Ricky getting 2000 yards | Page 5 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Ricky getting 2000 yards

I like that you guys are a bunch of homers. It gives me something to laugh at everytime I come here.

Originally posted by Jason in LA
I like that you guys are a bunch of homers. It gives me something to laugh at everytime I come here.
then how bout you shut the hell up and leave the site. don't come here to insult dolphin fans. Do we do that at your site?

I meant what I said about 2,000 yard rushers, Rude. It is a great accomplishment, but it is not impossible. When OJ Simpson did it the first time it was preposterous to even dream about it. The fact that it was done with a 14 game season (I think) made it all the more mythic. It has been done since, however infrequently, and each time it is done it seems just a little less superhuman. I don't ever envision it becoming as commonplace as 1,000 yard rushers.

If Ricky Williams does it (or any other RB in 2003) he deserves all kinds of kudos, but it is still in a different class than Miami's undefeated season because that is still unique. Until or unless it happens again there remains some doubt that it can happen again. There is no doubt that however rare, another 2,000 yard season will happen again.

A couple points I am surprised nobody brought up yet. For the first 10 games last year Ricky did not play on 3rd or in the 2 minute drills. It wasn't till the last 6 games did he start playing every down and that is when the 200 yard games came. Now Wanny is saying Ricky will not be coming out of the game unless he is tired. And on top of that Ricky is said to be faster and stronger this year. Those last 6 games he ran for 940 yards.. now I know it is not accurate but if you span the average of those 6 games over a season that would be about 2500 yards. Now I am not saying that he will get that.. but considering all these things it is very possible for him to break 2000.

Originally posted by Flipper34
then how bout you shut the hell up and leave the site. don't come here to insult dolphin fans. Do we do that at your site?

Flipper don't ask them to leave, you should be able to deal with anybody on this site..plus they make the site fun//chill..don't let no one get to you like that.

It's just some fun smack. Don't let it get under your skin like Muck did (I bet we'll be seeing that line in one of his posts).

Originally posted by MOULDSROCKS
Hell, TH could get 2000 yards......

but it will be hard as hell for anyone to do it. Even the REAL rushing leader Priest Holmes.

Curious. Why do you say REAL rushing leader? Didn't he only have like 14 yards more then Ricky when he got hurt?

Originally posted by Tatonka
www.billszone.com

click on forum.

http://www.billszone.com/fanzone/forumdisplay.php?s=&daysprune=&forumid=2&x=4&y=9

or just go there..

it is kind of dull, just like here now.. but i would love for some more edumacated fishie fans to come over.

/whispers to MD..
"dont bring gonk, marcusreal, or echobravo"
/pats MD on the back

No, it's just dull.
That's why you and your other Bill friends are here all the time ;).

Nothing to talk about when you lose all the time :lol:

Originally posted by Tatonka

rude..

no.. everything did not go right last year... but as i have pointed out several times.. he got 850 yards against the afc east.. he wont be putting up 200 yard games against any of those teams this year..

be happy if he gets you 100 a game and 1600 for the year.

I must say :rofl: to this one.

Ricky is much more of a powerhouse than Priest. Priest has a long season ahead of him in which he won't accomplish much. The last two years were a dream for him. Ricky will be around for a looooooong time.

FWIW -- is it likely ?? Hell no.

Is it possible, or plausible ? Hell yes. Things went poorly for RW for much of last year, and he was a paltry sum away.

Leave him in the Detriot stinker, add him to all of the third down and two minute situations, and have a competant NFL back-up instead of Lucas and I'd guess that he could've averaged 10 yards a game more ????

Let me say that again ...
Just 10 more yards a game.

Let's look at the bottom run d's in the league on th eschedule this year ...

With Houston - New England (x 2) - Washington - Buffalo (x2) (even a huge improvement puts you in the middle of the pack from 2nd to last in the AFC (behind only New England) - Jax - Jets (x2) and Dallas -- you have 10 of his 16 games --

How many of last year's top 10 Run D's ?? Only Tenn. and Philly.

Sorry --- seems like a plausible discussion to me.

I'm not saying he will, but to say that only a homer could post something like that is wearing blinders (or being a Donkey fan.).

You can't find a board on the net that isn't excited and seeing improvement --- and seeing a 10 ypg improvement from Ricky Williams is not Earth-shatteringly homerific. BengalsFan thinks they're Bowl bound.

DonkeyFan how many posts reflect the fact that Shanahan is going to make Plummer an accurate QB and that he just needed talent around him (*cough Boston*cough*Sanders*lame excuse*) and that he'll stop the INT streaks ??

Which fan base is homerific --- the ones that think RW could get 10 more Ypg than last year, or the ones that think Plummer can break a trend he's had siunce high school, and that the tough weather conditions won't be hard for him with his lack of velocity, and upturned spiral ??

Originally posted by Coach_Largent
FWIW -- is it likely ?? Hell no.

Is it possible, or plausible ? Hell yes. Things went poorly for RW for much of last year, and he was a paltry sum away.

Leave him in the Detriot stinker, add him to all of the third down and two minute situations, and have a competant NFL back-up instead of Lucas and I'd guess that he could've averaged 10 yards a game more ????

Let me say that again ...
Just 10 more yards a game.

Let's look at the bottom run d's in the league on th eschedule this year ...

With Houston - New England (x 2) - Washington - Buffalo (x2) (even a huge improvement puts you in the middle of the pack from 2nd to last in the AFC (behind only New England) - Jax - Jets (x2) and Dallas -- you have 10 of his 16 games --

How many of last year's top 10 Run D's ?? Only Tenn. and Philly.

Sorry --- seems like a plausible discussion to me.

I'm not saying he will, but to say that only a homer could post something like that is wearing blinders (or being a Donkey fan.).

You can't find a board on the net that isn't excited and seeing improvement --- and seeing a 10 ypg improvement from Ricky Williams is not Earth-shatteringly homerific. BengalsFan thinks they're Bowl bound.

DonkeyFan how many posts reflect the fact that Shanahan is going to make Plummer an accurate QB and that he just needed talent around him (*cough Boston*cough*Sanders*lame excuse*) and that he'll stop the INT streaks ??

Which fan base is homerific --- the ones that think RW could get 10 more Ypg than last year, or the ones that think Plummer can break a trend he's had siunce high school, and that the tough weather conditions won't be hard for him with his lack of velocity, and upturned spiral ??

This was my point to Tatonka, I couldn't get in the 16-0 thread, too many variables, but this I also think is plausible. Thanks for the extra anaylsis on the upcoming teams this year.

Back
Top Bottom