Report: Dolphins trying to get to third pick without giving up fifth | Page 5 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Report: Dolphins trying to get to third pick without giving up fifth

I keep seeing this theory that teams are loading up with picks for Lawrence next year. What team in their right mind would give up Lawrence in any kind of trade? I mean if you have the number 1 pick you definitely have QB problems and Lawrence is one of those Peyton Manning type picks that don't come around every year.
I agree, but there is always a chance. What if the Bengals duck again because Zac Taylor is just awful, but Burrow shows promise to be a star? No way Cincy drafts Trevor, they grab multiple first and build around Burrow. Bill O'Brien could turn the Texans into a laughing stock, they could fall terribly. He gets fired, but no way they attempt to replace Watson. Point being, you never know, but you can be prepared just in case.

Gil Brandt said lions getting Miami's 5th 18th and 26th would be fair value for the #3 pick. It was on his twitter. What an idiot

Kind of a meh move IMO. I understand if we have to trade up to get our QB. I just don’t see a player outside of Chase Young being worth aggressively trading up for. Trying to get to 3 without giving up 5 is a super aggressive move that will cost a lot of draft capital.

posted in another thread but read the whole twitter thread

For those that can't

Mando has stated Lions are preparing to draft 5th (damn)

Dan Marino is Jordan Love's biggest supporter and has been pushing for him.

Most of Herbert's top supporters are Tannebaum holdovers but the people with the loudest voices (Grier, Marino, Flores) have argued against Herbert

There are some concerns about Tua that are NOT medical related

Feelings are Miami trading up is still to get Tua, but would not be too surprised if team takes position and goes for Jordan Love.

Again Cannata and PFN broke the TUnsil news

For those that can't

Most of Herbert's top supporters are Tannebaum holdovers but the people with the loudest voices (Grier, Marino, Flores) have argued against Herbert

Feelings are Miami trading up is still to get Tua, but would not be too surprised if team takes position and goes for Jordan Love.

if they take Love at five I am turning off my damn Tv

Gil Brandt said lions getting Miami's 5th 18th and 26th would be fair value for the #3 pick. It was on his twitter. What an idiot

I've seen posts here that have said pretty much the same thing...

I try so hard not to point at them and laugh.

So we got 2 first-round picks for Tunsil, and now we are just going to use 2 first-round picks to trade up and take another OT? It makes zero sense.

If we are willing to trade 2 first-round picks to move up and draft an OT, we would have just kept Tunsil. I doubt this happens.

If we moving to 3 it better be for tua and the skins better have told us they are taking chase young.

if we move up there for a left tackle over tua nothing will be safe in my house.

Skins aren't taking Tua. If they do, We'll just take Chase Young and trade him to the highest bidder. No.3 was always been the sweet spot in the draft for a trade up.

For those that can't

Thanks, good stuff!

Bill O'Brien could turn the Texans into a laughing stock, they could fall terribly. He gets fired, but no way they attempt to replace Watson. Point being, you never know, but you can be prepared just in case.

And if that happens, it won’t matter because MIA has that draft pick. HOU won’t have the option to replace Watson with Trevor Lawrence. The Dolphins will be taking Lawrence, or settling for a huge bounty of assets in return. ;)

if they take Love at five I am turning off my damn Tv

More fittingly:

a0b.gif

Back
Top Bottom