Report: Dolphins trying to get to third pick without giving up fifth | Page 8 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Report: Dolphins trying to get to third pick without giving up fifth

I dont know what dolphins are up too. We will find out at 8 pm Thursday..just relax and watch show. Good luck dolphins

Well if the goal was to keep everyone guessing the Dolphins get a A+. I think people know what they want the Dolphins to do, but are still unsure of which way this is going to play out.

Then I would keep Howard. I wouldn't even trade up to 3 if pick 5 was involved unless I was only giving up an additional future 3rd at most. I don't believe any other team, including the Chargers, are sold enough on Tua's long term durability to gamble multiple picks if those picks include one in the top 10. IMO Bob Quinn is attempting to dupe the Dolphins and I hope Grier doesn't fall for the ruse.

Im not sure what picks would be involved if we traded Howard but his contract demands extra

What about Tua at 3 , Simmons at 5...........Trade one of the later picks and our first 2 at 39 to get back into the 1st round to get Jones, Jackson or whoever they might be in love with.
Leader of o and d, then take whatever tackle falls

I would prefer it to be whenever Flores feels he is ready. I'm not against a rookie sitting for a year, in fact, I think it actually increases the odds that they succeed. The 10% bothers me because it seems to contradict all the hype about how well Tua's recovery has gone. I have always had some concerns about Tua aside from the injury but the hip has been the biggest. I have been less concerned since we have been hearing so much positive about his recovery, only to find out now that amazing recovery may be synonymous with with "fully recovered by next year". That would be a red flag for me if true.

At least you admit your built in bias.

Which means, nothing I can say will move you. Kinda where I am with everyone not named Tua or Joe.

I don’t see how #18 + a first round pick in 2021 doesn’t get a deal done — especially when MIA can agree to convey the highest pick between their own or HOU’s.

Think about it. To move down 15 spots, HOU gets a first rounder next season from MIA or HOU — who both have a decent probability of finishing in the bottom 10. And they’d be guaranteed to get the pick from the team with the worst finish between the two.

If I am MIA I’d rather surrender one of the two first’s next season than have to give up 5 this season.

For DET, 18 is still a nice pick and they’d add a 2nd first round next season that has a high probability to be in the upper half and decent chance to be top 10.

It give them a good chance to go looking for a future QB to replace Stafford next season.

If another pick, such as a 3rd, needs to be added to make it all work, I‘d seriously consider it,

If we trade Howard it just creates another hole with less draft picks it doesnt make sense to do.

You can say that about a lot of our trades though. Gods of getting a player of the safety we traded at the pic we got aren't great.

There are 3 really good tackles. One goes at 4. Zero chance the other 2 last past the browns and jets. All the dolphins need to do is trade up ahead of 10 and I think they'll get one of them. trading to pick 9 would be significantly cheaper than up to 3, although that would also tackle the issue of trading up for tua. :nailbiting I dont like the idea of trading either of our 2021 1sts, do it with our 2020 ammo.

Tua and Wills.

Herbert and Thomas.

Someone like Dobbins in the 2nd round.

Im guessing it would be 18, 26, and a 1st next year.

Or Love and . . .
No one knows how Miami ranks the top 4. Not saying I like the idea, but projecting 'MY' wishes on a draft isn't the way it's done

I don’t see how #18 + a first round pick in 2021 doesn’t get a deal done — especially when MIA can agree to convey the highest pick between their own or HOU’s.

Think about it. To move down 15 spots, HOU gets a first rounder next season from MIA or HOU — who both have a decent probability of finishing in the bottom 10. And they’d be guaranteed to get the pick from the team with the worst finish between the two.

If I am MIA I’d rather surrender one of the two first’s next season than have to give up 5 this season.

For DET, 18 is still a nice pick and they’d add a 2nd first round next season that has a high probability to be in the upper half and decent chance to be top 10.

It give them a good chance to go looking for a future QB to replace Stafford next season.

If another pick, such as a 3rd, needs to be added to make it all work, I‘d seriously consider it,
Why would Detroit trade down for a pick next year? I will cost the coach his job, maybe before this season starts. There's no way he doesn't deal for help for this year. Maybe #18 and 2 #2's and a #3 ect.

I don't see how we get to #3 while keeping #5 without a third team involved. The Lions regime isn't going to drop from #3 to #18 when their jobs are on the line next season.

Enter the Arizona Cardinals. We give them #18 and #39 to get to #8, then package #8 with #26 to wind up at #3.

Back
Top Bottom