***Reflection on today's AFC Championship game.*** | Page 5 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

***Reflection on today's AFC Championship game.***

Bill Belichick and his defensive genius is why they had/have a dynasty. BB is the MAIN reason this team has been competative year in an dyear out for the last decade. Any decent QB would have (and has had) great success on this team.

Check BB's record w/ and w/o Brady, Brady rescued BB's HC carer or he'd be a DC somewhere. Also check all the chokes those supposed "great" Ds have had in postseason only to be rescued by Brady including the SB against the Giants 4 years ago.

so Eli doing nothing except when he gets 2 TOs deep in SF territory is the same as Brady leading an 11 play drive to take the lead in the 4th qtr?

Come on dude....we all watched the games too.

Woodhead retured the kick to the Pats 40 yard line. The reason it was 11 plays was because Brady dinks and dunks. Brady had 4 INT's this game (2 called back due to penalties) and no TD passes. He was horrible.

Check BB's record w/ and w/o Brady, Brady rescued BB's HC carer or he'd be a DC somewhere. Also check all the chokes those supposed "great" Ds have had in postseason only to be rescued by Brady including the SB against the Giants 4 years ago.

Don't pull the Cleveland crap with me. No one wins in Cleveland. Check out Joe Montana's record agianst a BB designed defense. Not even he was able to beat BB.

Matt Cassell looked like Tom Brady when he filled in...why? Because BB is a great HC.

Come on dude....we all watched the games too.

Woodhead retured the kick to the Pats 40 yard line. The reason it was 11 plays was because Brady dinks and dunks. Brady had 4 INT's this game (2 called back due to penalties) and no TD passes. He was horrible.

so a 63 yard drive keeping his D off the field and fresh is the same as going 29 yds for a TD and getting the ball on the 24 needing a FG?

Don't pull the Cleveland crap with me. No one wins in Cleveland. Check out Joe Montana's record agianst a BB designed defense. Not even he was able to beat BB.

Matt Cassell looked like Tom Brady when he filled in...why? Because BB is a great HC.

Cle had been to 3 title games in 4 years just before BB got there, Cle would turn into the ravens and would win a SB a few years after BB.

He was DEFENSIVE COORDINATOR when they shut down Montana, he was a GREAT DC but he was a failure as a HC until Brady rescued his career.

Matt Cassell had been in that system for years, Cassell took another team to a div title 2 years later. NE won 6 less games in '08 w/ Cassell as starter than they did in '07 w/ Brady as the starter, the '08 sched was ridiculously easy.

NE was 6-0 against playoff bound teams in 2007 winning by an average of 20 PPG, in 2008 they went 1-4 against playoff bound teams(0-3 in non dolphin games).

BB was 5-11 in NE in 2000, BB started 0-2 in 2001 w/o Brady then magically they finished 11-3 en route to the SB once Brady became the starter.

so Eli doing nothing except when he gets 2 TOs deep in SF territory is the same as Brady leading an 11 play drive to take the lead in the 4th qtr?

And just yesterday you were trying to say that the Jets were the best team in the AFC East the past two years despite them backing into the playoffs both years.

If you can't give credit to Eli when hes handed some gifts, don't try and take credit for the Jets backing into the playoffs and winning a couple of games.

And just yesterday you were trying to say that the Jets were the best team in the AFC East the past two years despite them backing into the playoffs both years.

If you can't give credit to Eli when hes handed some gifts, don't try and take credit for the Jets backing into the playoffs and winning a couple of games.

First off there's no such thing as backing in, you either win the amount of games required or you don't but if you do subscribe to the jealous "backing in" theory how did we back in at 11-5 having clinched before the final week of the season?

I give Eli credit, he has been very good BUT he hasn't been the reason they are winning. It's the defense first and Eli is helping. You are trying to give him way too much credit for some odd reason.

so a 63 yard drive keeping his D off the field and fresh is the same as going 29 yds for a TD and getting the ball on the 24 needing a FG?

Cle had been to 3 title games in 4 years just before BB got there, Cle would turn into the ravens and would win a SB a few years after BB.

He was DEFENSIVE COORDINATOR when they shut down Montana, he was a GREAT DC but he was a failure as a HC until Brady rescued his career.

Matt Cassell had been in that system for years, Cassell took another team to a div title 2 years later. NE won 6 less games in '08 w/ Cassell as starter than they did in '07 w/ Brady as the starter, the '08 sched was ridiculously easy.

NE was 6-0 against playoff bound teams in 2007 winning by an average of 20 PPG, in 2008 they went 1-4 against playoff bound teams(0-3 in non dolphin games).

BB was 5-11 in NE in 2000, BB started 0-2 in 2001 w/o Brady then magically they finished 11-3 en route to the SB once Brady became the starter.

BB, during his time in Cleveland, turned a 28th ranked defense into the #1 ranked defense. The Ravens won the SB 6 seasons after BB left and that defense didn't start getting good again until 3 seasons after Ray Lewis was drafted.

I know he was the DC when he shut down Montana...that's why I said look at what his DEFENSE did against him.

Brady played for the Browns when they had the #1 defense and won the division? Hmmm...I never knew that.

Cassellhadn't started a football game since HIGH SCHOOL. The system the Patriots have in place enables nearly any decent QB to succeed. Do you really expect a QB who hadn't started a game in 6 years to be able to come in and go undefeated during the regular season? lol...Fact is...the Pats won 11 games with Cassel. Cassell will either be a back-up or out of the league in a few years. If you think Brady was the difference in 2001 after Bledsoe went down you're crazy. Look at Brady's numbers during his Super Bowl winning seasons. Then look at his defense. #1, #2, and #5. Brady has never won anything with a defense ranked lower than 5th.

Over his last 10 playoff games Brady has averaged an 85 QBR. In 5 of those games he's thrown more INT's than TD's. In 4 of those 10 he's had multiple INT games.

The Patriots won that game because their defense stepped up. The offense for the Patriots was way under par for them.

**crickets**

Number of games required? What is that number? We've won 10 games in a season and missed the playoffs. I'm sure you guys got in with 9...but it wasn't because you won 9...it was because you got some help.

I'm not subscribing to that theory. You got in how you got in. Good for you. Enjoy your free tshirts that I care nothing about. My point is, you try to discredit everything Eli did on Sunday by talking about the 49ers special teams blunders. Had Mark Sanchez played that well in a conference title game to get the Jets to a Super Bowl, you'd be legally changing your daughter's name to Mark Sanchez.

But because it's the big brother New York team going to the Super Bowl on the shoulders of their QB...you're gonna find anyway you can to discredit the Giants and especially Eli Manning. Damn near every expert out there is putting Eli in their top five. Is that not elite to you? What happens if Eli beats Brady again in the big show? That puts him with one more Super Bowl than his brother who has a .500 record in the playoffs.

Eli is the best QB in the league on third downs and one of the best in the fourth quarter. Those just so happen to be critical moments in the game. Eli steps up when it matters the most. Just another sign of an elite QB.

Number of games required? What is that number? We've won 10 games in a season and missed the playoffs. I'm sure you guys got in with 9...but it wasn't because you won 9...it was because you got some help.

I'm not subscribing to that theory. You got in how you got in. Good for you. Enjoy your free tshirts that I care nothing about. My point is, you try to discredit everything Eli did on Sunday by talking about the 49ers special teams blunders. Had Mark Sanchez played that well in a conference title game to get the Jets to a Super Bowl, you'd be legally changing your daughter's name to Mark Sanchez.

But because it's the big brother New York team going to the Super Bowl on the shoulders of their QB...you're gonna find anyway you can to discredit the Giants and especially Eli Manning. Damn near every expert out there is putting Eli in their top five. Is that not elite to you? What happens if Eli beats Brady again in the big show? That puts him with one more Super Bowl than his brother who has a .500 record in the playoffs.

Eli is the best QB in the league on third downs and one of the best in the fourth quarter. Those just so happen to be critical moments in the game. Eli steps up when it matters the most. Just another sign of an elite QB.

Sanchez has played better in conference championship games than Eli has. However, Sanchez, overall, sucks and Eli is elite.

Also, "critical time" starts with the 1st quarter and ends with the end of the 4th quarter. In short..."clutch" is a myth.

Yeah, I'm sure Rex Jr. is about to have statistics diarrhea all over this thread in defense of Sanchez.

I always love the guys who don't look at statistics. lol...Usually it's because the stats prove them wrong.

Here's the skinny on stats. Stats are objective and an opinion is not. A TD is a TD is a TD. Throwing TD's, not throwing INT's, and playing well shows up in the STATS. When I say Sanchez played better in his two Conference CC games than Eli it's not because I'm judging their TEAMS...I'm judging them on an individual basis.

Team- Giants > Jets in the Conf. CC games

QB's- Sanchez > Eli in the Conf. CC games

BB, during his time in Cleveland, turned a 28th ranked defense into the #1 ranked defense. The Ravens won the SB 6 seasons after BB left and that defense didn't start getting good again until 3 seasons after Ray Lewis was drafted.

I know he was the DC when he shut down Montana...that's why I said look at what his DEFENSE did against him.

Brady played for the Browns when they had the #1 defense and won the division? Hmmm...I never knew that.

Cassellhadn't started a football game since HIGH SCHOOL. The system the Patriots have in place enables nearly any decent QB to succeed. Do you really expect a QB who hadn't started a game in 6 years to be able to come in and go undefeated during the regular season? lol...Fact is...the Pats won 11 games with Cassel. Cassell will either be a back-up or out of the league in a few years. If you think Brady was the difference in 2001 after Bledsoe went down you're crazy. Look at Brady's numbers during his Super Bowl winning seasons. Then look at his defense. #1, #2, and #5. Brady has never won anything with a defense ranked lower than 5th.

Was he DC or HC? all that matters is the W-L record where in 5 seasons he made ONE postseason app and won one playoff game. By the way, the 1st ranked D in pts allowed in 1994(which got shredded in the div rd at Pitt) turned into the 20th ranked D in 1995.

his 5 years there:

1991 14
1992 10
1993 17
1994 1
1995 20

The Ravens won 5 years after BB left

Awesome but this discussion is about BB the HC not BB the DC.

One playoff year in Cleveland and you are crowing?

He's coached 7 seasons w/o Brady and made the playoffs ONE time, w/ Brady he's missed the playoffs ONE time in 10 seasons.

Cassell was in that system for years learning under the best QB in the game.

The Pats won 10 games that Cassell started against a MUCH easier sched than the year before where Brady led them to 16 wins

Look at how those defenses played in postseason, look nat how NE was playing before Brady became the starter. The only postseason where the NE D played really well was 2001 and in that SB they became the first D EVER to blow a 14 pt 4th qtr lead in a SB before Brady rescued them w/ one of the greatest drives of all time.

BB w/o Brady is a DC somewhere right now

some years 9 gets you in, some years 10 and sometimes 11.

I don't discredit Eli, I give him proper credit. he played well, he isn't carrying the team like you seem to think he is.

Sanchez played better in Pitt in 2010 in the title game than Eli did in 2011 at SF. The difference btw winning and losing was 2 extremely close plays, in '10 we had a play that could have gone either way that was called a fumble for a TD, in '11 Bradshaw fumbled and they blew the whistle. If those plays go they other way(like thye easily could have) different teams win or if our D and STs played like the Giants we beat Pitt fairly easily.

What did Eli do in the 4th qtr vs. SF? Eli has thrown a bunch of 4th qtr Tds but he's thrown a ton of 4th qtr INTs too to keep opponents in games.

We're going to the SB, yet another one post spygate. Love the whole "cheatriots" thing, bitter little kids. Thanks again for being our doormat to another SB.

AFC CHAMPIONS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Back
Top Bottom