Rodgers, anyone? | Page 8 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Rodgers, anyone?

if we do not have to mortgage the future of the franchise for him, i would do it in a heartbeat. Tua would be able to learn behind Rogers for 1-2 years. Unfortunately, whoever gets rogers is going to have to pay at least two 1st rounders plus two 2nd rounders plus even more. I would not be surprised if it costs a team 3 1st rounders.
You think they will trade him straight up for Parker? Of course we will have to mortgage everything we have worked to achieve for a selfish qb.

We all like Tua.

But look at our team’s makeup now. –

Top five defense. With the addition of Phillips and Holland, we can only get better.

Upper tier offense. Waddle, Fuller, Parker, Mike G….we are scary. OL can only improve with rookies into their second year and adding Eich.

Special team. We are solid. Sanders are money 50 yards out.

We are a ready to win team…..except, except what. You all know it. The biggest question mark of the team is the QB position. Talking heads around the sports world talking about we are a good fit for Rogers as we are a ready to win team and we have enough draft capital to get it done.

Take a deep breath and take your emotional attachment out of the equation for just one second. With the makeup of the team now, if we insert Rogers, you cannot tell me we are not an instant SB contention team. I say get him!!
Here we go.

You seem to think it's other posters responsibility to explain why they say no. Yet you have, thus far, declined to explain how it would work first.

The idea of saying I would give up 20 first for a suprbowl ring is nice and I would agree.

Rodgers would make us SB contenders I agree.

But you conveniently neglect the most important part.

Rodgers will cost more than draft pick.

To get Rodgers we will need about 44 million in cap space for him and our rookies.

Please explain how you manage that. Please explain who you restructure, trade or cut to free up that 44 million.

Once you do, than you can reasonably ask if we would do it.

So the floor is all yours.

Explain how the financial would work. How our team would look after the trade.

You will realize, we would look like a completely different team

So explain it first before you start stating people who just say no need to explain themselves.

Don't deflect, insult, or answer this question with a question.

Actually answer the question.

When you do this task, I think you will realize why a simple "no" was answer enough.

For the record, I am a huge Rodgers fan. Have his jersey. Would have done anything to get him last year BEFORE we drafted Tua. Now things are different

Doesnt jive with long term team building. Rodgers will only play what 3 years

I would consider it but we need to make sure he is commmitted to fooball and not jeopardy. If he is then i offer the following.

I think Allan hurns gaskin and that extra 4th would be good offer. Or is that too much draft capital? I know we all enjoy those 4th round selections on the sat part of draft.
Hurns, Gaskin, and a 4th for Rodgers?

🤣🤣🤣

Here we go.

You seem to think it's other posters responsibility to explain why they say no. Yet you have, thus far, declined to explain how it would work first.

The idea of saying I would give up 20 first for a suprbowl ring is nice and I would agree.

Rodgers would make us SB contenders I agree.

But you conveniently neglect the most important part.

Rodgers will cost more than draft pick.

To get Rodgers we will need about 44 million in cap space for him and our rookies.

Please explain how you manage that. Please explain who you restructure, trade or cut to free up that 44 million.

Once you do, than you can reasonably ask if we would do it.

So the floor is all yours.

Explain how the financial would work. How our team would look after the trade.

You will realize, we would look like a completely different team

So explain it first before you start stating people who just say no need to explain themselves.

Don't deflect, insult, or answer this question with a question.

Actually answer the question.

When you do this task, I think you will realize why a simple "no" was answer enough.

For the record, I am a huge Rodgers fan. Have his jersey. Would have done anything to get him last year BEFORE we drafted Tua. Now things are different
Just for the sake of keeping this crazy but fun thread going, the team would actually need about 14 for him this year and another 3M for Tua (post 6/1 trade) if he was part of the package. The packers are on the hook for his signing bonus and his roster bonus should already have been paid. I'm including Tua b/c that's what Barnwell proposed to keep us from only having to give up 2 1sts with the Steelers getting Tua and giving up their 1st to the pack. So in order to make the 17M work, there's a few guys that could be considered expendable (McCain, Grant, Fejedelem, Smythe) that would get us close to that. Remember, this is all just for fun. We're having fun here.

Depends on what the ask is. I’d trade them Tua and the first rounder we got from San Fran in a heartbeat.

We all like Tua.

But look at our team’s makeup now. –

Top five defense. With the addition of Phillips and Holland, we can only get better.

Upper tier offense. Waddle, Fuller, Parker, Mike G….we are scary. OL can only improve with rookies into their second year and adding Eich.

Special team. We are solid. Sanders are money 50 yards out.

We are a ready to win team…..except, except what. You all know it. The biggest question mark of the team is the QB position. Talking heads around the sports world talking about we are a good fit for Rogers as we are a ready to win team and we have enough draft capital to get it done.

Take a deep breath and take your emotional attachment out of the equation for just one second. With the makeup of the team now, if we insert Rogers, you cannot tell me we are not an instant SB contention team. I say get him!!
Because you want a quarterback to take us to the Super Bowl, you’re a hater.

Because you want a quarterback to take us to the Super Bowl, you’re a hater.
He's taken a superior team to the SB once. We would not reach one with what we would have to give up to get him.

How does he magically take us to a SB?

Hold on just a sec here, Tua as part of the package? Negatory.

I’d offer a 1 next year and the 2023 1st.

It’s crazy how we want to get to the superbowl but many don’t want Rodgers. Gentlemen, with the defense we fielded last year and Aaron Rodgers, if we can’t make a serious run, we’re just cursed.

Tua can continue to learn and heal (get stronger). We wouldn’t have to worry about drafting a QB.

How the heck does someone not want to see Aaron Rodgers finish his career as a Dolphin? But boy we’re we excited about Chad Pennington. Lol Hell, we were excited about John Beck. This fan base is a little upside down.

We just saw an old Tom Brady get it done.

Listen, if we wouldn’t have gone 10-6 and have this great defense, I’d say Rodgers is a waste of draft picks.

Any way, if they want Tua, deals off.

who's "everybody"? the team never said they were after him. They kick the tires on almost every player but that just them doing their job.
Everybody in the football world that talks and reports on football.....

It became a mute point after his issues came to light...but nobody outside the world of Aqua and orange glasses thought Tua played well enough to warrant blind loyalty.

And frankly Danny, I’m quite sure your not naive enough to think the management shares everything they are thinking about!

No

Rodgers is too old.

Rodgers gets frustrated in big games and once that happens he loses! Everytime!

Hes a diva and a jerk.

Just no

He's taken a superior team to the SB once. We would not reach one with what we would have to give up to get him.

How does he magically take us to a SB?
I wouldn’t call that team superior, but OK. If you don’t think he gives us a better chance at getting there then there’s really not much more to say.

Everybody in the football world that talks and reports on football.....

It became a mute point after his issues came to light...but nobody outside the world of Aqua and orange glasses thought Tua played well enough to warrant blind loyalty.

And frankly Danny, I’m quite sure your not naive enough to think the management shares everything they are thinking about!
Oh specially our FO. They normally don't let anything out unless they really want to. as far as Tua, I agree we don't know what we have yet. To judge him one way or the other after last year is foolish. never mind he was a rookie with no real off season as every rookie went thru that. What made it harder for him imo was coming back from that injury/surgery. Lots of people didn't even think he'd play at all last year. Now he's further removed from that injury/surgery so that should help. We'll see how he does this year.

Back
Top Bottom