Ricky In Route To Miami | Page 8 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Ricky In Route To Miami

zachseau13 said:
Firts time that I ever agree with Fin-atic, but he is right.

Many of you are acting like schoolgirls who got stood up at the prom. Get over it. This is football. If he can help us win, then he should play. Period
I don't believe he can help us win. Also the few people that actually stand by what they say on here catching flack from the likes of you?!?!?! That's rich.

Megatron said:
I don't believe he can help us win. Also the few people that actually stand by what they say on here catching flack from the likes of you?!?!?! That's rich.

May I ask how you don't think he can help us win?

Trackstar said:
May I ask how you don't think he can help us win?
He's out of shape, he's still a nutjob, he's got lousy hands, and no heart. Not your typical player you can rely on here. The sad thing is people have to tell you guys this.

Megatron said:

Just exactly what do you mean by "the likes of you"?

I'm still in a wait in see mode. And no, I don't want him back, I want to start anew!

I want to see if he really makes it here, or somehow he ends up in Mexico camping!

And if he does make it here, I want to see what kind of shape he is in.

Then I want to see what happens when Roth rings his bell in camp!

And then I will want to see if he wants to be the 2002 Ricky that ran over defenders, or the 2003 Ricky that ran out of bounds.

Megatron said:
He's out of shape, he's still a nutjob, he's got lousy hands, and no heart. Not your typical player you can rely on here. The sad thing is people have to tell you guys this.

The sad thing is you can't ask a legit question on theses boards without someone getting rude. I asked a simple question, I wanted to hear someone else's opinion. Nobody has to tell me anything. I know the guy has been out of football for a year, I know he ditched us. But I also think he has a tremendous amount of talent. I also think Saban will make him produce or he will be gone. So if Ricky makes the team, you can bet Saban believes he can be productive.

Trackstar said:
[/B]

The sad thing is you can't ask a legit question on theses boards without someone getting rude. I asked a simple question, I wanted to hear someone else's opinion. Nobody has to tell me anything. I know the guy has been out of football for a year, I know he ditched us. But I also think he has a tremendous amount of talent. I also think Saban will make him produce or he will be gone. So if Ricky makes the team, you can bet Saban believes he can be productive.
That wasn't rude that was the facts straight up. It is sad that people have to constantly mention why they don't want Ricky on the team. What's worse is the people that are asking genuinely can't fathom there are any negatives to his return. So everything is going to work out perfect with Ricky right?? Wrong! The guy is a screw up plain and simple, we'll be lucky to get 200 yards out of him let alone 2000?!?!?! And no we don't have to support his return. Last I checked it was a free country. No offense to you Trackstar just saying my peace.

I know there are negatives to his return. I never once said that I expect him to run for 2,000 yards or anything along those lines. I never said his return will be perfect. I just said Imo I sill think he can help us win. You made very good points. I just didn't think it was nessscary for you to say it's sad that we have to be told this. I know the risks of Rick's return.

Trackstar said:
I know there are negatives to his return. I never once said that I expect him to run for 2,000 yards or anything along those lines. I never said his return will be perfect. I just said Imo I sill think he can help us win. You made very good points. I just didn't think it was nessscary for you to say it's sad that we have to be told this. I know the risks of Rick's return.
It is necessary for me to say how sad it is. As a fan who has watched this team for a long time my views have changed about the Dolphins and the NFL in general over the years. Maybe when I was 19 I could be a little less jaded about this and just accept him back. But as time has gone on I realise that integrity is something you should expect from yourself and from those you support. Ricky is not one of those people. He's toxic to the team and really has very little to offer that our other RB's can't do. We saw his production slip bigtime when no one was opening holes for him. We've seen the fumbles at crucial times. We've heard the constant lies about wanting to be on the team and represent the team. We know he cycles through depressed times because of his illness, and uses pot to escape ( the fans, media, players, coaches, baby moms ). He's out of shape, and I know he may put on the muscle mass, but it won't be the same as he was after 5 years of NFL training. Also he has taken time to take part in way less violent, mind opening endeavours. Do you think he has the same drive to win when he knows in his heart it's all an illusion that we live in before attaining Nirvana???

The fact of the matter is him coming back is less important than us signing Keith Traylor, or Kevin Carter, or Gus Ferrote. It's Saban just wanting to see if there is anything left of the talented runner we last saw in 2002. If there is I'm sure Saban's intention is to squeak one more productive year out of him as we go through this transistion phase, nothing more. Now we'll soon see if there is anything left in the tank for Ricky the football player.

Al13 said:
must be really bad that he has to drive and can´t afford a plane ticket
Considering the price of gas, driving is probably costing more or the same amount. I dont think thats it.

Megatron said:
It is necessary for me to say how sad it is. As a fan who has watched this team for a long time my views have changed about the Dolphins and the NFL in general over the years. Maybe when I was 19 I could be a little less jaded about this and just accept him back. But as time has gone on I realise that integrity is something you should expect from yourself and from those you support. Ricky is not one of those people. He's toxic to the team and really has very little to offer that our other RB's can't do. We saw his production slip bigtime when no one was opening holes for him. We've seen the fumbles at crucial times. We've heard the constant lies about wanting to be on the team and represent the team. We know he cycles through depressed times because of his illness, and uses pot to escape ( the fans, media, players, coaches, baby moms ). He's out of shape, and I know he may put on the muscle mass, but it won't be the same as he was after 5 years of NFL training. Also he has taken time to take part in way less violent, mind opening endeavours. Do you think he has the same drive to win when he knows in his heart it's all an illusion that we live in before attaining Nirvana???

The fact of the matter is him coming back is less important than us signing Keith Traylor, or Kevin Carter, or Gus Ferrote. It's Saban just wanting to see if there is anything left of the talented runner we last saw in 2002. If there is I'm sure Saban's intention is to squeak one more productive year out of him as we go through this transistion phase, nothing more. Now we'll soon see if there is anything left in the tank for Ricky the football player.

Very nice post. My only beef with your previous post is that you talked as if you were the only one who knew theses things(That it's sad we have to be reminded). Some people think Ricky hasn't lost a step, They're wrong. My only point is I still think he has something to offer being his youth. Just because I am 19 doesn't mean I don't anything about loyalty and integrity. Like I have said many times, just because it is football doesn't excuse what he did. It's just like any business organization, you don't leave your co-workers out to dry as Ricky did. You have a responsibility to that organization. I told myself a billion times that I could never accept him back. Well, he's coming back and there is nothing any of us can do about it, so I am just gonna go with the flow and see how it works out.

Trackstar said:
Well, he's coming back and there is nothing any of us can do about it, so I am just gonna go with the flow and see how it works out.
I'm going to stick by what I believe.

Back
Top Bottom