Readjusting my prediction on the Fins record | Page 4 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Readjusting my prediction on the Fins record

I wont put a line on the win loss this year.
Theres been alot going on this year to make in extraordinary. COCVID,11 different starters and no preseason.
The biggest key to this year is growth again like the later part of last year.
I can point out a few things also.When Buffalo Miami played earlier the turning point in the game was Miami 1st and goal on the 1.ZERO pts and we were up 17-13.Seattle we hung with them for pretty much the whole game.NE was the only game we got our asses kicked so.

Think how your outlook changes if Tua starts and is who we thought he would be.

Listen, no matter how the rest of this season plays out...
We can safely say we are no longer the laughingstock of the league. It’s pretty amazing how far this team has come since horrible end of Gase era and a rocky start last year.
Not to mention, our guys are still very young with so many rookies/second year guys contributing in a big way...and we are LOADED in next years’s draft.

I don’t care how pessimistic/realistic some people wanna be, playoffs or no playoffs, the future looks bright

Listen, no matter how the rest of this season plays out...
We can safely say we are no longer the laughingstock of the league. It’s pretty amazing how far this team has come since horrible end of Gase era and a rocky start last year.
Not to mention, our guys are still very young with so many rookies/second year guys contributing in a big way...and we are LOADED in next years’s draft.

I don’t care how pessimistic/realistic some people wanna be, playoffs or no playoffs, the future looks bright
We gotta wear shades...

I think the key to all this, which is a true big deal, is that every game is now winnable. Been a while since you could really consider that.

and no I am not predicting 13-3, just saying we have as much chance as any to beat KC.

Did anyone expect 43-17? Anyway you slice it, injuries or not, that is an impressive win for Miami.

Didn't say it wasn't a nice win, at this point Davie has earned the expectations of beating a struggling team.

A good chance that we could be one game out of 1st place if we win after our bye.

When I think back to the Ravens opener last year it is incredible how much work has been done to make this a competitive team.

Again, 8-7 in your last 15 might be worth crowing about, but when you consider how non competitive that team looked and all the media talk about 0-16 to be where they are now is impressive.

I'm still shocked Denver was able to beat the Patriots.
The Patriots with Brady(oddly enough), i think, were more beatable than the Patriots with Cam.
Those mobile QB's have always given us a hard time.

It's no concidence, in my mind, our losses have been against Cam, Allen, and Wilson.

All our wins against more stationary QBs(Minshew, Flacco, Grapollo).

Nice analysis!

I said 8-8. I’ll stick with that, but I could see it being better, especially if we play Tua.

My pre-season prediction was 2-4 for the 1st 6 games while the team organized itself without the benefit of a normal preseason, and the finish as either a 7-3 or 8-2 WL record for the final 10 games. This means either a 9-7 or 10-6 for the year.

I'm an optimist and even I failed to give this team enough credit for their first 6 games, yielding a 3-3 WL record.

This doesn't even begin to address the level of competitive play this team has demonstrated in each game, nor the player development we wanted to see, but with levels that have exceeded many posters expectations. I really see a 10-6 season and possibly an 11-5 season.

The most important part of my preseason prediction was that we would be the kind of team nobody wants to play at the end of the year - a scrappy, overachieving (if that is really possible) well coached and relatively penalty free team.

I think this is still the case.

Back
Top Bottom