Rodgers, anyone? | Page 6 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Rodgers, anyone?

It took 2 first round picks to pull Stafford from the Lions. It’ll take more to get Rodgers. I wouldn’t trade for a 37 year old QB. It’ll be a record deal for 1st rounders traded for 1 guy

38 is your concern? Go talk to the Bucs.
Three 1 is too much?
I gave 1 for next ten years for a ring.
Brady is an anomaly what he's done at his age is unheard of. Only 2 QB's have won a SB aged 38+ Brady and Manning and Manning was clearly a shell of himself.
Brady didn't just bring his talents to the Bay he brought culture not to mention Gronk and Brown to an already loaded receiving corps.

Do you think we are a QB away from the SB? Also the Bucs for Brady in FA not via trade and didn’t get any assets.
To answer your question, yes.
After the draft, we are a QB away from serious SB contention next year, if not this year.

We missed the playoff by one game. With rookie maturing, and the new pups from this draft, we should make the playoff. So, yes, adding a HOF QB put us in serious SB contention.

Of course we would take Rogers if he were free... but he isn't. Even at a discount, he's going to cost multiple #1s and 40M/year, and he isn't exactly known as a coach friendly player.

We barely have money for our draft picks but lets bring in AR who makes about 38mill a year.....lol
KC pay their QB a trillion dollar, and still has a good roaster, how they do it? May be we should learn from them.

KC pay their QB a trillion dollar, and still has a good roaster, how they do it? May be we should learn from them.
maybe but now's not the time to do it. We don't have the money for Rodgers. Either way, this team is behind Tua and I don't see that changing. On top of it, Rodgers mentioned 3 teams he'd go to and Miami wasn't one of them.

Well... they were forced to cut several players in the offseason... and Mahomes's salary doesn't start to get really ugly until next year and the year after. His cap hit for this year is minimal (7.5M) because he's on a small salary but collected his new contract signing bonus... in following years, it will be 35M, 46M, 44M...
The Chiefs are literally on the clock... NOW.

We all like Tua.

But look at our team’s makeup now. –

Top five defense. With the addition of Phillips and Holland, we can only get better.

Upper tier offense. Waddle, Fuller, Parker, Mike G….we are scary. OL can only improve with rookies into their second year and adding Eich.

Special team. We are solid. Sanders are money 50 yards out.

We are a ready to win team…..except, except what. You all know it. The biggest question mark of the team is the QB position. Talking heads around the sports world talking about we are a good fit for Rogers as we are a ready to win team and we have enough draft capital to get it done.

Take a deep breath and take your emotional attachment out of the equation for just one second. With the makeup of the team now, if we insert Rogers, you cannot tell me we are not an instant SB contention team. I say get him!!
I wanted Rogers in 2005 with number 2 overall....but Saban took Ronnie Brown...Tua Is on a rookie deal....make it happen!

This is what Barnwell suggested
Packers get: 2022 first-round pick (via 49ers), 2023 first-round pick (better of Dolphins and 49ers), 2023 fifth-round pick (from Dolphins); 2022 first-round pick (from Steelers)

Steelers get: QB Tua Tagovailoa (from Dolphins)

Dolphins get: Rodgers, 2023 fourth-round pick (from Packers)

Not terrible but I'm still rolling with Tua. Rodgers is a legend, but no guarantee we get past KC. He's certainly up there in years. Had an amazing year last year but 3 years prior were nothing great. Salary wouldn't be a huge deal. Its 14.7 base. Everything else would get paid by Pack for this year.

Well... they were forced to cut several players in the offseason... and Mahomes's salary doesn't start to get really ugly until next year and the year after. His cap hit for this year is minimal (7.5M) because he's on a small salary but collected his new contract signing bonus... in following years, it will be 35M, 46M, 44M...
The Chiefs are literally on the clock... NOW.
Thanks for the info.

maybe but now's not the time to do it. We don't have the money for Rodgers. Either way, this team is behind Tua and I don't see that changing. On top of it, Rodgers mentioned 3 teams he'd go to and Miami wasn't one of them.
If we can’t afford Rodgers....then we couldn’t get in the Deshaun Watson race. Everybody was pretty sure we were in on that...before the massage therapist revelations.

We all like Tua.

But look at our team’s makeup now. –

Top five defense. With the addition of Phillips and Holland, we can only get better.

Upper tier offense. Waddle, Fuller, Parker, Mike G….we are scary. OL can only improve with rookies into their second year and adding Eich.

Special team. We are solid. Sanders are money 50 yards out.

We are a ready to win team…..except, except what. You all know it. The biggest question mark of the team is the QB position. Talking heads around the sports world talking about we are a good fit for Rogers as we are a ready to win team and we have enough draft capital to get it done.

Take a deep breath and take your emotional attachment out of the equation for just one second. With the makeup of the team now, if we insert Rogers, you cannot tell me we are not an instant SB contention team. I say get him!!
I'd do it in a heart beat.

Rodgers started in what was 2008? He played in seasons before but didn't start. His first year, 4, 038 yards, 28 TDs and 13 INTs. His second year was, 4,434 yards, 30 TDs, 7 INTs. The greats shine right away. The mediocres and the rest do not. Herbert shined right away. Mayfield was good as well. Burrow was shining regardless of the **** show he was thrown into. The thing that worries me about Tua is he didn't do anything to put his team on his back and win a game besides the AZ game. Other than that it was purely a team win with defense and ST bailing him out. I would most definitely pull this trigger and and keep Tua as a back up. Give Rodgers the 2 or 3 years until he retires then put in Tua.

Back
Top Bottom