Rodgers, anyone? | Page 7 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Rodgers, anyone?

I guess every time a QB says he’s not happy with his team, we obviously have to have a thread asking if the Dolphins should trade for that QB. So my answer to trading for Rogers is the same as my answer for trading for Watson and Wilson is no way. The Dolphins have their QB and they don’t need to trade for any other QB in the league except Mahomes if the Chiefs are crazy enough to draft him.

Since that obviously isn’t happening, just put me in the NO category if the other 30 teams, besides the Chiefs want to trade their QB.
Exactly. Flores and Grier are obviously happy with Tua, or they would have taken a quarterback at #3.

Exactly. Flores and Grier are obviously happy with Tua, or they would have taken a quarterback at #3.
They did not take a QB because it would be the same as Tua, an unknown commodity out of college. Rogers in the other hand, is a HOF.
And thats why many rumors had them looking into Wstson before the massage mess.

They did not take a QB because it would be the same as Tua, an unknown commodity out of college. Rogers in the other hand, is a HOF.
And thats why many rumors had them looking into Wstson before the massage mess.
Because he's 25, Watson made sense.

Rodgers is 37 and GB would probably want a minimum of three 1st round picks. I don't think that would make sense for a team that's building for long-term success.

Just my 2 cents anyway.

Here we go again. Has Aaron Rodgers said Miami was a team he would be willing to be traded to? No! Has anyone heard he wants to leave Green Bay to be closer to home? yes. Closer to home is California, not Miami. Think Denver and everyone not in the AFCE. Sure, he would give us a legitimate chance to win now, but wishing for it on Finheaven doesn't make it a reality. Go Fins! I will stick with Tua until we do something to change that.

I just wish QB's like Rodgers and Watson were looking to find a new home during the 15 or so years when we were initially looking for a replacement for Marino, and not now when we are actually grooming our signal caller of the future.

I think the closest opportunity we had was Brees but that was far from a sure thing at the time.

1. Rodgers wants to be on or near the west coast.
2. His girlfriend/future wife grew up in Boulder Colorado.
3. He is 37 years old

I would love to have him and I consider him superior to Watson, but I do not trade multiple #1 picks for players. Would I consider one (1) first round pick, perhaps, but it is moot as the east coast is not Rodgers target.

Broncos and 49ers are/were preferred targets, it was not an accident they made offers or entered discussions before the draft when Aaron wanted to blow up the Packers (rightfully so in my opinion as they have treated him in a way that would have pissed off anyone).

Who knows whats going to happen five years from now.
Well... one thing in our favor in 5 yrs.... we would finally have a 1st round pick in the draft lmao ...

Acquiring Rodgers would destroy our cap and take away draft picks for the next 2 yrs .... after all is said and done we improved our team ... made the playoffs ... flirted with the super bowl and 2 yrs. later our team would be dismantled and the rebuild would start over ...

Rodgers is a HOF Qb and would immediately make our team better ... I'm not on board with "robbing Peter to pay Paul". The probability of the regression the team may take after his 2 yr window can't be overlooked IMO.

1620287376147.png

No thanks, let John Elway have him and then the next aging veteran after him. We’re building something here.

I'm still waiting on those who want this to tell me who you're cutting to fit his cap number in. Maybe we could cut X and Jones and let Igby and Needham play CB

Id absolutely do it but I'm not entirely sure we have the ammo unless they loved Tua.

Also not sure how we would pay his salary currently.

Why don't we get Rogers with Watson as his backup. I'm sure some Texas team could make that happen, but we would need to get some futuer1st rounders to be prepared for the inevitable. - LOL

Hey my brother let me school you to the group think tank that is Finheaven. If the trade doesn't happen, it is a bad and ridiculous notion. If the trade happens, it is genius and franchise changing. That goes for all trade speculations on here, for any player.

Personally I think it would have the same "Brady effect" that Tom had on Tampa. Not many more on here will have the balls to agree.
if we do not have to mortgage the future of the franchise for him, i would do it in a heartbeat. Tua would be able to learn behind Rogers for 1-2 years. Unfortunately, whoever gets rogers is going to have to pay at least two 1st rounders plus two 2nd rounders plus even more. I would not be surprised if it costs a team 3 1st rounders.

If we can’t afford Rodgers....then we couldn’t get in the Deshaun Watson race. Everybody was pretty sure we were in on that...before the massage therapist revelations.
who's "everybody"? the team never said they were after him. They kick the tires on almost every player but that just them doing their job.

No doubt Rodgers is a great QB. But he's not a fit for the Phins and this thread (fun as it is) will never happen.
1. FLo and Rodgers are both alphas who want to run things, but our coach is a TEAM first guy and Rodgers is a ME first guy.
2. Tua isnt proven BUT has shown flashes. I dont worship him (preferred Herbert) but I am very confident he can quickly (this year or next) be a top tier QB. I want him to LEAD this year with Marino-like passion. And now he has the tools surrounding him!
3. Grier has positioned the team (with multiple first round picks) that in the event Tua isnt what we think he is, the Phins are in a position to draft/trade for someone else.

Back
Top Bottom