Ronnie VS Cadilac | Page 2 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Ronnie VS Cadilac

RenoFinFan said:
I will give Ronnie the edge due to intelligence. Did anyone else see when Suzy Colbert (I think that is her last name -- the gal a drunk Joe Namath wanted to kiss on live TV a couple of years ago) interviewed Cadillac and asked about Ronnie being selected ahead of him. Cadillac responded, "Ronnie might have won the war, but the battle is still on." One of the best TV moments ever.
Cadillac said that because he and Ronnie had a bet on who would gain the most rushing yards their rookie season. I think the bet was a steak dinner.

Ronnie is deffinetly better because he is more complete. If you took film from Caddy blocking and Ronnie Blocking then you can deffinetly tell that Ronnie is better (duh).

miaD5499 said:
ronnie is overall the better running back, hes the full package he can pass block, catch, and run like a beast...caddilac is the better runner in that hes quicker in getting through the hole but hes not as good as ronnie overall...caddilac had a lot of success early and a lot of begginers luck early on too because after his injury he struggled mightly and was not in the same forum he was earlier on in the season and yes chucky wears caddy out......at the end of both of their careers i believe that it will be clear that ronnie was the better back
Lets just hope ronnie stays healthy. we need a good backup like mike bennett:cooldude:

I'm going to go with Ronnie is a better Back over all. Caddy can run and hit the hole quick and all but, I think Chucky will run him into the ground and his career will be short due to this fact. Ronnie on the other hand, Is in a better enviorment to be more productive and do more then just run the ball. IMO Nick will use Ronnie in all phases of the Offence and this will make it hard for defences to get used to and keep them guessing.

Go Dolphins

many of you are blind homers. Caddy had NO Oline last year..nothing. So far, Caddy has been the better back, but that could change.

miaD5499 said:
ronnie is overall the better running back, hes the full package he can pass block, catch, and run like a beast...caddilac is the better runner in that hes quicker in getting through the hole but hes not as good as ronnie overall...caddilac had a lot of success early and a lot of begginers luck early on too because after his injury he struggled mightly and was not in the same forum he was earlier on in the season and yes chucky wears caddy out......at the end of both of their careers i believe that it will be clear that ronnie was the better back

Cadillac is also a more tenacious runner, always fighting for an extra yard and continuously driving his legs. I do think that overall Ronnie is better. But as a straight between the tackles runner, I'd say there is a slight edge to Cadillac.

I do agree that Gruden is wearing him out. He touched the ball roughly 100 times more than Ronnie last season and netted roughly 100 total yards more. Thats not a good sign if you are a Bucs fan.

How about this. Caddy is a damn good back. We are hoping Ronnie cab be a damn good back when he is "the guy". Everyone wins.

Ronnie is a stud, and Caddy is a stud both teams got good backs now can we end these damn Ronnie vs Caddy threads?

Geforce said:
Cadillac said that because he and Ronnie had a bet on who would gain the most rushing yards their rookie season. I think the bet was a steak dinner.
I am aware of the competitive, friendly bets Cadillac and Ronnie have / had, including who would be drafted first. However, the saying that would apply in that situation is, "Ronnie might have won the battle, but the war is still on." Not, "Ronnie might have won the war, but the battle is still on."

I think Cadilac Williams can become the next Anthony Thomas and we all know where he is. He is just getting overused and overworked and hes a strong runner. If hes constantly injured his running game will lack and he isn't the full package so he will look worse because of this. If Gruden can figure out a way to keep him fresh and not overuse him then Caddy can grow to be a superstar but if hes plagued by injuries I think he will have a disappointing career! Even if there small injuries!

many of you are blind homers. Caddy had NO Oline last year..nothing. So far, Caddy has been the better back, but that could change.

I remember early in the season last year everyone was pointing out how much better blocking Caddy had than Ronnie. Luckily for us our 0-line came together, but to say Caddy had no blocking is just... i dunno, Wrong. The Bucs pound the rock and they do it with 3 different kind of backs, if they had NO blocking how'd they make the playoffs? Didn't M.Pittman have a great game vs. us ?? Didn't all 3 guys have great games last year ?

fish fan 4 life said:
If Ronnie would have got a few more carries last year he would have been rookie of the year.
Missing the final couple games last season due to injury didn`t help his chances any either.

But still Ronnie SPLIT caries w/ Pothead (williams) and missed a few games and he still got 907ish yards, I think that's pretty good.

I am not so much worried about these guys stats as I am Ronnie's toughness. If Ronnie can stay healthy through the first 17 weeks of this season, I won't care what his stats look like. We still don't know how much the offense will change with CPep starting, so it is hard to predict their stats at this point. A healthy Ronnie going into the playoffs will be my main concern this year.

Caddy looked better for a while because Ronnie held out and missed a bunch of training camp. Once he was in there playing for a few weeks everybody saw the real Ronnie. Ronnie reminds me of a Jim Brown type of player except he is an excellent reciever. I don't know if Caddy can take the pounding long term. Time will tell but I'd much rather have Ronnie Brown.

Back
Top Bottom