Rosen or Take QB with 1st Rd Pick, NOT BOTH | Page 3 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Rosen or Take QB with 1st Rd Pick, NOT BOTH

The amount of faith on this forum in Rosen who hasn't done anything well in his entire career in the NFL thus far is mind boggling.

Have the standards really sunk that low or is it just massive delusion?

It's pretty stupid to think Rosen will be the answer and Tua will be a bust without even playing one game in the NFL yet. I believe Tua has more upside than Rosen and if the Dolphins are in position to draft Tua they better do it. Do you think Rosen would be putting up the same stats at Alabama that Tua has? I doubt it.

The amount of faith on this forum in Rosen who hasn't done anything well in his entire career in the NFL thus far is mind boggling.

Have the standards really sunk that low or is it just massive delusion?
Nothing wrong with having faith in a player.

Nothing wrong with having faith in a player.
I get it, but it gets nauseating when the guy getting blind faith is ALWAYS the QB, but the forum is quick to cut Gesicki, Harris etc. It's a double standard that borders delusion.

I keep seeing around the forum that even if Rosen plays well, you still draft QB with #1 pick just to make sure you have franchise QB. Have 2 bites at the apple they say.

I think this theory is wrong, if Rosen shows to Flores & staff that he can be a franchise QB for the team, YOU GO ALL IN ON ROSEN! Trade your first round draft pick for multiple 1sts and 2nds and build around Rosen through all those high picks. If Tua separates himself from his peers then you can really get big haul for team desperate for a QB (Bucs, Bengals, Titans, Raiders). Also when you draft QB with top 5 pick (most likely 1st pick) then there's no QB competition. You damn well know that QB going to start week 1 as he's going to make or break Chris Grier tenure as GM so you damn well know he'll want him starting ASAP!

If Rosen isn't good then of course go ahead and draft your QB and have Rosen as backup. I think you Dolphins fans will agree that the best situation is for Rosen to show he can be a franchise QB so you can trade #1 for massive haul. Like Imagine if Bucs land top 10 pick, Winston remains a bust and GM is in the hot seat and gets desperate and offers an RG3 haul for Tua who has potential to receive similar hype. Dolphins are already loaded with picks but then you add RG3 haul to your war chest. That right there can make the Dolphins become a DYNASTY!

Im enjoying this rebuild process as an outsider and also a fan of Rosen so def excited to see him against Cowboys and I'm telling everyone I know that I believe Rosen will be the Dolphins franchise QB.

Dolphins fans get excited! People maybe laughing at you now but that laughter will turn to envy when they see Flores, Grier & Rosen holding up the SB trophy!

No offense, did you really need to make a whole new thread on this??? This conversation should be in the thread I started, it’s covering the same damn discussion. Mods please merge. This is redundant

Rosen is going to play well enough that Miami will pick one of the leftover QB's. Probably Love (who people like). I don't expect Rosen to play well enough to discourage Grier/Allen/McKenzie from taking a QB.
I think this is a distinct possibility, and some posters are going to completely lose their **** if that happens. Personally, I favor this scenario, in no small part because I'm not sold on Tua, but also because "Elite" QB's are often as much a product of the system as they are of individual talent. Trading down a few spots could net us several more valuable picks. Don't misunderstand, a bad QB is bad in any system, but I'm a believer that guys like Brady, Montana etc, while great talents, probably don't have HOF careers if put on horrible teams, with bad coaching, for their entire careers.

I get it, but it gets nauseating when the guy getting blind faith is ALWAYS the QB, but the forum is quick to cut Gesicki, Harris etc. It's a double standard that borders delusion.
A lot of that is the anger that they wanted different players at that spot, and the player selected didn't have the initial success that "their choice" may have had.

I get it, players like Harris were undeniably mistakes, at this point. It happens. What I don't get is holding on to that anger 2-3 years after the fact, calling for guys on rookie contracts to be outright cut, when the are sometimes decent, or depth players on the cheap, just not first rd talent.

In the specific case of MG, I agree he looks a bit "stiff" at times, but give the kid some time to develop. He didn't have the skillset coming in to be a prototypical TE, but we knew that when we took him, and by all accounts has worked extremely hard to correct those deficiencies.

If Rosen plays well enough to consider him a franchise quarterback behind this line, then the Dolphins won’t be in a position to draft Tua. Unless Pittsburgh’s or the Texans’ pick gets them there.

If Rosen looks promising, you trade that first pick for more. Hypothetical situation, we net 2-3 1st rounders for that pick and we have plenty of draft capital in 2021 and 2022 to draft another QBif Rosen doesn't pan out.

I keep seeing around the forum that even if Rosen plays well, you still draft QB with #1 pick just to make sure you have franchise QB. Have 2 bites at the apple they say.

I think this theory is wrong, if Rosen shows to Flores & staff that he can be a franchise QB for the team, YOU GO ALL IN ON ROSEN! Trade your first round draft pick for multiple 1sts and 2nds and build around Rosen through all those high picks. If Tua separates himself from his peers then you can really get big haul for team desperate for a QB (Bucs, Bengals, Titans, Raiders). Also when you draft QB with top 5 pick (most likely 1st pick) then there's no QB competition. You damn well know that QB going to start week 1 as he's going to make or break Chris Grier tenure as GM so you damn well know he'll want him starting ASAP!

If Rosen isn't good then of course go ahead and draft your QB and have Rosen as backup. I think you Dolphins fans will agree that the best situation is for Rosen to show he can be a franchise QB so you can trade #1 for massive haul. Like Imagine if Bucs land top 10 pick, Winston remains a bust and GM is in the hot seat and gets desperate and offers an RG3 haul for Tua who has potential to receive similar hype. Dolphins are already loaded with picks but then you add RG3 haul to your war chest. That right there can make the Dolphins become a DYNASTY!

Im enjoying this rebuild process as an outsider and also a fan of Rosen so def excited to see him against Cowboys and I'm telling everyone I know that I believe Rosen will be the Dolphins franchise QB.

Dolphins fans get excited! People maybe laughing at you now but that laughter will turn to envy when they see Flores, Grier & Rosen holding up the SB trophy!

DependentGentleBarasinga-max-1mb.gif

Rosen showing he's "The Guy" and the Dolphins having the first pick are mutually exclusive so I don't know why we keep rehashing this scenario.
If we average 17-24 points a game with Rosen, and the D continued to give up 40 a
game ( givin that our points are not all scored in garbage time), we very well could be in line for the first or second pick.

If we average 17-24 points a game with Rosen, and the D continued to give up 40 a
game ( givin that our points are not all scored in garbage time), we very well could be in line for the first or second pick.
That's true, but I don't believe we continue to be that bad defensively.

Not only do I think we will improve steadily improve defensively, a little offense would go a long way to help the defense. When TOP is as lopsided as it was last week, it wears out your defense, and makes a bad situation considerably worse. I would also point out that the two offenses we have faced so far are well above average, as is Dallas' this week. Moving forward that won't be the case every week.

How about this. If Rosen shows he can be a legit NFL starter and you still believe Tua is the better prospect: Trade Rosen for a first and third. That's not out rageous for a you starting qb. Then you draft Tua and still have three first round picks to play with.

Back
Top Bottom