Report: Dolphins trying to get to third pick without giving up fifth | Page 7 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Report: Dolphins trying to get to third pick without giving up fifth

It's Armando Salguero and is the flimsiest story yet. If it was Adam Schefter I would believe it, but Armando? Not so much. Still, if it is true, you can bet it was way more expensive to move up than what most here think. My guess is a couple of pics AND Howard. The Lions really need a corner.
Why would we let Howard go..we need him too.

I would rather get Burrow and ot. But Tua will work need stay healthy after next yr..lot riding on tua.. I feel like question mark. My advice Tua learn how slide and avoid them big hits and stay healthy...

It's Armando Salguero and is the flimsiest story yet. If it was Adam Schefter I would believe it, but Armando? Not so much. Still, if it is true, you can bet it was way more expensive to move up than what most here think. My guess is a couple of pics AND Howard. The Lions really need a corner.
If it is Howard plus a couple of mid round picks for pick 3 then it would be a good trade. If it is pick 5 plus Howard to move up two spots for a guy who would most likely be there at 5 then Grier should be fired. I am not believing this rumor or any BS Armando throws out there. I will wait until something is officially announced.

Chaos.

On the eve of the Draft.

Davie better nail this. They are on the clock once that 1st pick is made.

The only way the Lions don't get our 5th pick is if they get a corner in return, and Howard fits that bill. Even so, I still wouldn't be surprised if we lose our fifth and Howard. If this happens, I presume the pick is Tua. The news on NFL Network Radio today claims that the Dolphins doctors have passed his physical. Unfortunately, the same news have at least one doctor claiming that Tua is making an amazing recovery but only has a 10 percent chance of taking a snap this year. If we move up to take him I sure hope it is worth it.

The only way the Lions don't get our 5th pick is if they get a corner in return, and Howard fits that bill. Even so, I still wouldn't be surprised if we lose our fifth and Howard. If this happens, I presume the pick is Tua. The news on NFL Network Radio today claims that the Dolphins doctors have passed his physical. Unfortunately, the same news have at least one doctor claiming that Tua is making an amazing recovery but only has a 10 percent chance of taking a snap this year. If we move up to take him I sure hope it is worth it.

On that premise.

At what point would you expect a rookie QB to take regular season snaps?

If it is Howard plus a couple of mid round picks for pick 3 then it would be a good trade. If it is pick 5 plus Howard to move up two spots for a guy who would most likely be there at 5 then Grier should be fired. I am not believing this rumor or any BS Armando throws out there. I will wait until something is officially announced.

i think howard could be in play but I think howard's salary will demand something higher than some mid round picks

On that premise.

At what point would you expect a rookie QB to take regular season snaps?
I would prefer it to be whenever Flores feels he is ready. I'm not against a rookie sitting for a year, in fact, I think it actually increases the odds that they succeed. The 10% bothers me because it seems to contradict all the hype about how well Tua's recovery has gone. I have always had some concerns about Tua aside from the injury but the hip has been the biggest. I have been less concerned since we have been hearing so much positive about his recovery, only to find out now that amazing recovery may be synonymous with with "fully recovered by next year". That would be a red flag for me if true.

i think howard could be in play but I think howard's salary will demand something higher than some mid round picks
Then I would keep Howard. I wouldn't even trade up to 3 if pick 5 was involved unless I was only giving up an additional future 3rd at most. I don't believe any other team, including the Chargers, are sold enough on Tua's long term durability to gamble multiple picks if those picks include one in the top 10. IMO Bob Quinn is attempting to dupe the Dolphins and I hope Grier doesn't fall for the ruse.

Don't want to "toot my own horn" or anything...but I kinda do since I'm new here ;)

But I called it this morning in JReg's thread the moment we got our incomplete info that the Dolphins were being rumored to want Detroit's #3.

I said the only way I'd accept it, (and my interpretation of the rumor) was that we'd be looking to trade 18, 26, and next years 1st for the 3 and keep our 5. The only reasonable answer to me is to combine Tua with his RT (who has the value of an elite LT to us) ...and it makes perfect sense when you consider the haul we got for Tunsil.

Everything feels like it was a plan-by-design...who knows...but if it plays out this way...or anything remotely like it...then it will have bought Grier years of no questions asked from me.

You have to admire it...its balls of steel to gut the team (of pro bowl talents) and risk everything for a completely new vision...and one that includes arguably the best QB prospect in a long time with arguably the best LT in this years draft. I can't remember another draft in my lifetime where a team had got the best prospects at both critical positions.

This draft would be legendary.

So excited right now after weeks of dread with all the Herbert rumors....just please, please NFL God's...anything but that.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom