Rodgers, anyone? | Page 10 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Rodgers, anyone?

You like to keep Tua, thats fine. You entitle to it. Then you felt the need to put down Rogers, that just make you look childish.
I’m no Tua fan but the fact is, Rogers only has 1 superbowl with a better team. It’s not like we would be selling the farm for a proven winner.

Y
I still like Tua and Rodgers would put Miami on the short list for legitimate SB contenders.

I could see Grier/Flo being all in if Rodgers was closer to 30 than 40.

I don’t see them abandoning the rebuild for a 37 year old.

Just last year they benched a 37 year old QB who was leading Miami to the second most points on offense (26ppg) this franchise ever had, only behind 1984 team, in favor of Tua.

I do think Grier makes a call to GB to get a feel for their asking price because that is the way Grier rolls and is the smart way to go. Information based decision-making.

If the deal didn’t require getting rid of Tua... maybe, just maybe.
Your post makes a lot of sense. The only thing I disagree with is I think the rebuilding is nearly done after this draft. First of all, you can't have all pro in every position. You can't stay on rebuilding phrase until every unit is elite.

We have a good roaster now. Defense is top notch. OL should be above average. WR group is at top tier. TE is top tier. RB is average. And QB is a big question mark.

History tells us, a good roaster has a window of staying good for about three years. Except NE, look at all the teams made SB appearance, how long they can stay good? Not long.

Our roaster has the window to be good for next three years. And I like to add Rogers to make a serious run at SB.

Y

Your post makes a lot of sense. The only thing I disagree with is I think the rebuilding is nearly done after this draft. First of all, you can't have all pro in every position. You can't stay on rebuilding phrase until every unit is elite.

We have a good roaster now. Defense is top notch. OL should be above average. WR group is at top tier. TE is top tier. RB is average. And QB is a big question mark.

History tells us, a good roaster has a window of staying good for about three years. Except NE, look at all the teams made SB appearance, how long they can stay good? Not long.

Our roaster has the window to be good for next three years. And I like to add Rogers to make a serious run at SB.
Our roster build is perpetual and if done correctly, there is no window, we churn players every year continuing the process indefinitely. The only way there would be a window is if you stopped acquiring young players via draft and free agency, then an aging roster would create a window. There is no window. Where exactly are you coming up with this 3-year window anyway? Is that your timeline?

Our roster build is perpetual and if done correctly, there is no window, we churn players every year continuing the process indefinitely. The only way there would be a window is if you stopped acquiring young players via draft and free agency, then an aging roster would create a window. There is no window. Where exactly are you coming up with this 3-year window anyway? Is that your timeline?
Real rebuild started last draft when we fixed the OL. In three yerar, if they keep improving as we hope and expect, they all due for a big pay day. This draft, if Waddle and Phillips blossom as we hope, they want a big contract too. And we can't afford to pay them all. Hence, the three years window.

Real rebuild started last draft when we fixed the OL. In three yerar, if they keep improving as we hope and expect, they all due for a big pay day. This draft, if Waddle and Phillips blossom as we hope, they want a big contract too. And we can't afford to pay them all. Hence, the three years window.
By the time a player's 5th-year option rolls around we either plan to replace them or extend them, if they even make it to that point. There will always be guys in the pipeline coming up every year to replace other players. We will be like any other team we will pick and choose who we keep. The Patriots have been pretty successful in letting players walk over high-salary demands and replacing them with younger players. No team will ever be able to keep all their players with the way FA is currently set up, you just have to be in the position to replace them with someone already on your roster. A perfect example is Iggy was drafted to replace X, when he does is not known yet, but make no mistake, that was the intent. He just turned 21 not too long ago so he's a young buck yet. Long is the security if Gesicki leaves, you proactively look at contract years and plan ahead for things that may not be totally in your control. Sure they can resign him if they choose but if his price is more than the value they perceive him to be, they let him walk, simple as that. You keep your pipeline full at all times churning out players to replace aging players...

A rebuild is just that, to rebuild to get you into the position of perpetually upgrading a roster, not filling holes. We weren't there for the last 2 years but you can see how the approach in this year's draft was more targeted than last year's draft. We had to upgrade just about every position, now we can start to focus more on certain areas and looking for upgrades and not filling holes. Last year we had 11 picks and drafted 11 players, this year we started out with I think 10 or so (don't remember the exact amount) before all the moving and trading, and we wound up with 7 players. We were more looking at quality as opposed to quantity this year. We used picks to move around the board to get who we wanted. Next year should be even more targeted, we are going to compile picks to give us the flexibility to move around, not to take a player with every pick...

The Packers want defense in return with first round picks. If we do that what are we anyway? Mediocre? But imagine Baltimore working out a trade for him. Or even Pittsburgh. Those QBs make more sense. They don’t need another young QB. They need a stop gap or a guy who gives them a different dimension than what they already have.

Back
Top Bottom