Report: Dolphins trying to get to third pick without giving up fifth | Page 4 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Report: Dolphins trying to get to third pick without giving up fifth

Not a fan unless we must for Tua. Otherwise, we need to accumulate good players and there’s plenty of talent to be had outside of the top couple picks.

There's no can't miss prospect at qb this year especially with Tua and Herbert and most of the top QBs in the league weren't drafted in the Top 10. And many not even in the 1st round at all.

I would love this draft....

5) Simmons
18) Best LT available
26) Love
39) Best RB
56) OL or WR

In the mid-rounds double down on qb with Anthony Gordon or someone else.
I love Simmons too but this plan is totally about Tua/Willis or Tua/Thomas

all drafts are different. if Chase Young falls a pick or too, the value for picks goes up. Plus there are three qbs that could go in first five picks so that also drives up cost
.Unless teams overpay though nobody is moving out of top three to get get the 18th pick and a future number one.

Also where do u get the info that that is value. The 3rd pick is worth generically 2200 and 18 is worth 900. A future pick is always worth less.
Read where a future pick is considered slightly above point value of a pick in the middle of the same round that year. The middle is 16, worth 1000 points, so slightly above that is probably the 14 range, which is 1100 points

Read where a future pick is considered slightly above point value of a pick in the middle of the same round that year. The middle is 16, worth 1000 points, so slightly above that is probably the 14 range, which is 1100 points

i have always seen that a future pick is always valued less depending on team.

And what happens if/when the giants trade out at 4 for someone coming up for tua?

whoops isn’t gonna cut it

some Russian roulette players up in here

Maybe some aren't weighing the economics and risk of betting your franchise's future on a history of concerning injuries. Especially when you have an opportunity to draft 2 elite defenders that are scheme fits for your defensive minded head coach.

In fact, i'd say the Russian Roulette players are those drafting Tua.

i have always seen that a future pick is always valued less depending on team.
It does also depend on team. Miami has the 5th pick this year, the chart doesn't expect a team picking top 5 to make a drastic enough gain to pick above mid first the next year. If a team like the Seahawks with pick 27, then the pick is valued like a second rounder. So, yeah it does depend on drafting position, but I was looking at Miami only in the scenario

It does also depend on team. Miami has the 5th pick this year, the chart doesn't expect a team picking top 5 to make a drastic enough gain to pick above mid first the next year. If a team like the Seahawks with pick 27, then the pick is valued like a second rounder. So, yeah it does depend on drafting position, but I was looking at Miami only in the scenario
i would expect it to be graded as a mid rounder since its next year

i would expect it to be graded as a mid rounder since its next year
Like you said earlier, it also depends on the team and their views. I think we could make a deal with Carolina for pick 7....they would love to add a first next year, they want ammo to trade up for Lawrence

Like you said earlier, it also depends on the team and their views. I think we could make a deal with Carolina for pick 7....they would love to add a first next year, they want ammo to trade up for Lawrence

Well that is quite a differnce with the seventh pick and u could be correct on that

Maybe some aren't weighing the economics and risk of betting your franchise's future on a history of concerning injuries. Especially when you have an opportunity to draft 2 elite defenders that are scheme fits for your defensive minded head coach.

In fact, i'd say the Russian Roulette players are those drafting Tua.

Come away with no future at QB, and all the rest do not matter.

I keep seeing this theory that teams are loading up with picks for Lawrence next year. What team in their right mind would give up Lawrence in any kind of trade? I mean if you have the number 1 pick you definitely have QB problems and Lawrence is one of those Peyton Manning type picks that don't come around every year.

I just don’t see one tackle that is worth trading two first round picks and a second round pick for to move up to three.

That is basically what they received in the Tunsil trade and he was a proven NFL player. Any tackle they take at 3 or 5 still is going to have to come in and prove it at the NFL level.

I agree with you on this. It’s a key point.

It doesn’t make much sense to surrender essentially the same capital they were willing to trade away a proven LT for.

Look, we all know the Dolphins need o-line help. But if MIA ends up with 3 and 5, they better take the best, most impactful talent available. Tua and Simmons or Brown would just be that.

O-line help can still be found in later rounds. And they’ve already added a couple bodies in FA.

Furthermore, Rome wasn’t built in a day. And MIA isn’t going to be able to complete a rebuild in only one draft. They can add to the line again in 2021.

I thought the JJ rule was a 1st next year has the value of a 2nd this year. A 2nd next year has the value of a 3rd this year. Etc

So the value of a first next year is like giving another 2nd rounder this year. That would be more in the 300-500 range rather than 1000

Back
Top Bottom