Rosen stats | Page 2 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Rosen stats

Rosen was not worth a second round pick last year and I said as much. I hope all the early picks through the third round add value this year as well as perhaps the late fourth or one of their 3 5ths round picks. 26th for Tunsil wasn't worth it.

No doubt 26th overall pick for Tunsil isn't a good deal, but Tunsil for a 1st and 2nd round pick this year and next year is a steal. Even if Miami had to trade both 1st round picks to move up for Tua I would say Miami getting the 2nd overall pick and two second round picks for the 5th over all pick and Tunsil is a bargin. And that's not even counting the money saved by not having to pay Tunsil $20 million per year.

Come on, dude. Experience plays a roll.

I’m not taking away anything from the old man. He made miracles happen but some of it was exactly that- a miracle.

Yes experience helps but what also helps is just knowing how to play, you can either play or you can't and in 2 years Rosen has not show anything to look like he has a future in the NFL as a starter not even a bottom half starter like a Dalton or Trubisky. If experience was that important of a factor in being a decent/good QB than the NFL would be littered with 35+ year old starters at QB. As it is throughout NFL history there have been plenty rookie and 2nd year QB's who have had good season's, and good games and Rosen is not one of them. That's not to say he can't improve but I honestly don't see him becoming a good starter in the NFL, he simply processes information too slow on the field. I think he could have a good career as a backup and there's nothing wrong with that.

Yet a career backup QB had a pretty decent year under the same circumstances.
Fitz was dogshit in the first two games, which is why he was benched for Rosen, but yes he certainly took it up a notch or two when he came back. I have to imagine some of that was a red result of the coaching team developing over the first five games.

Fitz was dogshit in the first two games, which is why he was benched for Rosen, but yes he certainly took it up a notch or two when he came back. I have to imagine some of that was a red result of the coaching team developing over the first five games.

Of course Fitz looked like dog feces the 1st 2 games he faced the #3 defense in the Ravens and the #1 defense in the Pats thats a tough matchup for most QB's. The most telling thing to me was two things.

1.the Redskins game and how the whole tempo of the offense just changed when they went from Rosen to Fitz,.Fitz was a spark, played well and did more in that 1 QTR of play than Rosen did in 3 QTRs. He actually put up a TD , had a Qb rating of 106.7 and moved the offense compared to Rosen who had QB rating of 32.9 against the 27th ranked defense.

2. They never went back to Rosen for the remainder of the season. The guy you gave up a 2nd rounder never got another shot despite the season being irrelevant and Fitz clearly not being the QBOTF. Why not put him just to see what you got, or just to give him some reps. To me they gave up on Rosen and have no faith that he is the QBOTF, why else wouldn't you put him in and see what you got and try to coaching him up? I would hope if they draft Tua, or Herbert or Borrows that they wouldn't bench them after 3 games and never put them back in for the remainder of the season. That's a confidence killer. Not just the confidence of the QB but they certainly killed my confidence in Rosen being worth a 2nd round pick.

i still dont think we know 100% what we have in Rosen. MAYBE I'm a homer or maybe I'm bias because i was hoping we were able to draft him in 2018. Right now he has bust written on him with huge letters. But i would like to see him play behind a line where he's not getting killed. Maybe give him a clean pocket for 90% of the game and then maybe at some point he'll learn to improvise at other 10% of the time. Fitz was better suited for the team this year because he's learned to improvise over the years playing on some shitty teams and he has a swag about him that almost screams "**** it, lets try this".

Rosen acted like he had that chip on draft day being passed over repeatedly, but he only seems to have that mentality in interviews, not on the field or the sidelines. Maybe if he ever gets in the comfort zone on the field he can show some kind of emotion. THere is only one QB that had any kind of success that never showed emotion on the field and we had that guy about 2 years ago. The great ones show fire, fun, anger, all the good shoot, they arent just an emotionless robot. I'll be it, the Cutler season was pretty friggin awesome from a humor stand point because he didnt give a ****kkkkkkkk. Some positions you can be all "This is a job" but QB i feel it has to be "This is my team". Hopefully maybe one day Rosen can see a clean pocket before he's out of the league. I know every qb on every team wants that, but like i said, just give him a chance to get a little bit of confidence and judge him there.

Rosen will have a fair chance to compete. After that, let the chips fall where they may. If Rosen has learned anything we'll see it reflected on the field. If he hasn't improved then it's time to trade or cut but give him a fair chance.

he got benched early and never saw the field again, and they're taking a QB top 5. i'd say they're pretty sure.

yeah i said right now he has bust written all over him. I know we are going into the offseason with fitz pencilled in at qb1, and we need to draft a rookie QB at 5, but it would be nice to see him gain some confidence or a clean pocket even if in preseason to see if maybe he finds some sort of mojo, at least give him some trade value, or potential value to keep as our qb2. He's never had a chance to show any kind of remote consistency in a pocket. you can still win in the league with pocket QB's, hell even Brady would get flustered when he didnt have his pocket like he wanted it. Not comparing Rosen to Brady, they are world different, but pretty much the same style of passer

Our staff may feel that Rosen is better than Herbert. If that's the case why consider Herbert. Burrow is the guy Ross wants and he'll sign off on trading all the way to #1. If the Bengals want to make a deal Miami will give them a bounty of picks. Tua's injury problems make Burrow the better prospect as of today. Therefore, if you can go get him the Dolphins will. If the Bengals snag Burrow then Miami has to make sure that they don't get aced out by another team trading up for Tua. Right at the top of the draft will be major drama involving Miami and their QB of the future. Make a deal with the Bengals and get a healthy young stud at QB for a long time.

Things to worry about-#1-both Burrow and Tua played on what amounted to be All Star teams. How will they fair when they are not leading a vastly superior team? Will they fail like Love did last season when he lost a lot of weapons?
#2-the Dolphins draft Herbert and Herbert is Tannehill lite. That's a worry! #3- Dolphin's draft Tua and he gets re injured in training camp. That's a worry!! But, my BIGGEST WORRY-the whole season will be **** canned by the coronavirus! after we snag Burrow...Ouch! Final thought-if we don't draft Tua he will go on to have a Hall Of Fame career if we do draft him.....well you know. We're still the Dolphins!

The guy you gave up a 2nd rounder never got another shot despite the season being irrelevant ... (season wasn't irrelevant ... we built a foundation while learning how to win IMO)

We had a starting QB (Fitz) ... we "drafted" a QB in the 2nd round (trade/Rosen) ... the new guy wasn't ready so the veteran stayed put and here we are ...

Using a 2nd round draft choice for a QB isn't really unprecedented ... some of you act as if Rosen should be the guy just because he was drafted early ... this team needed help at many positions ... needed structure ... needed identity ... a team of players AND a team of coaches were brought in to overhaul and rebuild ...

Year 2 and we still have the veteran QB ... we used a 2nd round draft pick for a QB (Rosen) and the hope (fans) is he will be our starter this season ... back up plan is to draft another and see who our future leader will be ...

I'm not sure what many of you would have done with the 2nd round pick used for Rosen but .... in my mind whoever we pick instead of Rosen doesn't move the needle for attaining our QB of the future ... (most important position in football) ... we had a plan ... it didn't click (yet) and now we still have the same plan .... find a QB for the future ... in the meantime "fans" are busting balls because the first plan didn't "microwave" itself into fruition

The plan would have been better for us had Rosen lit it up out of the gate, obviously, but it rarely happens that a "rookie" QB is a game changer ....not in his first year (with a new team, new coaches and a new scheme to learn...
( AGAIN ....what is it now ... Rosens 3rd set of coaches and offensive scheme in 2 years ... young and fresh out of college into a pit of ever changing coaches and plans ... )
sprinkle in the fact that, as a team, the Dolphins weren't even constructed yet and the coaches were still trying to get on the same page as FLO .... ...

IMO expectations for Rosen were too high ... some of you talk as if Rosen should have been the 2nd coming of Mahomes (out of one side of your mouths) then say he has no business being drafted in the first round much less traded for with a 2nd pick (out of the other side lol)

Our tell will be during training camp .... to see how Rosen has developed after sitting behind Fitz for 12 or so games along with the film room and practices .... If he has developed as hoped he will be our starter this year ... if not we still have Fitz and a rookie QB to groom for next year ... it's really not as dramatic as some are saying ...

In the meantime we are building a team for whomever stands up behind center ..... BUILD THE TEAM .... THE QB WILL FOLLOW!

i still dont think we know 100% what we have in Rosen. MAYBE I'm a homer or maybe I'm bias because i was hoping we were able to draft him in 2018. Right now he has bust written on him with huge letters. But i would like to see him play behind a line where he's not getting killed. Maybe give him a clean pocket for 90% of the game and then maybe at some point he'll learn to improvise at other 10% of the time. Fitz was better suited for the team this year because he's learned to improvise over the years playing on some ****ty teams and he has a swag about him that almost screams "**** it, lets try this".

Rosen acted like he had that chip on draft day being passed over repeatedly, but he only seems to have that mentality in interviews, not on the field or the sidelines. Maybe if he ever gets in the comfort zone on the field he can show some kind of emotion. THere is only one QB that had any kind of success that never showed emotion on the field and we had that guy about 2 years ago. The great ones show fire, fun, anger, all the good shoot, they arent just an emotionless robot. I'll be it, the Cutler season was pretty friggin awesome from a humor stand point because he didnt give a ****kkkkkkkk. Some positions you can be all "This is a job" but QB i feel it has to be "This is my team". Hopefully maybe one day Rosen can see a clean pocket before he's out of the league. I know every qb on every team wants that, but like i said, just give him a chance to get a little bit of confidence and judge him there.
No QB in the NFL has a clean pocket for 90% of the game other than Dak Prescott and he's the only one even remotely close to that percentage. In order to succeed in the NFL you need to win plays even when things break down and there is pressure. I've said it a million times, but if a QB requires everything to be perfectly functional around him for him to look like he belongs, he doesn't.

Two years ago in Arizona when Rosen had a clean pocket, he STILL had the worst QB rating in the NFL.

The guy is garbage and yet people want to keep giving him chances. Why? Sunk fallacy cost? An unrelenting desire to root for the underdog?

I'll never understand it.

I don't understand why people want to get rid of Rosen now. It doesn't make sense. We know he has tons of skills. We know there's a great deal he does very well. If it turns out that the light has gone on for Rosen it's great for the Dolphins. He could beat out Fitz and the rook in camp and get the job or he could be out on his butt. He's cheap, let it play out. The kid is still super young at only 23. If we end up with Burrow it would be interesting to see who wins the job. If we trade ALL the way to #1 I'd expect Joe to start but time will tell. What if we draft Burrow but Rosen looks much better. That could happen.

Back
Top Bottom