***Reflection on today's AFC Championship game.*** | Page 4 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

***Reflection on today's AFC Championship game.***

NE's dynasty ended a long time ago, how can a team that didn't win a playoff game for 3 years be elite? THIS year they are but the last 3 years? Nope, you have to have playoff success to be elite.

One championship game I can write off as fluky but 2? and doing it back to back? that wasn't a fluke, we also beat the 2 hottest teams in the AFC on the road in the div rd each year.

'09 and '10 the Jets were elite, this year we took a step back but even including this year the Jets are still the only team in the NFL to make 2 title games the past 3 years.

I believe they are in the Super Bowl this year.

Only the trolling attention WHORE that is Juhnkie could turn a thread about the Cheatriots into a thread about him.

MODS: Is there a way to ban trolls from posting in threads I start?

Ravens won that game?

:idk:

Joe Flacco got to go against a lousy Patriots defense that had a wide receiver playing DB lol. Why didn't Flacco pick on him? Because Joe Flacco is an average QB. Why didn't Joe run for that first down at the end of the game on 3rd and 1? Instead he forces a bad pass. He's an average NFL QB.

Tom Brady had to face an elite NFL defense and his best weapon is Wes Welker. Welker had 53 yards because Baltimore is one of the best team's in the league at taking away the middle of the field. They do this because they have Ed Reed playing safety back there. One man who can take away the deep ball. We all knew Brady wasn't going to do to Baltimore what he did to Denver. He won't do it to New York either.

By your own admission, it had nothing to do with Brady, and it really didnt. He SUCKED. He threw 2 INT's and should've been three if not given his usually call.
He constantly missed wide open TE's down the seam, and he got outplayed by Flako.

Can't have it both ways brother.

By your own admission, it had nothing to do with Brady, and it really didnt. He SUCKED. He threw 2 INT's and should've been three if not given his usually call.
He constantly missed wide open TE's down the seam, and he got outplayed by Flako.

Can't have it both ways brother.

Ok, elite QBs never have a bad game? EVER?

It's ONE game lol. ONE. Quarterbacks in this league struggle against great defenses all the time. But offense dominates the league. But I said all year long that New England is AGAIN the most overrated team in the league and they were and still are. Baltimore SHOULD have won that game. But they didn't for a variety of offensive reasons.

Patriots are AGAIN vastly overrated. They can't get anyone off the field on third down. SAME problems they had last season and the SAME problems they'll have this season.

And for the record, I predicted the Bills would beat the Patriots FOR THE VERY REASONS that happened.

Am I ****ing good or what?

:lol: :lol:

It's ONE game lol. ONE. Quarterbacks in this league struggle against great defenses all the time. But offense dominates the league. But I said all year long that New England is AGAIN the most overrated team in the league and they were and still are. Baltimore SHOULD have won that game. But they didn't for a variety of offensive reasons.

Please explain why the Fruity Niners beat New Orleans and the Gints are in the Superbowl????

Good grief. You're gonna be like nyjunk and claim that Eli Manning isn't an elite level NFL QB.

The Giants are in the Super Bowl because of Eli Manning. Period. No other explanations needed.

Fruity Niners? That physical team...fruity??

49ers put 36 points on the board against New Orleans. That's not 36 defensive points. That's offense. Grand total of 68 points (I think) in a playoff game. Plenty of offense there. 49ers got it done because of great coaching and Alex Smith didn't **** them. Alex Smith threw THREE touchdowns. THREE. Drew Brees threw two picks. When you turn the football over in this league, the chances of you winning a game drastically decreases.

Joe Flacco throws two touchdowns and one pick. Brady throws zero touchdowns and two picks.

Patriots still win...with a terrible defense.

Offense matters. Baltimore is a terrible offense with a great defense.

Good grief. You're gonna be like nyjunk and claim that Eli Manning isn't an elite level NFL QB.

The Giants are in the Super Bowl because of Eli Manning. Period. No other explanations needed.

49ers put 36 points on the board against New Orleans. That's not 36 defensive points. That's offense. Grand total of 68 points (I think) in a playoff game. Plenty of offense there. 49ers got it done because of great coaching and Alex Smith didn't **** them. Alex Smith threw THREE touchdowns. THREE. Drew Brees threw two picks. When you turn the football over in this league, the chances of you winning a game drastically decreases.

Joe Flacco throws two touchdowns and one pick. Brady throws zero touchdowns and two picks.

Oh no, I have been saying Eli is a top 7 QB for 4 years, and I have taken MUCH grief for it, especially the last 3 years I have been here in Dallas. But lets face it, it was as much the defense that propelled them into the playoffs and now where they are.

Right, of course the Fruity Niners have a solid defense, that's my point.
A SOLID defense beat a top 2 QB, whereas a bottom? 20 QB (Alex Smith) beat a top? 15 defense.

I'm not as much saying its all about defense either, I am pointing out that it is not an exclusive Offensive league. Just as it has always been, it's a split. You can't win with just one (Well, the Cheatriots have managed to somehow :lol: ) but it takes all 3 phases of the team playing lights out. You can't win with just offense, ala New Orleans, and you can't win with just Defense, ala NYG. It takes all 3 elements including ST being well above average. THAT is what I am selling.

EDIT: I am saying that the Gints didn't win just because of their defense. I probably should've plugged the Ravens there instead....but I think you get my point.

EDITX2: Eli is probably more like a top 5 QB as I can only think of 4 I would rather have:
His Brother
Brees
Brady
Maybe Rodgers, but he has just come onto the scene....actually, that's all I can think of.

I also think Romo is in this discussion...as much as I DESPISE the Cowgirls.

I get your point, but you can't look too hard at the 49ers beating the Saints. It happens.

Point is, it doesn't happen that often anymore. It will happen, it's gonna happen and it will continue to happen no matter what rule changes the NFL makes to help the offenses. Great defenses will beat great offenses.

But these days great defenses beating great offenses falls under the 1% rule. It's not even split. Offense rules this league now and they'll continue to rule the league because offense sells. Fans want deep balls and lots of points. No one wants to see defensive struggles anymore (other than me).

Do you need only offense? No. You definitely need both. But you need a defense that can get opponents off the field in situational stops. If your defense is capable of shutting teams out week after week then great, but it's not likely. I gamble a lot...and I win a lot. And I've seen the way oddsmakers set up point spreads these days and point totals are several points higher than they were 10 years ago. Vegas knows what they're doing. They know what they're talking about and they've respected the way the game has changed and they've adjusted to that.

We have to as well.

resorting to "nyjunk"? how pathetic, you are better than that.

Was it Eli that shut out the falcons?

I guess it was Eli that took that short pass, made 3 guys miss and went 66 yds for the TD against GB then caught a Hail Mary?

It was also Eli that held GB to 14 pts in the competitive portion of the game.

It was also Eli to recovere 2 muffed/fumbled punts to set up their ONLY scores in the 2nd half and OT

Obviously it was all Eli:lol2:

They are in the SB b/c of their DEFENSE first. Eli has played well and has helped them but the D is shutting everyone down making Eli's job easy.

He is NOT and never has been an elite QB.

Again, w/ that talent in that weak division an elite QB is leading that team to 12-14 wins not 9.

Over his last 10 playoff games Brady has averaged an 85 QBR. In 5 of those games he's thrown more INT's than TD's. In 4 of those 10 he's had multiple INT games.

The Patriots won that game because their defense stepped up. The offense for the Patriots was way under par for them.

Baltimore's offense is no Pat or Saints or Packer "O", but they did rank 11th in the league last season. That's not terrible. The Patriots defense were ranked 15th in the regular season...again, not terrible. And the Patriots defense won that game for them...again, not terrible.

Over his last 10 playoff games Brady has averaged an 85 QBR. In 5 of those games he's thrown more INT's than TD's. In 4 of those 10 he's had multiple INT games.

The Patriots won that game because their defense stepped up. The offense for the Patriots was way under par for them.

Tom Brady is the reason the Pats had a dynasty and have a shot to start another. Don't pay attention to the #s, Brady wasn't great on Sunday but he led his team to the GW TD on an 11 play drive in the 4th qtr.

Beginning to think you two are the same guy.

so Eli doing nothing except when he gets 2 TOs deep in SF territory is the same as Brady leading an 11 play drive to take the lead in the 4th qtr?

Tom Brady is the reason the Pats had a dynasty and have a shot to start another. Don't pay attention to the #s, Brady wasn't great on Sunday but he led his team to the GW TD on an 11 play drive in the 4th qtr.

Bill Belichick and his defensive genius is why they had/have a dynasty. BB is the MAIN reason this team has been competative year in an dyear out for the last decade. Any decent QB would have (and has had) great success on this team.

Back
Top Bottom