Ronnie VS Cadilac | Page 5 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Ronnie VS Cadilac

regardless he got injured and since he did not get to play those games we dont really know how durable Ronnie is. I was just stating that neither player has shown they are that durable yet.

You do realize that any Running back who caught their finger in a helmet would have broken it right.

We could have won a few more games if it weren't for that freak accident.

You do realize that any Running back who caught their finger in a helmet would have broken it right.

We could have won a few more games if it weren't for that freak accident.

I never said that he was not durable because of the injury I stated since he did not play in those three games we cant really judge how durable he is. When he plays in all 16 games then maybe so and not to mention he was underutilized some at this point. He has nver had or been able to carry the load for a full season so no one can say he is really that durable yet. People act like Williams is not durable but he missed two games this year and two games last year so in theory he is just as durable as Ronnie and has more usage. As for winning more games who knows Buff beat us like 21-0.

I never said that he was not durable because of the injury I stated since he did not play in those three games we cant really judge how durable he is. When he plays in all 16 games then maybe so and not to mention he was underutilized some at this point. He has nver had or been able to carry the load for a full season so no one can say he is really that durable yet. People act like Williams is not durable but he missed two games this year and two games last year so in theory he is just as durable as Ronnie and has more usage. As for winning more games who knows Buff beat us like 21-0.

OK I see.

Williams v. Brown: No Contest

Caddy impressed me last year I thought before the draft Ronnie was better. But Caddy had a very good season with a team that wasn't much better then ours. I think I'll wait and see. Don't get me wrong I want to say Ronnie hands down,....but I can't.

Ronnie Brown is already the better back. His career rushing average is half a yard better then Cadillac's! He's scored more touchdowns. His receiving average is 2.3 ypr better than Cadillac's, that's a Grand Canyon sized difference. The two players are not comparable. Cadillac Williams looks like a very mediocre player at this point. While Brown's numbers are getting better, Cadillac's numbers are getting worse and it's not from overuse. Williams had significantly fewer carries in his second year then his first while playing in the same number of games.

Ronnie Brown is already the better back. His career rushing average is half a yard better then Cadillac's! He's scored more touchdowns. His receiving average is 2.3 ypr better than Cadillac's, that's a Grand Canyon sized difference. The two players are not comparable. Cadillac Williams looks like a very mediocre player at this point. While Brown's numbers are getting better, Cadillac's numbers are getting worse and it's not from overuse. Williams had significantly fewer carries in his second year then his first while playing in the same number of games.

Yes, Ronnie is looking like the better back but calling Cadilac a mediocore player I think might be overdoing it! You have to remember Tampa Bays passing game this year looked really bad so its not like teams weren't afraid to stack the box to take there run game out of it early!

Re:

Yes, Ronnie is looking like the better back but calling Cadilac a mediocore player I think might be overdoing it! You have to remember Tampa Bays passing game this year looked really bad so its not like teams weren't afraid to stack the box to take there run game out of it early!

Mediocre is average. Cadillac Williams is an average running back. His rookie season, which was such a sensation apparently, he only ranked 13th in rushing yardage, that puts him in the middle third of the league. This year he ranked 29th in the league in rushing, only slightly better then free agent retread Reuben Droughns in Cleveland who actually scored four times as many touchdowns as Cadillac Williams. TB's O-line was bad. Their offense was atrocious, but the Browns and Dolphins weren't much better in either department. Joey Galloway had a big year in Tampa with over a thousand-yards receiving and 17 ypr average, so they had to show some respect to the pass. If Cadillac Williams hadn't started his rookie season off on such a record pace with all of the attendant media attention that was focused on his exploits, Williams would be considered a shaky draft pick, at best. Not unlike Cedric Benson in Chicago.

What, getting tired of the Randy Mueller threads? I thought we were past the Ronnie versus Carnell comparisons... :rolleyes2

Back
Top Bottom