Report: Flores Loves Parsons | Page 3 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Report: Flores Loves Parsons

There's a lot to like with him, he's a good player, but I sure as hell don't want him at 6

Me either.

Though, if MIA lands Pitts, Smith, Chase or Waddle with 6 then trades up from 18 to get Parsons — I won’t be upset at all.

Or maybe they trade back a few slots from 6 to still land Smith or Waddle then trade up from 18, as they’d have acquired more draft capital thus making it more worthwhile to move up.

Are the Dolphins planning to trade up from 18 to grab parsons using the 2023 first round pick from the 49ers?

There are so many good WR's in this draft that I think the value of Parsons at six is probably higher than we think, same with Sewell.

This type of logic escapes me. That’s how an org rationalizes Sam Bowie over Michael Jordan.

The lack of depth at a certain position or skill set doesn’t make the player any better or worse than he already is.

An argument can be made that it makes the player more valuable, but then I’d counter that LB isn’t as valuable a position in today’s game as offensive play maker. Same could be argued about o-line as lots of org’s develop those guys out of later round prospects.

While every position has late round or undrafted gems, the majority of the elite QB’s and skill players are acquired in the first few rounds.

In the end, this game has become an offensive heavy game. Just like pro basketball. I’m going with elite offensive talent over defensive talent all day long.

Especially in MIA’s case where they already have a very good defense but are lacking on the offensive side of the ball.

If we’re talking solely between Parsons and Sewell, IMO a much better case for Sewell at 6 can be made than for Parsons.

Unless it’s an elite pass rushing or coverage prospect, I don’t see any justification for a defensive player at 6 — especially in MIA’s case.

Circling back to lack of depth at LB making Parsons more valuable, I think some of these org’s are making a mistake taking 3-5 QB’s near the top of the draft.

They are following the same reasoning. In doing so they are very likely passing up better football players.

Last edited:
Spin it how you like....but opting out is just that...opting out. It tells a lot, not all, but a lot about a player. Flo tends to NOT like those types of players. Especially not investing a high pick on.
Why do you say Flores doesn't like those playsers. I can't think of an example we can point to where he did or didn't like a player because they opted out in the past?

With this report, he could be pick 6. No way he gets to 18. Makes sense to me.

i've said many times. if parsons is falling towards the patriots, i would like to make a reasonable move to jump up ahead of them and take him.

ideally they trade up and draft a sh!tty QB instead (and give up way too much in the process).
San Diego and Minnesota are teams that might be trade partners for 18.

The Bucs drafted Devin White 5th overall in 2019. The Steelers traded up to take Devin Bush Jr. 10th overall in 2019. IMO Parsons could be better than either of them. I really don’t expect him to be available at 18 unless the red flags around the bullying stuff at Penn State are way more major than we know.

With this report, he could be pick 6. No way he gets to 18. Makes sense to me.
If they really were targeting Parsons with that first pick, they would have stayed at 12, IMO. He’s projected to go in the 10-15 range.

The move up to 6 suggests they’re targeting one of the top four offensive playmakers, which will likely all be gone by the 10th pick.

Back
Top Bottom