Ricky getting 2000 yards | Page 2 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Ricky getting 2000 yards

Originally posted by Tatonka

i have been trying to say that.. that all the defenses are gonna be tougher.. ricky got over 800 yards against the AFC east alone last year.. that is NOT going to happen this year.

but what do i know

:rolleyes:

Tonka, I know that most of the AFCE upgraded this year, but the new guys will be in their first year in these D's..Our O will be in their 2nd..Ricky has improved in yardage each year in the league..I know the D in his old division stacked up to stop him too..I think the 2nd year of our O..may give him a chance to do it, even though most of the D's have upgraded players, but that doesn't necessarily means they'll be better and jelling yet. So there's an outside chance he could do better than last year..This is maybe optomissic on my part..but I do see a chance.

Originally posted by The Beach Bum
tatonka, why dont you just put yourself out of your misery, and leave... then you wont have to hear the repetitive posts....

thanks..

thats real cool.

:confused:

i come here because i like talking with alot of the educated and good fans here on this site..

i have just as much right to be here as you.. and the other fin fans that complain about the same damn thing that i am.. get over yourself.. :yell:

Originally posted by MDFINFAN

Tonka, I know that most of the AFCE upgraded this year, but the new guys will be in their first year in these D's..Our O will be in their 2nd..Ricky has improved in yardage each year in the league..I know the D in his old division stacked up to stop him too..I think the 2nd year of our O..may give him a chance to do it, even though most of the D's have upgraded players, but that doesn't necessarily means they'll be better and jelling yet. So there's an outside chance he could do better than last year..This is maybe optomissic on my part..but I do see a chance.

i am not trying to imply that he doesnt have a "chance"..

SURE hes got a chance..

but there is a reason that there are only a handful of RBs that have 2k in yardage.. and i can list pages of GREAT running backs that never sniffed 2k.

it is just like the undefeated thing... sure it is possible, but alot has to go right.. and it is highly unlikely..

optimism is great.. but it seems that it is almost becoming expected of him to get 2k if you read these boards long enough.. that is alot of pressure... i just dont see it happening unless the moons align.

Ricky williams will have a 2000 yard season before he retires.

Originally posted by Flipper34
Ricky williams will have a 2000 yard season before he retires.

ok.. now we are thinking way too far ahead..

look.. emmit smith is arguably the best RB ever.. and he never touched 2k

walter payton.. no 2k..

the list goes on...

this could be ricky's last season for all we know.. lets just wait and see what happens this season.

could it happen? yes
is it likely.. not even close.

ok.. now we are thinking way too far ahead..

look.. emmit smith is arguably the best RB ever.. and he never touched 2k

walter payton.. no 2k..

the list goes on...

this could be ricky's last season for all we know.. lets just wait and see what happens this season.

could it happen? yes
is it likely.. not even close.

Emmit Smith to me is no way the best running back ever. To me he would not even be in the top five. Barry Sanders is first. Had he not retired I think that he would have abourt 22000 yards by now. Next would be Walter Payton. He got the name Sweetness for a reason. Next would be Jim Brown. Had he not retired so fast he would have a bunch more yards also. Gale Saylers would be number four IMO. My number five is reserved for Ricky Williams. He does'nt deserve it yet but he will and maybe he will become number one one day.

And remember this. The Lions sucked the whole time Barry played for them. The Bears only had a few good years when Payton played. Emmit always played behind a big *** line and was on champship teams. He is great don't get me wrong but not the greatest ever

Originally posted by justafan
I doubt RW will be as successful in the AFCE alone. Bills and Pats have upgraded their D's to make sure of that. He'll still be a force but not as successful as last year. Just my opinion.

Now that I can appreciate... personally, I doubt he busts 2K...

I doubt he even repeats 1800... I'm predicting 1500 yards, hopefully we balance the O a bit more and things go back to clicking like they were in the first 6 games of last season.

Originally posted by WeVie

Emmit Smith to me is no way the best running back ever. To me he would not even be in the top five. Barry Sanders is first. Had he not retired I think that he would have abourt 22000 yards by now. Next would be Walter Payton. He got the name Sweetness for a reason. Next would be Jim Brown. Had he not retired so fast he would have a bunch more yards also. Gale Saylers would be number four IMO. My number five is reserved for Ricky Williams. He does'nt deserve it yet but he will and maybe he will become number one one day.

And remember this. The Lions sucked the whole time Barry played for them. The Bears only had a few good years when Payton played. Emmit always played behind a big *** line and was on champship teams. He is great don't get me wrong but not the greatest ever

well, i dont think emmitt was the best ever either, but it is a HIGHLY debatable subject.. he is without question the NFLs ALL TIME LEADING RUSHER though.. and that is huge... and he is still going..

the point was.. alot of great backs never sniffed 2k.

Tatonka.. Ricky rushed for 1853 last year.. Did everything go right last year?? Did the moons align?? Jamie Nails (Miami's best run blocker) went out for the year, Fiedler along with the passing game was gone for 6 weeks.. Everything going right wasn't even close last year.. Ricky does have a good shot at making 2K yards rushing next year..

HURRAH:drinker:

Originally posted by RUDEbyallMEANS
Tatonka.. Ricky rushed for 1853 last year.. Did everything go right last year?? Did the moons align?? Jamie Nails (Miami's best run blocker) went out for the year, Fiedler along with the passing game was gone for 6 weeks.. Everything going right wasn't even close last year.. Ricky does have a good shot at making 2K yards rushing next year..

HURRAH:drinker:

rude..

no.. everything did not go right last year... but as i have pointed out several times.. he got 850 yards against the afc east.. he wont be putting up 200 yard games against any of those teams this year..

be happy if he gets you 100 a game and 1600 for the year.

RW getting 2,000 yards is far less of a pipe dream than the Dolphins going undefeated in '03. There are a few other RBs in the league that have at least a slim shot at making it including Travis Henry. No, I don't expect him to either. It would be a great accomplishment, but like climbing Mount Everest it doesn't have quite the same luster as it had the first time it happened.

rude..

no.. everything did not go right last year... but as i have pointed out several times.. he got 850 yards against the afc east.. he wont be putting up 200 yard games against any of those teams this year..

be happy if he gets you 100 a game and 1600 for the year.

Bleh and what if he does get 200 yards? I could see the Jets being prime targets for a 200 yard day. New England was pretty shabby at run stopping this year so their solution is to go to the 3-4? Yah that's a run stopping defense :lol:

Heck New England isn't even sure who the nose tackle will be in that D. Crap happens. I doubt he will get that many yards this year as they want to focus on Konrad, McMicheal more and I have a feeling Thompson will provide some life to the WR corps.

i am not trying to imply that he doesnt have a "chance"..

SURE hes got a chance..

but there is a reason that there are only a handful of RBs that have 2k in yardage.. and i can list pages of GREAT running backs that never sniffed 2k.

it is just like the undefeated thing... sure it is possible, but alot has to go right.. and it is highly unlikely..

optimism is great.. but it seems that it is almost becoming expected of him to get 2k if you read these boards long enough.. that is alot of pressure... i just dont see it happening unless the moons align.

Here, I'm not saying he will make that many, but I am saying that it's possible and I was sighting the fact that all these new players on other teams will have to jell fast and play as a unit to stop him..not saying they won't, but this could be a factor in Ricky's favor..Most of his ability to gain this much yardage, still will depend on our passing game, which has to get better to gain respect or we'll see a lot of 8 man fronts..Right now imo, is the only thing plus injuries that can slow him down..If our passing attack is good..it open all kinds of possiblities for him..ie...Henry with Drew's air show last year...I think this open doors for him.

Back
Top Bottom