Rashad Jones | Page 11 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Rashad Jones

All I know is that if Ross cleans house, he needs to clean house. Nuclear option this ****.

Every single scout. The strength and conditioning guys. Everyone.

I would like to keep Garfinkel, him and the nice lady at my favorite beer stop in front of the stadium, the rest....

I compared it to Landry before. People called that guy selfish . . . But he put in 65 out of 65 games, played damn hard and while not happy with his contract he played hard on that 2nd round rookie deal that netted him 3 million over 4 years . . . Without holding out.

Meanwhile, Jones did hold out during his rookie deal and promptly got paid early . . . Then Jones was a top 5 Paid SS and with two years left on his deal he decides to skip the first day of camp to make a statement about money. He proceeds to get hurt after a 1-4 start . . . .and we go on to win 9 of the next 10 games and make the playoffs without him.

Then we stupidly give him a crazy *** contract as a top paid safety after injury last year and then Proceed to restructure the deal this year LOL

Its the ****ing blind leading the blind in Davie and it is ridiculous. Betwen this restructure and Tamnehill’s . . . .I can’t deal with Mike Tamnenbaum anymore. These are cancerous moves that absolutely destroy your team over time.

There was a few of us - I think you - on record that were PERPLEXED about the latest extension when he got it - coming a year early and after an injury... and it wasn't like because of those factors, we got a "value" deal... so where was the incentive for the team? Good will? You've got to be kidding me.

It doesn't make sense... that we can sit on our couch and realize these are disaster deals being made. But those guys are getting paid big money to turn this team into a dumpster fire.

All I know is that if Ross cleans house, he needs to clean house. Nuclear option this ****.

Everything! New water boy, new mascot, new cheerleaders, new field, back to the old unis permanently, new FO, and then sell the team.

There was a few of us - I think you - on record that were PERPLEXED about the latest extension when he got it - coming a year early and after an injury... and it wasn't like because of those factors, we got a "value" deal... so where was the incentive for the team? Good will? You've got to be kidding me.

It doesn't make sense... that we can sit on our couch and realize these are disaster deals being made. But those guys are getting paid big money to turn this team into a dumpster fire.

Wasn’t the Jones restructure strictly to free up cap space? I feel like I temember his restructure happening right before they were able to sign Sutton. I could definitely be wrong, didn’t Google to confirm.

Wasn’t the Jones restructure strictly to free up cap space? I feel like I temember his restructure happening right before they were able to sign Sutton. I could definitely be wrong, didn’t Google to confirm.

The extension - not restructure... was before 2017... in 2016 he got injured after the 6th game... we went 9-1 in the 10 games after he got injured... we proceeded to extend him before 2017 after that 6 game 2016 campaign with a year still left on his contract.

The restructure last season... don't even get me started...

They cut Suh after the moronic restructure (anyone with a clue knew that was a bad one too) so I guess they could do it again.

Wow, Tannenbaum restructured Rashad Jones too. I didn't realize that. Big mistake. Just another boneheaded move by a bonehead like Tannenbaum. It's almost as if he can't help himself. As for Jones, could it be that all this time, he was the problem? It sure seemed like others in the secondary were miscommunicating and blowing assignments. Could it be his freelancing was the main culprit in what looked like miscommunication? If true and he got called out by Burke, all I can say is, "It's about damn time"!!!

Jones gambles a lot. He lives off those gambles and dies off them as well. Miami never got him a proper FS to play along with his high risk taking.

2014 we got him Louis Delmas and this was a top 3 defense for roughly 9 games until Delmas got hurt . . . .we then performed like a bottom 3 defense the rest of the year.

There is just not a situation where a guy needs to be cottled like Jones needs to be cottled, deserves this high standard and contract that he has . . . . If he quit today he better damn well come out and apologize to his team and the fans . . . .or I know I am fully done with him.

Then again he got his money after the restructure and has a damn near fully guaranteed $11.5 million next year . . . Must be nice when Tannenbaum gives you that kind of leverage.

The extension - not restructure... was before 2017... in 2016 he got injured after the 6th game... we went 9-1 in the 10 games after he got injured... we proceeded to extend him before 2017 after that 6 game 2016 campaign with a year still left on his contract.

The restructure last season... don't even get me started...

They cut Suh after the moronic restructure (anyone with a clue knew that was a bad one too) so I guess they could do it again.

Just confirmed my memory was correct....his contract was restructured right before free agency opened this March.

So not only was the extension bad, but the restructure compounded it.

Where have I heard that before?

But see thats just it. It is groundhogs day.

Rob peter to pay Paul. Restructures get you Andre Branch contracts, Mario Williams, and aging veteran deal stop gaps.

At some point you have to eat your poor drafting and FA and just be terrible . . . Not mortgage the future just to claw your way to 8-8.

But see thats just it. It is groundhogs day.

Rob peter to pay Paul. Restructures get you Andre Branch contracts, Mario Williams, and aging veteran deal stop gaps.

At some point you have to eat your poor drafting and FA and just be terrible . . . Not mortgage the future just to claw your way to 8-8.

Totally agree. I posted the same sentiment with regard to Tannehill’s $26M cap hit next season. You might as well take your lumps and try to correct your mistakes quickly. Don’t extend the mistake for multiple seasons.

Hmmmmm.... maybe not exactly what you may be thinking of but I have a post brewing soon you may find interesting...

I typically don't begrudge players for camp holdouts, so I never held that against Reshad Jones. Football players -- especially physical secondary guys -- have a short shelf life and need to get paid in the time they have available.

But it sounds like Jones pulled an Ajayi today? That's a lot different. That's... yeah, he pulled an Ajayi, he needs to be Ajayi'ed. ASAP.

He actually might have pulled a Mike Wallace.

He just didn't have Brandon Gibson nearby to do his post-game interviews.

He actually might have pulled a Mike Wallace.

He just didn't have Brandon Gibson nearby to do his post-game interviews.

Jay Ajayi pulled a Mike Wallace during one of the Jets games in 2017. So that's why I call it a Jay Ajayi now. I guess if this is confirmed, it's going to be a Reshad Jones for the next guy who does it.

Back
Top Bottom