courage to bash on Wildman without posting their own list..... shame on you!

Don't want to be bashed don't post a list.

This thread was made by him stating HIS rankings.
In a post where he also requested others to share their lists......

* edit * Nevermind no he didnt

The hatred of a player is so strong with some here. To the point where they are trying to convince others that rotating a QB who can't throw with a rookie QB will make that QB better than a QB who is good enough to play every down. You can't make this stuff up.
No hatred. In fact, the opposite. I think Tua is a sweetheart. Great person. Love the guy. Just not a fan of his ability to play QB in the NFL.

No hatred. In fact, the opposite. I think Tua is a sweetheart. Great person. Love the guy. Just not a fan of his ability to play QB in the NFL.
Whatever you say. We will see if your stance is the same in about 7 months. That is if you are still posting here.

I had a similar opinion after that week 17 game but I quickly came back to reality and realized Tua had a decent rookie year considering the following......

His hip

Our dinosaur of an OC

Covid

No training camp

No preseason

The fed-ex guys we had playing WR

Our rookie filled Oline

Rehab preventing him from properly getting in shape.

Because PFF is far more complex than passer rating or QBR. It would be like comparing batting average to OPS/WAR. Not to mention we all know Cam can't throw. That's not his strength.

I think Cam will be placed in situations that will make him a better QB than Tua. As i said earlier, if they can put Cam into more run situations and Jones in throw situations. That's a nice way to develop a QB. Jones gets his feet wet while not bearing the entire responsibility.
You have know clue how PFF works do you? By definition PFF grades are not a real statistic because it is all based of an opinion. It all starts by a human giving a opinion based grade on each play from -2 to 2.

PFF has been criticized by the analytics community regarding the accuracy and veracity of its ratings.[9] In contrast to the purely quantitative ratings released by sources like Football Outsiders, TeamRankings, and numberFire, PFF uses qualitative and opinion-based grading as the root of its 0-100 Player Grades -- not its advanced statistics. As such, the 0-100 Player Grades are not truly quantitative and could be seen as being prone to bias, poor sample sizing, or other issues.

By contrast OPS is actual equation based on raw data.

I had a similar opinion after that week 17 game but I quickly came back to reality and realized Tua had a decent rookie year considering the following......

His hip

Our dinosaur of an OC

Covid

No training camp

No preseason

The fed-ex guys we had playing WR

Our rookie filled Oline

Rehab preventing him from properly getting in shape.

All rookie QBs dealt with the same thing in terms of COVID, no traning camp, no pre-season, ect... Burrow and Herbert both performed at a higher level while displaying the type of tools that equate to long term success in the NFL.

As for the injuries, why choose the rehabbing QB? Doesn't that just make it a dumb selection? If you are going to choose the rehabbing QB from a major injury, that QB should have some elite elite upside and some elite elite tools, right? That's not Tua. So we got a rehabbing QB that doesn't have elite tools or an elite build. Cool?

I know Galey gets a lot of hate, but I think he played to Tua and the team's strengths. Tua doesn't have the arm for out routes and deeper curls.

For example, a ball that leaves a QB’s hand at 56 MPH will travel 25 yards (a 5-yard out to the sideline) in roughly 0.95 seconds. A ball that leaves Tua’s hand at 53.5 MPH would arrive about 0.05 seconds later. I know that doesn’t sound like much of a difference, but, in that extra time, a defensive back could travel an additional foot in coverage. Tua’s arm effectively shrinks the size of passing window, which will only be smaller against NFL defenses.

I know people like to crap on Grant, but if you look at the first two throws here:

That's 100% on Tua as Grant had his man beat.

Then you have the ball here where again, Tua throws short (Grant had defender beat 100%), and defender caught up and knocked ball out of hands. If Tua hits Grant in stride, it's a TD.

This one however was on Grant:

Tua was also very poor moving/rolling outside the pocket:
Screen Shot 2021-05-26 at 5.48.15 PM.png

....That said, Tua does have an elite release. So I think Galley played to those strengths with quick slants and other quick passes. You are limited as an OC if you don't have a lot of deep threats, can't roll your QB out, and you can't throw out routes/deep curls. The passes are going to be short.

Last edited:
I would have Burrow listed higher than Bridgewater. Yes Wilson & Lawrence are unproven but they're super solid prospects so I would list them both above Cam. Hell I would list them above our beloved Tua too.

Wentz lost his job to a QB who backed up Tua at Alabama. Newton was terrible last year. Tua played better than Herbert when they went up against each other last year. Bridgewater is on his fourth team and wasn’t very good last year.
So I would rate rate Tua above all the QB’s I listed and I suspect Tua will be in the top 5 of the AFC after next season is completed.
I also think Tua could be top 5 after this season.

Afc ranking qb 2021
1.mohomes k.c
2.Allens Buf
3.watson tex
4.Jackson ravens
5. Mayfield cle
6.thill tenn
7.Herbert lac
8.big ben Steelers
9.Cam N.E
10.Carr oak
11.wentz. ind
12.Bridgewater Den
13.Burrow cin
14.Tua dol
15.lawerence jags
16.wilson jets
I disagree. Not completely. Just with 2-16. Some are very close. Like one spot off. But I would rank them a little bit differently.

I'd put Lawrence in front of Tua, but otherwise good list.
He hasn't taken a snap yet...

IDC about his potential, or what he did at Clemson. This is where it counts.

Back
Top Bottom