Reshad Jones | Page 2 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums
He had the perpetuance to bite on the play fake, and as aforementioned out of position entirely too much. To be fair though this was his 3rd game starting, first of the season, and that Pats hurry up O was relentless.

Actually the most noticeable thing about Reshad Jones last night watching it back was his poor run support - way too slow to diagnose the play. Pass coverage at free safety against Brady with zero pass rush is mission impossible so I'm prepared to give him a chance but he needs to improve vs the run, and fast

Really? I didn't really analyze him in regards to run support, I just know he was in on alot of tackles.

are we talking about the jones who led the team in tackles [aka plays] or some other reshad jones i dont know about?

he made plays all over the field [a field BOTH teams were slipping and sliding on all night] and his speed was impressive.

he made a td saving play in the endzone while some otheres stood stood around watching.

first its been "will allen would have saved us" to this. its gonna be a long week on the board!

it seems some folks are forgetting [or just dont know] what safety's job is. they are a SAFETY net, there the last line of defense when the cb's and lb's dont get it done [unless they are involved in a play designed for them]. and thats whet happened ALL NIGHT LONG, the cb's were absolute crap, from vontae and smith to sap. bell and EXPECIALLY reshad jones did there job.

leave reshad alone. everyone is head hunting this morning and risk throwing the baby out with the bath water. hopefully the staff will see the same effort and let the tape tell the story. leave reshad in and let him grow. get a pass rush and keep looking for big time corners and rashad will be a star. knowing this bunch though, it will probably be with another team.

are we talking about the jones who led the team in tackles [aka plays] or some other reshad jones i dont know about?

he made plays all over the field [a field BOTH teams were slipping and sliding on all night] and his speed was impressive.

he made a td saving play in the endzone while some otheres stood stood around watching.

first its been "will allen would have saved us" to this. its gonna be a long week on the board!

it seems some folks are forgetting [or just dont know] what safety's job is. they are a SAFETY net, there the last line of defense when the cb's and lb's dont get it done [unless they are involved in a play designed for them]. and thats whet happened ALL NIGHT LONG, the cb's were absolute crap, from vontae and smith to sap. bell and EXPECIALLY reshad jones did there job.

leave reshad alone. everyone is head hunting this morning and risk throwing the baby out with the bath water. hopefully the staff will see the same effort and let the tape tell the story. leave reshad in and let him grow. get a pass rush and keep looking for big time corners and rashad will be a star. knowing this bunch though, it will probably be with another team.

U lost me when you quoted the "tackle" stat as a relevant reason for him having a good game.

NRA, what happened on the 99 yard play? Did Reshad Jones do his job?

I just remember watching the game when the Pats were driving and guys in the secondary looking at one another not knowing what they were supposed to be doing. That's all on Jones.....

TF99: you have got to be FRIGGIN' KIDDING ME!!! all those lb break downs, missed tackles and cb's not even getting a glove on there guy was jones fault? the glorified rookie in his first start was NOT in charge of the secondary, those calls were on the veteran safety, YEREMIAH BELL!! [and it wasnt his fault either]

both safetys spent the night cleaning up the broken plays from the lb's and cb's. rashad made more plays than ANY other db and was all over the field. he is the LAST of my worries and should be ata the very last of the defensive nightmare blame.

the insane, knee jerk posts are THICK on this board today, some real doozy's, but so far, this is TOPS.

yep! if we would have had will allen, started clemmons and brought back lousaka, the pats would have been TOAST!!!

FU.......!!!!!!

I thought it was a bad move to start Jones against the Pats. Clemons is much more reliable out there and less likely to make a big mistake.

Jones looked dreadful and was consistently out of place. Having said that, if he catches that ball in the end zone he's got a 99 yard pick 6 and suddenly we have a ball game.

I agree, the entire defense for the most part didn't play well . . . but on some of those passes it seems Jones was just plain out of position. We need better from our starting FS. He can't make up ground like Clemmons, so you combine that with being out of place, that is a recipe for disaster.

I also think Vontae Davis got schooled out there. Sean Smith poor tackling techniques reared its ugly head. No pressure from our defense line., LBer's out of position, and missing tackles.

There were so many miscues, it's hard to focus simply on Jones.

We should be talking about Mike Nolan.

watch the game again, and see him miss his assignment again, and again, and again. he was horrible

The difference is that Jones is aggressive and Clemens plays more conservatively. Jones looked bad but it was really his first game with that much time on the field. Obviously he is not as ready as Clemens but dont act as if Clemens is a top flight FS either. This is a position that needs to be upgraded.

The difference is that Jones is aggressive and Clemens plays more conservatively. Jones looked bad but it was really his first game with that much time on the field. Obviously he is not as ready as Clemens but dont act as if Clemens is a top flight FS either. This is a position that needs to be upgraded.

In this D, the FS is supposed to be conservative. Clemons isn't great, but he is serviceable, and he would have saved a few big plays last night.

In this D, the FS is supposed to be conservative. Clemons isn't great, but he is serviceable, and he would have saved a few big plays last night.

That 99 yard play doesn't happen if Clemmons is in the game. I am confident in that. I think Gibril Wilson would have stopped that.

That 99 yard play doesn't happen if Clemmons is in the game. I am confident in that. I think Gibril Wilson would have stopped that.

that one, and that first long pass as well. Clemons saves us 7 points at minimum.

huh...my real time look i kept sayin to myself thank god reshad came to play tonight...he was in on a ton of tackles and kept guys who were running free in our secondary from going for even bigger gains...i saw one play for sure where he got sucked in underneath and wasn't back to give vontae deep inside help as vontae was running on an outside technique expecting help and the wr caught the ball deep but thats all i could say for sure was on him...i'm sure he missed some other assignments also though given how free the pats pass receivers were running in our secondary all night...te's etc

I didnt think Rashad played all that bad. He was in on a ton of plays. The other 3-4 db's however crapped the bed. Sapp needs to get his head on straight. WTF was with him thinking he could just slam his body into Hernandez, and he'd fall down, yeah good luck with that. Hernandez just shrugged it off and continued on for a first down. Gonna be a long season on defense if the corners dont get their **** together.

Every one of our DB's played bad, including Vontae and Sean Smith. But whoever is defending Reshad Jones needs to rewatch their first big pass play and that 99 yard TD. Those kind of plays by Reshad Jones are unacceptable and very Gibril Wilson like. I don't care if he had 12 tackles because most of them were 30 yards down the field for letting a guy get over the top of him.

Get Clemons back in there, he's not flashy but he saves us 2 big plays in that game easy and maybe more if communication was as big a problem as it seemed.

Back
Top Bottom