Rodgers, anyone? | Page 4 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Rodgers, anyone?

We don't have a QB. We have a question mark.
I just can’t believe you or anyone else is just going to give up on Tua after just 9 games. Obviously the coaches believe in Tua because the draft clearly showed they are building around him. If they weren’t happy with him, they could have stayed at 3 and had their choice of three QB’s. Even after moving down they pasted over Fields and Jones at 6.

I am willing to see how the “question mark” develops instead of giving up what it would take to trade for Rogers.

I don't think this team would trade for a guy who openly tried to get his GM fired.

Let's for a minute say they would.

What would the cost be in terms of assets? Apparently they're fine without taking a QB back but i'm sure we would have to throw in a roster player or two plus 1st round picks. There is also the issue of fitting his salary under the cap, how does that impact the team?

I mean in a perfect scenario where Aaron Rodgers joins the team for little compensation and doesn't affect our ability to keep the team we've assembled together then great. If not, it kind of goes against everything we've been building for 3 years.

Rodgers almost guarantee’s a super bowl appearance, I’d take that in a heart beat. As compared too...well you know.:)
How many super bowls has he been to?

Yea ok.

It would have to involve trading Tua, next years first and second, plus the two 2023 firsts, soooo you would have to think Rodgers plays at least 3 years, and Tua is a bust.

I would consider it but we need to make sure he is commmitted to fooball and not jeopardy. If he is then i offer the following.

I think Allan hurns gaskin and that extra 4th would be good offer. Or is that too much draft capital? I know we all enjoy those 4th round selections on the sat part of draft.

Can you imagine Flores telling a seasoned vet like Rodgers or Zach Thomas back in the day to run to the TNT wall? I wonder if that's partially why they keep the roster young and hungry.

Brady was an anomaly for how long he took it.

tua fan would rather go 4-12 with tua than 12-4 with rodgers.
I'm not a Tua fan, I'm a Dolphins fan. However, since Tua is our QB I support him and hope for the best.

For 20 years we went after the shiniest toy in the toy box and where did that get us? Between 6-10 and 10-6 just about every season. We've finally decided to approach things the right way and midway through we're gonna change philosophies? I'd rather not. Save that draft capital to acquire another young QB if Tua doesn't work out.

Back
Top Bottom