Readjusting my prediction on the Fins record | Page 2 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Readjusting my prediction on the Fins record

The Rams game is key to our continued growth. If we REALLY want to be a playoff pretender, we have to beat a 4-2 type team playing on a short week... who flew in from the west coast...

Everything lines up to give us the best chance. If we can't win a game with a set-up like this, we certainly can't win a cold weather, playoff game on the road vs. a better team-- which is what earning a wild card spot would give us.

My original take was... if we go 8-8, I'll be ecstatic.

I'll stick with that.

We'll be favored vs. the Jets, Chargers, and Bengals, with the Cardinal and Broncos games close (both away games).
The Chiefs, Patriots, Bills, Raiders, and Rams will all be games that we should lose in any sane expectation.

To get to 9-7, we'd have to sweep the easy five games (tough for an average team like ours), and then upset one of the others (maybe the Patriots or Raiders?). I guess it could happen, but the key game is Sunday. Can we upset a better team who is coming off of a loss?

If we can eke out a win at home vs. the pissed-off Rams, I'll start to think, "maybe".
Injuries play such a big part in point spreads as do hot streaks. Who knows who will be favored where. If we are 8-5 and they are 6-7 you think N.E will be favorable in Mia?

The betting line had SAN Fran favoured over Miami. ?. They just follow what the knucklehead fans like us are putting their money.
That is only true to an extent... the initial line is based upon what the book thinks will happen AND what they expect bettors to wager upon. ...and it is true that most bettors are a bit better educated on this than the average fan.
Now... a line that moves during the week IS based upon where the money is going.

Injuries play such a big part in point spreads as do hot streaks. Who knows who will be favored where. If we are 8-5 and they are 6-7 you think they will be favorable in Mia?
Unless the Rams really suck this week, I'm sure they'll be a slight favourite. But hey... I've been wrong before, just ask my ex-wife.

After the first 2 games of the season, it seemed like a complete implosion was happening. Especially with expectations of improvement after F/A and the draft, brought new optimism.

But once again, Flores has adjusted and rallied the troops and now, seemed to have turned the corner.

It sure seems like a new world of goodies has arrived in Miami with the team playing well once again.

I originally thought 5-6 wins seemed like a realistic expectation. Now with a Healthy Howard, Jones and a rock solid Rowe, the secondary has helped propel the entire team, with it's Vice Clamp Lockdown Capabilities; I think it's now possible, Miami could potentially win 7-8 games, if the momentum continues.

After the first 2 games of the season, it seemed like a complete implosion was happening. Especially with expectations of improvement after F/A and the draft, brought new optimism.

But once again, Flores has adjusted and rallied the troops and now, seemed to have turned the corner.

It sure seems like a new world of goodies has arrived in Miami with the team playing well once again.

I originally thought 5-6 wins seemed like a realistic expectation. Now with a Healthy Howard, Jones and a rock solid Rowe, the seconadry has helped propel the entire team, with it's Vice Clamp Lockdown Capabilities; I think they, now could potentially win 7-8 games, if the momentum continues.
Most of the FA signing are really working out very well. Jones, Ogbah, Lawson, Karras, and Flowers are ALL paying dividends. The Rookies are contributing more than rookies generally do... and our team culture is better than at any times since Shula.

I think we are still a year or two away from really competing with the likes of the Chefs or the SeaChickens, but this has been... fun. I'd almost forgotten what 'fun' feels like as a Dolphins fan.

I’m not going to look forward too much. The Rams look beatable as of yesterday and they play the 4-1 Bears at home on MNF. That gives Miami the advantage especially out of the bye.

I’ll reevaluate after that game.

Most of the FA signing are really working out very well. Jones, Ogbah, Lawson, Karras, and Flowers are ALL paying dividends. The Rookies are contributing more than rookies generally do... and our team culture is better than at any times since Shula.

I think we are still a year or two away from really competing with the likes of the Chefs or the SeaChickens, but this has been... fun. I'd almost forgotten what 'fun' feels like as a Dolphins fan.
This is a passing league and so far, in 2020, the Vision has taken shape and we fans are being treated to an Unexpected treat. Miami's culture is breeding a winning product. They are beginning to beat teams that they are expected to beat. No more gimmics with coaches like Philbin and Gase. No more bullcrap from people like Tannenbaum. It's about getting the players playing to their abilities and developing these kids into contributing assets.

Drafting better and spending wisely has truly helped with the rebuild. Now they just have to sustain it.

I'll stick with that.

We'll be favored vs. the Jets, Chargers, and Bengals, with the Cardinal and Broncos games close (both away games).
The Chiefs, Patriots, Bills, Raiders, and Rams will all be games that we should lose in any sane expectation.

To get to 9-7, we'd have to sweep the easy five games (tough for an average team like ours), and then upset one of the others (maybe the Patriots or Raiders?). I guess it could happen, but the key game is Sunday. Can we upset a better team who is coming off of a loss?

If we can eke out a win at home vs. the pissed-off Rams, I'll start to think, "maybe".
I’m confused, what key game is Sunday? We are on a bye this week.
I’m guessing you are referring to the following Sunday’s game against the Rams.
But the Rams are playing next Monday against the Bears and could be coming off a big win not to mention it will be a short week for them and we don’t know what their injury situation will look like in 2 weeks

I don’t know what to expect just yet, I think we’re on our way to becoming a very good team. One thing I’ll mention is we always call NE 2 losses then split. Why not just predict the split this year since it pretty much happens every year?
I think the injury picture will be huge. As long as we have Howard, Jones and Rowe we will be tough to throw on. Howard and Jones should be trouble for opposing teams WR’s and Rowe is crushing it against TE’s. If I was game planning to beat Miami’s defense I’d try cramball and play action.
Need to see us play more good teams but I think this is a pretty good football team and have thought so all along. Not sure where it can go this year but the future looks good as of now. Would love to sneak in to the tourney to gain experience though.

I didn't predict any records and all I wanted was to see the young guys do well. I was hoping we could make a push in 2021 and I still believe that's when we'll make a push as long as we get the players we still need......WR,RB.LB and pass rusher to start with. Not trying to be negative here but this team has let us all down before. We beat the jets.....great. now lets see if we can beat some good teams and I might let my guard down.

Still believe Miami is a 9 game winner this year, but if things were to go totally wrong they could fall to only 7 or 8 wins...On the other hand, if this defense and O-Line continue to grow, while Tua comes in and feels comfortable from the start, winning as many as 11 games could happen.

Rams looked pretty bad last night against a team we dominated.

Cardinals are good, but still not a dominant team.

Chargers with their injury problem are very mediocre...Even with Hurbert looking good.

Broncos are middle of the road, Lock is still trying to get comfortable coming back from Injury.

Jets even in the Meadowlands are not very good.

Bengals are still among the worst in the NFL.

Chief's game is going to be very tough, but in Miami it makes it a bit of a less improbable upset.

Patriots normally have trouble with Miami, but on top of everything, have lately been declining fast.

Raiders are starting to come to earth a bit, by the time Miami plays them, they could have come back considerably.

The Bills arena tough team, and in Buffalo they're much tougher, but each week they are looking less and less like a consistent team.

Not saying Miami can/will beat all of them, but each of them can be beat.

Probably Rams, Chiefs, and Bills will be toughest to compete against.

I'll stick with that.

The Rams play the Bears at home next Monday night before playing the Dolphins. Hopefully the Rams win that game and come to Miami in a good mood on a short week.

I didn't predict any records and all I wanted was to see the young guys do well. I was hoping we could make a push in 2021 and I still believe that's when we'll make a push as long as we get the players we still need......WR,RB.LB and pass rusher to start with. Not trying to be negative here but this team has let us all down before. We beat the jets.....great. now lets see if we can beat some good teams and I might let my guard down.

Agree, but progress comes in steps. Lost to BUF, NE, SEA - all close. That's remarkable for Miami. I'd love to beat the Rams, but losing by 7? Still progress and shows the team can compete with good teams. I think all of us are looking forward to '21, although I must add, how long has it been since Miami 'only' had 4-5 big holes?

Back
Top Bottom