Reason a coveted QB available at No. 11 would be great for Dolphins even if they don’t want him | Page 3 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Reason a coveted QB available at No. 11 would be great for Dolphins even if they don’t want him

Deflection. Cute.

Just pointing out your premise wasn't based on anything but how you feel.

So says the poster that never actually discusses the play on the field. I have never read a post of yours where you actually attempt to explain what is happening on the field.

Except with Tannehill , it's never deserved by you people. He's the most blameless player to play for Miami since Marino.

Not blameless...but hardly the college pedigree of some of the QB's he's being compared to and really....the team and coaching staff that he has dealt with since his arrival and the beating he has taken ....he has the skill set to win...give him consistency on the coaching staff....and I don't know...an Oline?...a running back threat?....a true Alpha receiver?...a better than half a$$ed TE?....at least give him one or two of these....

Some of you talk as if the QB is SUPPOSED to be able to overcome the flaws of the entire team AND coaching staff and win regardless....unbelievable

Yes if u draft guy in rd2 to 3 he will not be ready start also. It might take that guy 2 to 4 yr start. They are no promised draft pick is going work out.

Not be ready to start if you draft a QB in round 2 or 3?

OK, just like Russell Wilson and Dak Prescott weren't ready.

Not blameless...but hardly the college pedigree of some of the QB's he's being compared to and really....the team and coaching staff that he has dealt with since his arrival and the beating he has taken ....he has the skill set to win...give him consistency on the coaching staff....and I don't know...an Oline?...a running back threat?....a true Alpha receiver?...a better than half a$$ed TE?....at least give him one or two of these....

Some of you talk as if the QB is SUPPOSED to be able to overcome the flaws of the entire team AND coaching staff and win regardless....unbelievable

Honestly, idgaf about college anything once you're in the NFL. What you did in college doesn't matter. Also, Tannehill isn't the only QB/player in the NFL who has had to face changing staffs, injuries, adversity, questionable roster talent, etc.

The NFL is a results driven league. Period. Potential doesn't mean **** unless you do something with it.

We can play this "what if" game all we want, but it won't change any results. If Tannehill doesn't have the best year of his career in 2018, Miami will be in the market for a QB in 2019.

I like the guy, he's made some nice plays in his career, but when he was drafted, we ALL hoped he would be a better player and have a better career than he has currently had.

More is against Tannehill than for him right now. And that's a fact.

Posters like me?

Your diatribe based in emotion, has no truth to it.

And nor does yours unless you can explain having one of the best head coaches in NFL history in Shula, one of the best QBs in Marino, and no Super Bowls to show for it. Remember, not one other position matters....

Not be ready to start if you draft a QB in round 2 or 3?

OK, just like Russell Wilson and Dak Prescott weren't ready.

True enough. But that's two (and I know you can find a couple of more) starter worthy QBs from beyond the 1st round, but how many didn't make the cut?

True enough. But that's two (and I know you can find a couple of more) starter worthy QBs from beyond the 1st round, but how many didn't make the cut?

And how many first-rounders also didn't make the cut?

mando says the dolphins really like roquan smith...I guess we will see come pick 11
I really think that is the pick if he's there at #11. He's also the player I'd want assuming Derwin James is gone by then. James IMO would be perfect for what we need on defense.

Honestly, idgaf about college anything once you're in the NFL. What you did in college doesn't matter. Also, Tannehill isn't the only QB/player in the NFL who has had to face changing staffs, injuries, adversity, questionable roster talent, etc.

The NFL is a results driven league. Period. Potential doesn't mean **** unless you do something with it.

We can play this "what if" game all we want, but it won't change any results. If Tannehill doesn't have the best year of his career in 2018, Miami will be in the market for a QB in 2019.

I like the guy, he's made some nice plays in his career, but when he was drafted, we ALL hoped he would be a better player and have a better career than he has currently had.

More is against Tannehill than for him right now. And that's a fact.

Fair enough....Didn't mean to get you all riled up...

but it is tough to face every one of those obstacles every season...(or so it seems)...can't the FO at least help narrow or shorten the obstacle course....

the front office should have had contingency plans all along with a developing QB...Tannehill hasn't shown to be the guy you fear behind center for whatever reason(s)....but I believe he is a good QB not a game changing QB...he has overcome adversity and the injury will be another set back that he will overcome...my point was he is not blameless ....there are only a handful of players at any position that can be a game changer week in and out...the QB position is probably the most scrutinized

I don't think many QB's in the league could have done a HUGE difference in terms of the win/loss column with our team for the past few seasons...IMO of course...

Bad move.. 5 QB,s in 1st round means 1 can be Elite. 2 mediocre and 2 busts. That's normal these days. Roll with Tannehill and see what he can do. If a bad season then it's definitely worth to draft QB next year. This yea r we need Defense and OL and a RB... QB ain't really worth it unless we trade up and get Rosen. IMO I think Mayfield and Allen are busts.

We've been in mediocrity for years and it's not because of the quarterback
While this is true, if we had chosen a QB that is a significantly better then tannehill (Rogers or brees or the eagles qb.) the team would have a piece to build around - things coalesce around the QB

Back
Top Bottom