Report: Flores Loves Parsons | Page 2 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Report: Flores Loves Parsons

He's not a sexy pick but he could anchor a D for the next decade. I doubt he's picked at 6 but I could see them move up for him.
i've said many times. if parsons is falling towards the patriots, i would like to make a reasonable move to jump up ahead of them and take him.

ideally they trade up and draft a sh!tty QB instead (and give up way too much in the process).

Parsons makes a ton of sense for this defense. He also can be a situational pass rusher and is much more dynamic than anyone on our defense. Pitts and Parsons would be an awesome day 1 (even if we have to trade up for Parsons). Grab a RB at 36 and let’s go

There are so many good WR's in this draft that I think the value of Parsons at six is probably higher than we think, same with Sewell. Then again, both players sat out last season and I do remember Flo saying he was going to focus on the players that played in 2020.

If he last till pick 18th...I would love if we took him, but he will not be picked in the top 10 probably, yet will not reach Miami at 18 either.

There are so many good WR's in this draft that I think the value of Parsons at six is probably higher than we think, same with Sewell. Then again, both players sat out last season and I do remember Flo saying he was going to focus on the players that played in 2020.
I think the Dolphins may be one of those teams who will be reluctant to draft a player in the first round who opted out last season. Flores loves players who love to play the game and is a team first type player.
Depending on why each player opted out last year might determine the Dolphins interest in each of these players early in the draft.

I wonder how many fans thinking Parsons is great actually watched everyone of his games?
If they did they would know almost every sack he got was plays where he was unblocked and never had to use a move to beat a blocker.
Same with most of his tackles for loss.
He is a good player.
Great players make great plays against elite teams. Against Ohio State he was average.
Maybe they draft him at #18. That might be ok.
But astute ex GM analysts do not have him on their top 10 player lists.

I think the Dolphins may be one of those teams who will be reluctant to draft a player in the first round who opted out last season. Flores loves players who love to play the game and is a team first type player.
Depending on why each player opted out last year might determine the Dolphins interest in each of these players early in the draft.
I don't know that anybody opted out because they don't love the game. SOme may have opted out due to covid concerns and some may have opted out to prep for the draft and not risk being injured in a season where teams weren't as prepared as they normally would have been due to covid. I think you would find very few if any who just opted out due to lack of love for the game.

I don't know that anybody opted out because they don't love the game. SOme may have opted out due to covid concerns and some may have opted out to prep for the draft and not risk being injured in a season where teams weren't as prepared as they normally would have been due to covid. I think you would find very few if any who just opted out due to lack of love for the game.
Spin it how you like....but opting out is just that...opting out. It tells a lot, not all, but a lot about a player. Flo tends to NOT like those types of players. Especially not investing a high pick on.

Back
Top Bottom