Rashad Jones | Page 13 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Rashad Jones

It was the Jets game (first one?) when we came back from that deficit with a big fourth quarter rally. Peter Schrager reported immediately after the game taht Ajayi had a blowup on the sideline and took himself out of it because the team was throwing the ball and he couldn't get any touches.

Normally I am skeptical of those reports when they come from local beat writers, and especially when they come after a player has left town, but in this case it also mentioned by a Finheaven poster who was at the game, too.

If he really "quit" then why did he get so many carries the rest of the game? Is Gase really that forgiving? Good news for Jones if true.

I have read and acknowledged your post, but I find no merit in your attempts to rationalize and carry water for someone who posted something that is utterly ridiculous.

That's his job, not yours.
It wasn't generally to respond for him but mainly to respond to you. I also cringe when I see people criticize the media broadly, but I liked your line here:

"they're about giving opinions and presenting 'facts' in a way that supports their opinions. Always have been, always will be. Which is fine. Just understand what you're reading and what the intent is."

I don't think the majority of the media is like this (at least the reporters, their producers and bosses can affect this by choosing what is covered though), but it's a good takeaway. It doesn't sound like you are saying "Don't believe anything from the media", just don't read anything without some amount of skepticism (correct me if I'm wrong). It's fine to read Armando and realize you are getting the view from someone in the front office, or read Omar's tweets and get the view from some players (with a little of their own opinion mixed in). The media isn't generally a party to the event to know 100% of the facts, they are reliant on sources. The media's job should be to vet things, get multiple sources and do their due diligence for their readers. I believe most of the times that happens, and it happens better at the traditionally respected institutions than it does any other place. It's a vital resource for us all for accountability. If we were to just listen to the coaches (or politicians), they would always have an excuse for anything.

First Ajayi, then Landry, then Suh, then Phillips, now Jones.

I don't think it's the players. I think it's the coaching and front office.

The Phillips incident, AFAIK, hasn't been explained, so I know not who to blame. As far as the Jones incident, based on limited data, most here have wanted Fitz as a FS since PS. To do that, either TJ or Jones is replaced. Gase replaced Jones. That's a 'best for the team' decision. Maybe Jones was limited by injuries, maybe not. Maybe Jones thought TJ should have been benched. I don't know. In any case Jones benched himself. That much seems accurate.

I'm not sure when he exited, an ESPN article says 1st quarter.

Jets had 10 plays of offense in first quarter, two 3 & outs and one 4 play drive that resulted in Kiko int. On the 9th play Reshad had a tackle before the int. Something just don't add up.

Bottom line of this isn’t fixable Jones will probably go to IR because of a shoulder. Unless we know how many assignments he’s blowing it’s tough to say if the staff is doing the right thing. I would have thought TJ was the bigger issue but that may be because Jones makes Moreno big plays. Honestly if your team is good mentally in this league they’ll win a lot.

Nothing-to-See-15a34a2fc727c8.jpg

13 pages of over reaction and drama and blasting Gase for what?

Gase’s “culture” wins the day again?

This team just had a veteran “leader” with a $17M cap number for 2019 quit on the team during a game because he was “unhappy about some things around the team”, and you still see no issues with Gase? It’s the fans who are the problem. Because highly-paid veterans all over the NFL are quitting on their teams. Right?

From Gase's presser it sounds like he and Reshad had a heart-to-heart and now Gase has to talk to some other involved parties (probably Burke). The defense has definitely been in disarray so it isn't surprising there's some behind-the-scenes stuff simmering. Probably a little bit of a players' revolt/more freelancing etc. which led to all the blown coverages against Houston. My guess is some players don't like the way Burke is doing things.

Gase’s “culture” wins the day again?

This team just had a veteran “leader” with a $17M cap number for 2019 quit on the team during a game because he was “unhappy about some things around the team”, and you still see no issues with Gase? It’s the fans who are the problem. Because highly-paid veterans all over the NFL are quitting on their teams. Right?

You still haven't read or understood why he quit? He had a selfish moment so NO it's not Gase's fault but keep beating that drum if it helps you deal with the win.

First Ajayi, then Landry, then Suh, then Phillips, now Jones.

I don't think it's the players. I think it's the coaching and front office.

I suspect it is the players.

Consider how they are pampered in college - not taking real classes, protection from the police for offenses big and small. Then they get into the NFL and think their behavior will be protected by the same set of rules. They believe their own hyperbole. This seems to be getting worse, not better, across the entire league.

Back
Top Bottom