Rodgers, anyone? | Page 3 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Rodgers, anyone?

We all like Tua.

But look at our team’s makeup now. –

Top five defense. With the addition of Phillips and Holland, we can only get better.

Upper tier offense. Waddle, Fuller, Parker, Mike G….we are scary. OL can only improve with rookies into their second year and adding Eich.

Special team. We are solid. Sanders are money 50 yards out.

We are a ready to win team…..except, except what. You all know it. The biggest question mark of the team is the QB position. Talking heads around the sports world talking about we are a good fit for Rogers as we are a ready to win team and we have enough draft capital to get it done.

Take a deep breath and take your emotional attachment out of the equation for just one second. With the makeup of the team now, if we insert Rogers, you cannot tell me we are not an instant SB contention team. I say get him!!

I feel we should go with Tua.

He may not be as good as Rogers this year, but I'm sure he will be as good or better in two years or he'll be gone. If he is worse then Rogers this year, as good as Rogers next year and better then Rogers the year after that, we have a break even selection either way for the next three years, so the real question is this.

Which is more likely: Tua will get better over the next three years or Rodgers will get worse the next three years? Keep in mind that Rogers already has one foot out of the NFL and into television. Not the kind of thing I want to see from my QB.

I believe he listed SF, Las Vegas and Denver as the three teams he'd approve a trade to.

Maybe he would be open to other teams, but I kind if doubt it.

Denver with Rodgers would be interesting. The Broncos have a nice defense.

I guess every time a QB says he’s not happy with his team, we obviously have to have a thread asking if the Dolphins should trade for that QB. So my answer to trading for Rogers is the same as my answer for trading for Watson and Wilson is no way. The Dolphins have their QB and they don’t need to trade for any other QB in the league except Mahomes if the Chiefs are crazy enough to draft him.

Since that obviously isn’t happening, just put me in the NO category if the other 30 teams, besides the Chiefs want to trade their QB.

The op spent months trying to shove Watson down our throats now trying to shove another qb down the forum throats.

Anyone but Tua it seems.

Here’s the thing Rodgers is a badman. Let’s acknowledge that first off but he’s also 38yrs old and the package ESPN put together is ridiculous. Giving up 3 1st rd picks is too much and not ideal for the future. The

Attachments

• F3CB1B30-34BE-4490-ADD5-298634265315.jpeg
    F3CB1B30-34BE-4490-ADD5-298634265315.jpeg
    56.7 KB · Views: 21
Rodgers immediately makes us Super Bowl contenders. Can you imagine Rogers w waddle , Parker, fuller , gesicki etc... I would do it in a heartbeat.

I've waited too long to want a 2 yrQB and go hunting again

Here’s the thing Rodgers is a badman. Let’s acknowledge that first off but he’s also 38yrs old and the package ESPN put together is ridiculous. Giving up 3 1st rd picks is too much and not ideal for the future. The
38 is your concern? Go talk to the Bucs.
Three 1 is too much?
I gave 1 for next ten years for a ring.

No.

Reasons:
1. We have Tua and need to give him a proper chance with good pieces around him.
2. Rogers is at the end of his career and Tua is just starting his.
3. Rogers would be expensive and would hurt Tua's career and renting Rogers for a year or 2 would be the same old losing Dolphins mentality. We are changing the culture with Flo.

Nothing wrong with discussing it though, you should not be flamed for it, but this is the new young Dolphins team that I believe will take the NFL by storm with Tua at the helm.

I guess every time a QB says he’s not happy with his team, we obviously have to have a thread asking if the Dolphins should trade for that QB. So my answer to trading for Rogers is the same as my answer for trading for Watson and Wilson is no way. The Dolphins have their QB and they don’t need to trade for any other QB in the league except Mahomes if the Chiefs are crazy enough to draft him.

Since that obviously isn’t happening, just put me in the NO category if the other 30 teams, besides the Chiefs want to trade their QB.
We don't have a QB. We have a question mark.

No.

Reasons:
1. We have Tua and need to give him a proper chance with good pieces around him.
2. Rogers is at the end of his career and Tua is just starting his.
3. Rogers would be expensive and would hurt Tua's career and renting Rogers for a year or 2 would be the same old losing Dolphins mentality. We are changing the culture with Flo.

Nothing wrong with discussing it though, you should not be flamed for it, but this is the new young Dolphins team that I believe will take the NFL by storm with Tua at the helm.
Thanks for at least offering reasons.
The different between you and me is I can't wait. I want a ring now.
In long term who knows. The only long term I know is we all going to die. I am perfectly happy with mortage our future for a ring in next two years. Who knows whats going to happen five years from now.

I'd take him...IF...

a) He wanted to come here and forced the trade (which isn't/won't happen)
b) We kept Tua to study under him for a couple years
c) We give up no more than 2 1sts and 2 2nds

i.e. Not gonna happen, IMO.

We all like Tua.

But look at our team’s makeup now. –

Top five defense. With the addition of Phillips and Holland, we can only get better.

Upper tier offense. Waddle, Fuller, Parker, Mike G….we are scary. OL can only improve with rookies into their second year and adding Eich.

Special team. We are solid. Sanders are money 50 yards out.

We are a ready to win team…..except, except what. You all know it. The biggest question mark of the team is the QB position. Talking heads around the sports world talking about we are a good fit for Rogers as we are a ready to win team and we have enough draft capital to get it done.

Take a deep breath and take your emotional attachment out of the equation for just one second. With the makeup of the team now, if we insert Rogers, you cannot tell me we are not an instant SB contention team. I say get him!!
Rogers has led the Packers to one Super Bowl win 11 years ago and he has played on several teams over the years that were more talented than the Dolphins. The NFC over the time Rogers has been the starting QB of the Packers hadn’t been as talented as the AFC for the majority of those years. Yet other than the SB win in 2011, the Packers have not been in another SB during the entire time Rogers has been the Packers starting QB.

I just don’t see him at his age coming to Miami and leading them to the SB but I do believe that Tua will develop into a great NFL QB and he is the QB who will get the team back to the SB in the coming years.

A 30 year old Rogers I could see trading the draft resources it would take to trade for him. Trading all those draft resources for QB who will turn 38 during next season just doesn’t make sense to me. It’s not like Rogers has the championship pedigree of Tom Brady.

Back
Top Bottom