Report: Flores Loves Parsons | Page 4 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Report: Flores Loves Parsons

San Diego and Minnesota are teams that might be trade partners for 18.
True and San Diego could be a trade down partner as well.

Denver and Dallas would be the worries for Parson.

If parsons is the pick, I would hope we trade down

But again, flo and Grier leak nothing unless they have a reason. For example, they may be trying to entice Dallas or someone to panic and trade up.

Who knows.

So reports Flores likes Parsons and D. Smith. They could be our first 2 picks.

Well Parsons just might be a Phin? Smokescreen or Real? We'll know soon enough. I say, Come on Down Micah. Welcome to Miami!!!
This guy is a tricky one. He opted out last year and has some character red flags so I hear. Also, I seriously doubt anyone knows who Miami truly likes and I’m also sure they like quite a few players. So we’ll see Would hate to see us trade up for him as they suggest in the article.

This type of logic escapes me. That’s how an org rationalizes Sam Bowie over Michael Jordan.

The lack of depth at a certain position or skill set doesn’t make the player any better or worse than he already is.

An argument can be made that it makes the player more valuable, but then I’d counter that LB isn’t as valuable a position in today’s game as offensive play maker. Same could be argued about o-line as lots of org’s develop those guys out of later round prospects.

While every position has late round or undrafted gems, the majority of the elite QB’s and skill players are acquired in the first few rounds.

In the end, this game has become an offensive heavy game. Just like pro basketball. I’m going with elite offensive talent over defensive talent all day long.

Especially in MIA’s case where they already have a very good defense but are lacking on the offensive side of the ball.

If we’re talking solely between Parsons and Sewell, IMO a much better case for Sewell at 6 can be made than for Parsons.

Unless it’s an elite pass rushing or coverage prospect, I don’t see any justification for a defensive player at 6 — especially in MIA’s case.

Circling back to lack of depth at LB making Parsons more valuable, I think some of these org’s are making a mistake taking 3-5 QB’s near the top of the draft.

They are following the same reasoning. In doing so they are very likely passing up better football players.

The WR depth in this class is overrated/misunderstood. There are six WR's I'd call really good bets, and after them, you have a mix of role players and guys who could go either way. There will be a hit or two from that group, but unless you know which guy will hit, or you have 50 picks in the middle rounds, that "depth" doesn't help much. If your WR room is already stacked, it makes sense to target guys who could go either way later in the draft, because the payoff is significant, and the cost is low. Tampa Bay drafted T. Johnson in the 5th in 2020, and he was a pretty good bet regardless of draft position (excellent bet in the 5th).

The strength of the 2021 class, though, is in the Top 6 guys - not its depth. The class IS deep at the top. You don't often see 6 WR's who have clear paths to greatness and high floors. There's very little projection with that group. After them, though, you're getting into that zone where you have to project a lot. Guys like T. Wallace, D. Brown, K. Toney, and A. St. Brown show enough to make you think they could be good NFL players, but they carry enough questions or limitations to think they could just as easily be nothing more than 3rd or 4th options in the NFL.

And, after that group, you're pretty much looking at dart throws. When people cite the depth of the class as a reason to pass on WR early, it's echo-chamber nonsense.

Last edited:
Maybe a trade up from 18 for parsons. A true playmaker /3 down line backer is what we have been missing forever.

The more I think about the depth of WR in this draft, the more I believe WR will not be our pick at 6. Parsons, Sewell, Pitts...Bateman at 18 could be an option if we go down that path.

I hope we don’t penalize guys too much for not playing this year. I think them sitting could allow some to fall and end up being great value.

I don't think sitting out a year to play "semi-professional" football for free, while risking losing guarenteed life changing money, is a clear representation of your love of the game.

A guy like Kenneth Gainwell could have easily put himself in the top tier of RBs if he played this year. Even someone like Bateman could have a higher stock right now if he played more than 5 games. These guys could suffer some from being out of sight out of mind, even though they are very good prospects.

The limited tape we have on opt outs can definitely be a factor. I just wouldn't label any of them "do not draft."

I wonder how many fans thinking Parsons is great actually watched everyone of his games?
If they did they would know almost every sack he got was plays where he was unblocked and never had to use a move to beat a blocker.
Same with most of his tackles for loss.
He is a good player.
Great players make great plays against elite teams. Against Ohio State he was average.
Maybe they draft him at #18. That might be ok.
But astute ex GM analysts do not have him on their top 10 player lists.
I’ve watched the majority of his reps..my take is this is a player that was so raw in the beginning, then, if you watch all the games you start to see this gradual understanding and familiarity Of what he’s doing which starts to translate into putting himself into better positions to make plays, then the icing on the cake, the culmination is, his last game against Memphis, plays possibly the most impressive explosive game from a linebacker that ive seen In a long time..I mean that game if you just had that tape to go on you would say he’s the #1 overall pick in Most drafts.

So while there aren’t a lot of reps, there was an evolution of play that points where the line goes from the bottom to the top.

he’s a wild thoroughbred, if you spend some time training him he ‘s most likely to win the derby..

and a side note, jmo, there is a big difference between he and Oweh, even though they have similar Athletic profiles, I think Parsons is a football player who has great athletic talent, I think Oweh is an athlete playing football.

There are so many good WR's in this draft that I think the value of Parsons at six is probably higher than we think, same with Sewell. Then again, both players sat out last season and I do remember Flo saying he was going to focus on the players that played in 2020.
I don't think you are off-base here. I actually think they view Sewell and Parsons high on their draft board. Grier and Flo don't care what the fan and experts think, they want players that fit what they want to do. Adding Parsons to this defense I believe puts them over the top. Adding Sewell to the offensive line I believe set that line up to be dominate.

Flo wants to run the ball with power and play tough D. I don't see a TE/WR at #6 and honestly not sure I see a WR at #6 for Miami. I know that's not popular, but I am trying to look at it like they would.

San Diego and Minnesota are teams that might be trade partners for 18.
Those are the same two I think Flo will target. Trade 6 to 9 and 18 to one of these. Damn the possibilities!!

The WR depth in this class is overrated/misunderstood. There are six WR's I'd call really good bets, and after them, you have a mix of role players and guys who could go either way. There will be a hit or two from that group, but unless you know which guy will hit, or you have 50 picks in the middle rounds, that "depth" doesn't help much. If your WR room is already stacked, it makes sense to target guys who could go either way later in the draft, because the payoff is significant, and the cost is low. Tampa Bay drafted T. Johnson in the 5th in 2020, and he was a pretty good bet regardless of draft position (excellent bet in the 5th).

The strength of the 2021 class, though, is in the Top 6 guys - not it's depth. The class IS deep at the top. You don't often see 6 WR's who have clear paths to greatness and high floors. There's very little projection with that group. After them, though, you're getting into that zone where you have to project a lot. Guys like T. Wallace, D. Brown, K. Toney, and A. St. Brown show enough to make you think they could be good NFL players, but they carry enough questions or limitations to think they could just as easily be nothing more than 3rd or 4th options in the NFL.

And, after that group, you're pretty much looking at dart throws. When people cite the depth of the class as a reason to pass on WR early, it's echo-chamber nonsense.

I don’t disagree with a thing you said here.

If you don’t mind, from here on out until the draft, every time this topic comes up I’m just going to refer people back to this post. ;)

The WR depth in this class is overrated/misunderstood. There are six WR's I'd call really good bets, and after them, you have a mix of role players and guys who could go either way.

To save me the time of researching through all your other posts, who are the 6?

Pitts, Chase, Smith, Waddle — I’m guessing for sure (Unless you’re not including Pitts in the WR mix).

Who do you consider the other 2 or 3 good bets?

This just in: Flores probably likes most of the 1st round prospects in the draft and would like to have any of them on the team. This report means nothing.

Back
Top Bottom