Revisiting The 2012 Draft(osweiler) | Page 2 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Revisiting The 2012 Draft(osweiler)

Of course not...but are you at least intrigued to see if he’s grown a bit?... or it’s just an illusion?

Do you believe a player can’t develop?

He’s only 28...and the reason he was a 2nd rounder is he was raw.

I've been watching him since ASU. He's been in the league 7 years, he is what he is at this point, a decent backup at best. That's not a bad gig.

I just wonder if he is a system type quarterback that fits Adam Gase’s system better than Ryan?
I think that this is a real possibility. Too much was made of Osweiler's lack of success at the Houston Texans. However, we know that Bill O'Brien is an extremely difficult coach to play for (with an extremely complicated system) and O'Brien was in a power play with his GM at the time, Rick Smith. The rapid departure of Osweiler enabled O'Brien to also oust Smith as GM and to get the guy he wanted (Gaine) in the GM role. Up until Osweiler landed in Houston, he had played well in limited opportunities in Denver, behind Peyton Manning.
Also significant to hear Big Brock say the other day that he had a couple of other visits lined up when he was on the market as a free agent but when Gase called, he instructed his agent to cancel the other visits because he wanted to try to get the opportunity to play for Gase again. He definitely understands Gase's system and came in last Sunday with confidence.

I think that this is a real possibility. Too much was made of Osweiler's lack of success at the Houston Texans. However, we know that Bill O'Brien is an extremely difficult coach to play for (with an extremely complicated system) and O'Brien was in a power play with his GM at the time, Rick Smith. The rapid departure of Osweiler enabled O'Brien to also oust Smith as GM and to get the guy he wanted (Gaine) in the GM role. Up until Osweiler landed in Houston, he had played well in limited opportunities in Denver, behind Peyton Manning.
Also significant to hear Big Brock say the other day that he had a couple of other visits lined up when he was on the market as a free agent but when Gase called, he instructed his agent to cancel the other visits because he wanted to try to get the opportunity to play for Gase again. He definitely understands Gase's system and came in last Sunday with confidence.

I forgot about that whole power play thing. Didn’t they sign Osweiler without even talking to him face to face?

I’m excited to see him get another start this Sunday.

Or what happens as teams get film of him in this offense. Nothing wrong with being optimistic, but might want to temper it a bit.

I definitely give him credit for the 2 point conversion and the throw to Drake that led to the game winning FG.......but I saw waaaayyyyy to much of what I have seen from him since he has been in the league to feel comfortable. We had a lot of things go our way in that win!

I don't know if it's because of this height and/or the way he delivers it but the ball seems to "float" when he throws it. Which gives it this "lob" type of look every time.
It's because he has a weak arm.

I honestly wonder what people would be thinking if Albert didn't bust those long TDs which is not going to happen every week.

I get the short stuff but man you need those chunk plays too.
Because as you've mentioned they aren't breaking tackles for 75-yards TDs every week.

Can B.O. hit those chunk plays?
Can he hit Kenny Stills streaking down the seams?
Can he hit Parker(whom btw on the INT had about 2 steps on the defender) on those go routes?

I guarantee you that's what D coordinators are asking and game planning to find out.
They're going to take away the short stuff and dare B.O. and Gase to beat them over the top.

I've been watching him since ASU. He's been in the league 7 years, he is what he is at this point, a decent backup at best. That's not a bad gig.

Maybe... but once in a while a guy blossoms in their 7th year or later....Jim Plunkett to name one.

Your probably right... but what if?

You know...at the least...he deserves another shot!

At least he can lob it... I wish Tannehill could often

Man! Oh Man! I wish we could keep a list of names.

More likely than not, some folks are going to be crying something fierce when their new savior falls flat on his face.

Maybe... but once in a while a guy blossoms in their 7th year or later....Jim Plunkett to name one.

Your probably right... but what if?

Dug deep for that one, landing a Heisman Trophy winner, Walter Camp award winner, Maxwell award winner, etc. from almost 50 years ago. Osweiler was a mediocre college QB boosted by a passer-friendly college offense. Night and day starting points.

What if I decide to try out, make the team, and end up in the Hall of Fame? Because Kurt Warner.

Slightly more likely, we’ll be drafting a QB in the 1st round of the 2020 draft (looking like the better class).

Man! Oh Man! I wish we could keep a list of names.

More likely than not, some folks are going to be crying something fierce when their new savior falls flat on his face.

I don't think you understand. Not many if anybody thinks Brock is the answer, what is completely clear to me now that Brock played with the exact same players is that Tannehill is definitely not the answer.

Back
Top Bottom