Rodgers, anyone? | Page 11 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Rodgers, anyone?

A rebuild is just that, to rebuild to get you into the position of perpetually upgrading a roster, not filling holes. We weren't there for the last 2 years but you can see how the approach in this year's draft was more targeted than last year's draft. We had to upgrade just about every position, now we can start to focus more on certain areas and looking for upgrades and not filling holes. Last year we had 11 picks and drafted 11 players, this year we started out with I think 10 or so (don't remember the exact amount) before all the moving and trading, and we wound up with 7 players. We were more looking at quality as opposed to quantity this year. We used picks to move around the board to get who we wanted. Next year should be even more targeted, we are going to compile picks to give us the flexibility to move around, not to take a player with every pick...
On paper, your theory is sound. However it is easier said than done. I look at the good teams in past 20 years, the teams that made the SB appearance, all I saw is they had a good roaster and made a good run at SB, then in 1 2 years those teams came back down to earth. It lead me to believe the 'window' thing in NFL is real.

Last edited:
This isn't even debatable. You immediately
So your concern is not with the draft capital and whether Tua will blossom, your concern is will cap room. Thats fair.
I am a fan who enjoy my team on Sunday afternoon, and occasionally post on internet. I have no time to look up the details of 50 contracts. So I cannot answer your question.
To take a stab at the question you post, I think Rogers will take a friendly contract just to get out of GB, say around high 30s. According to what I read back in March, dolphins has 33 mil in cap room space. If you cut McCain, Wilson, Grant, and Davis, I think we can be in the conversation in fitting Rogers into our cap. And don't forget, when things back to normal, cap will increase.
Fair enough not everyone has the time or cares about the money aspect of things... but it’s something you do need to consider and think about when bringing up stuff like this....

for example you bring up we had around 33 mil in March..... but you do know we signed free agents right? That sucked up a good bit of money and we also have the draft class to sign which I believe the McCain move will allow us to do

On paper, your theory is sound. However it is easier said than done. I look at the good teams in past 20 years, the teams that made the SB appearance, all I saw is they had a good roaster and made a good run at SB, then in 1 2 years those team came back down to earth. It lead me to believe the 'window' thing in NFL is real.
I’d say that’s true, about the window thing , for a lot of teams. Having an elite qb helps a ton absolutely. It’s also nice when your qb takes modest contracts to help the rest of the team be constructed.... and thus a dynasty

On paper, your theory is sound. However it is easier said than done. I look at the good teams in past 20 years, the teams that made the SB appearance, all I saw is they had a good roaster and made a good run at SB, then in 1 2 years those team came back down to earth. It lead me to believe the 'window' thing in NFL is real.
Patriots seemed to have stayed relevant for a while. Each circumstance is different, the ideal scenario is to continually develop your own in perpetuity, many teams don't have that option or patience, we do because we literally cleaned house. Most teams aren't willing to have a complete demolishing to the extent we did. We are in a rare and unique situation. We are competitive and have the youngest roster in the NFL.

I’d say that’s true, about the window thing , for a lot of teams. Having an elite qb helps a ton absolutely. It’s also nice when your qb takes modest contracts to help the rest of the team be constructed.... and thus a dynasty
Dynasty....? It is a mirage in modern NFL. Brady is the only one that made it happened. And there is no other Brady I known of.

Hey, lets start with winning one SB first before talking about dynasty.

Dynasty....? It is a mirage in modern NFL. Brady is the only one that made it happened. And there is no other Brady I known of.

Hey, lets start with winning one SB first before talking about dynasty.
I was specifically talking about Brady and using that to show how much of an anomaly that is man

It’s been reported that Rogers only wants to be traded to a team in the west. Supposedly he has listed the 3 teams he wants to be traded to are the 49ers, Raiders, or Broncos. Gruden is said to be willing to trade whatever it takes to get Rogers.

With Rogers only wanting to be traded to a team in the west and the Raiders, Broncos, and possibly the 49ers having more interest in trading for him than the Dolphins would have, I see Rogers ending up with one of these three 3 if he is traded by the Packers. I also think Rogers and the Packers work out their difference and Rogers ends up staying in Green Bay for the next several years.

We are too far west, you'd have to pass the international date line - haha

Real rebuild started last draft when we fixed the OL. In three yerar, if they keep improving as we hope and expect, they all due for a big pay day. This draft, if Waddle and Phillips blossom as we hope, they want a big contract too. And we can't afford to pay them all. Hence, the three years window.
I hope the OL was FIXED as you seem to think it was but to me the OL last year was a below average OL and certainly was far from fixed. The young offensive line needs to continue to develop and hopefully Eichenberg will be able to come in and become an immediate upgrade on the OL. Just drafting a lot of offensive linemen doesn’t mean they fixed the OL.

I’m really not worried about all the offensive linemen getting big contracts at once

Probably one out of the three offensive linemen drafted in 2020 will be worth a big contract and the other two will likely have already been replaced over the next three years with better players.

Waddle and Phillips will both have 5 year contracts as first round draft picks. So the Dolphins won’t even have to worry about resigning either of them until 2026. Long before then Rogers will have retired and he will probably still be living in Las Vegas after spending his last two years playing for the Raiders.

Your post gave me gas. Now I'll have to take a dump.

At my age this is a blessing. Thanks for getting my bowls functioning.

It is the only redeeming aspect of your post.

You're welcome?

Your post gave me gas. Now I'll have to take a dump.

At my age this is a blessing. Thanks for getting my bowls functioning.

It is the only redeeming aspect of your post.

Now that I am back to being unhampered by the state of my bowls I can tell you with absolute authority that your post resulted in a large pile of "fecal matter". Is all this is true? Yes.

Now, with all that "stuff" is out of the way I can respond to your post without any "internal pressure".

I am now formally dumping on your post. - LOL

I feel much better now - LOL

Now that I am back to being unhampered by the state of my bowls I can tell you with absolute authority that your post resulted in a large pile of "fecal matter". Is all this is true? Yes.

Now, with all that "stuff" is out of the way I can respond to your post without any "internal pressure".

I am now formally dumping on your post. - LOL

I feel much better now - LOL

Back
Top Bottom