Rashad Jones | Page 10 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Rashad Jones

Wtf are you talking about? F the media, who the hell defends the media? Lol

I do. But not in the context Awsi is arguing. Other than his statement about distrusting the mainstream media, I think he's totally wrong, and pretty much everything team-related should be kept behind closed doors.

"Another anonymous player told Wolfe that some of the Dolphins weren't happy with the rotation the coaches installed in the defensive backfield in an effort to get rookie Minkah Fitzpatrick more snaps. But he added, "Like it or not, you've got to do what the coaches ask."

"Hyde seemed less surprised, writing: "Jones, you see, hasn't always been a great pro. He's regularly late for meetings and been fined repeatedly in recent years. He's freelanced on defense in a manner teammates have wondered about. But he's also made a lot of big plays and been a Pro Bowl safety."

"A Dolphins source told Armando Salguero of the Miami Herald, "If he doesn't want to play for us, (bleep) it." And a team official spoke on the possibility of Jones quitting on the team, saying, "We'll be fine without him, if that's what happens," per Dave Hyde of the Sun Sentinel."

https://bleacherreport.com/articles...nd-out-if-reshad-jones-pulled-himself-vs-jets

Never thought Reshad would be a dude to quit on the team. Always been a favorite of mine, this would indeed change things

Omar Kelly
@OmarKelly

• I’ve covered Reshad Jones every game of his NFL career. I can’t remember a time he’s skipped an interview. Something ain’t kosher.

Coach Burke made an adjustment, Reshad didn’t like it, the team benefited and we will see if Reshad has enough humility to just say he ****ed up with his actions today.

My gut says this ends in an IR visit and a trade in the offseason.

Armando Salguero absolutely has a stake in the Dolphins. He has a stake in whoever likes him inside the building retaining employment, he has a stake in the team being more interesting so that he can get more eyeballs and then maybe get a raise, etc.

I share Gase's contempt for the media. It doesn't mean Gase is good at his job or doing things right, but the argument that the modern corporate media is somehow an unassailable purveyor of truth is, what's truly laughable here.

Last edited by a moderator:
Coach Burke made an adjustment, Reshad didn’t like it, the team benefited and we will see if Reshad has enough humility to just say he ****ed up with his actions today.

You might be right my friend

The only teams who will DO US A FAVOR and trade for him means we're going to have to provide compensation - as in our 3rd/4th and Reshad for a teams 6th... the cap management on this team is insane. How are these people getting paid 6 and 7 figures to run this team into the ground.

I also find it strange so many people here are apparently surprised or that have never seen Reshad a problem? The dude has been "me first" in his actions on and off the field for a long time. Not sure what team you guys watch that don't see it...

He blows too many assignments, takes bad angles and gambles too much.

Miami loves his big play capability . . . But Mr. 17 million dollar cap hit next year is too much of a liability out there right now.

TJ/Fitz a better duo for the entire defense’s stability

Right on the money here...RJ is one of the most overrated players on the team, has an awful contract and apparently attitude to boot.

I typically don't begrudge players for camp holdouts, so I never held that against Reshad Jones. Football players -- especially physical secondary guys -- have a short shelf life and need to get paid in the time they have available.

But it sounds like Jones pulled an Ajayi today? That's a lot different. That's... yeah, he pulled an Ajayi, he needs to be Ajayi'ed. ASAP.

The only teams who will DO US A FAVOR and trade for him means we're going to have to provide compensation - as in our 3rd/4th and Reshad for a teams 6th... the cap management on this team is insane. How are these people getting paid 6 and 7 figures to run this team into the ground.

I also find it strange so many people here are apparently surprised or that have never seen Reshad a problem? The dude has been "me first" in his actions on and off the field for a long time. Not sure what team you guys watch that don't see it...

I compared it to Landry before. People called that guy selfish . . . But he put in 65 out of 65 games, played damn hard and while not happy with his contract he played hard on that 2nd round rookie deal that netted him 3 million over 4 years . . . Without holding out.

Meanwhile, Jones did hold out during his rookie deal and promptly got paid early . . . Then Jones was a top 5 Paid SS and with two years left on his deal he decides to skip the first day of camp to make a statement about money. He proceeds to get hurt after a 1-4 start . . . .and we go on to win 9 of the next 10 games and make the playoffs without him.

Then we stupidly give him a crazy ass contract as a top paid safety after injury last year and then Proceed to restructure the deal this year LOL

Its the ****ing blind leading the blind in Davie and it is ridiculous. Betwen this restructure and Tamnehill’s . . . .I can’t deal with Mike Tamnenbaum anymore. These are cancerous moves that absolutely destroy your team over time.

I compared it to Landry before. People called that guy selfish . . . But he put in 65 out of 65 games, played damn hard and while not happy with his contract he played hard on that 2nd round rookie deal that netted him 3 million over 4 years . . . Without holding out.

Meanwhile, Jones did hold out during his rookie deal and promptly got paid early . . . Then Jones was a top 5 Paid SS and with two years left on his deal he decides to skip the first day of camp to make a statement about money. He proceeds to get hurt after a 1-4 start . . . .and we go on to win 9 of the next 10 games and make the playoffs without him.

Then we stupidly give him a crazy *** contract as a top paid safety after injury last year and then Proceed to restructure the deal this year LOL

Its the ****ing blind leading the blind in Davie and it is ridiculous. Betwen this restructure and Tamnehill’s . . . .I can’t deal with Mike Tamnenbaum anymore. These are cancerous moves that absolutely destroy your team over time.

But Aponte was the devil , remember?

Jones gambles a lot. He lives off those gambles and dies off them as well. Miami never got him a proper FS to play along with his high risk taking.

Back
Top Bottom