Rosen stats | Page 3 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Rosen stats

Some qbs take a lil more time to get adjusted to the nfl. Not saying Rosen is brees, but brees wasnt exactly lighting the world on fire during his 1st 2 years with the chargers. This was while he had a hall of famer RB, a good Oline, a decent #1 wr, and a future hall of famer TE. Chargers ended up drafting Rivers after that 2nd season, and brees did turn it around his 3rd year but suffered that shoulder surgery. Rosen has the tools, so i think its a bit early to call him a bust when he hasnt really been put in a place to succeed

we prolly still draft a qb in the 1st round, but if like brees, rosens puts it together his 3rd year its a good problem to have.

Likely true. I don't if Rosen would have won many games down the stretch, but in the back of my mind I get the feeling he would have looked better than he did earlier.
Oh he would have. He just may not have had the experience yet to know when to tuck and run etc - little things that Fitz did because he’s a vet.

Some qbs take a lil more time to get adjusted to the nfl. Not saying Rosen is brees, but brees wasnt exactly lighting the world on fire during his 1st 2 years with the chargers. This was while he had a hall of famer RB, a good Oline, a decent #1 wr, and a future hall of famer TE. Chargers ended up drafting Rivers after that 2nd season, and brees did turn it around his 3rd year but suffered that shoulder surgery. Rosen has the tools, so i think its a bit early to call him a bust when he hasnt really been put in a place to succeed
we prolly still draft a qb in the 1st round, but if like brees, rosens puts it together his 3rd year its a good problem to have.
Waiting for Rosen to become a player like Brees is like waiting for a Kia to turn into a Ferrari California Spyder driven by Candice Swaenpoel wearing a sign "Second Blowjob is even better".

a qb who cant identify the mike by his second year in the nfl isnt going to suddenly "get it"

And if Ballage puts it together, it's a good problem to have.
And if Harris puts it together, it's a good problem to have.
etc
etc
True, but I would say the chances of either of those happening are somewhere between slim, and none.

I'd say it's more likely a guy like Taco breaks out, than Harris.

True, but I would say the chances of either of those happening are somewhere between slim, and none.

I'd say it's more likely a guy like Taco breaks out, than Harris.
My point is that wasting time hoping that someone looks like something other than trash is a waste of time and resources.

For every QB who looked bad two years into the league and turned it around, there are hundreds more that at best turned into 3rd stringers. At this point I'd rather keep Rudock over Rosen.

We had a starting QB (Fitz) ... we "drafted" a QB in the 2nd round (trade/Rosen) ... the new guy wasn't ready so the veteran stayed put and here we are ...

Using a 2nd round draft choice for a QB isn't really unprecedented ... some of you act as if Rosen should be the guy just because he was drafted early ... this team needed help at many positions ... needed structure ... needed identity ... a team of players AND a team of coaches were brought in to overhaul and rebuild ...

Year 2 and we still have the veteran QB ... we used a 2nd round draft pick for a QB (Rosen) and the hope (fans) is he will be our starter this season ... back up plan is to draft another and see who our future leader will be ...

I'm not sure what many of you would have done with the 2nd round pick used for Rosen but .... in my mind whoever we pick instead of Rosen doesn't move the needle for attaining our QB of the future ... (most important position in football) ... we had a plan ... it didn't click (yet) and now we still have the same plan .... find a QB for the future ... in the meantime "fans" are busting balls because the first plan didn't "microwave" itself into fruition

The plan would have been better for us had Rosen lit it up out of the gate, obviously, but it rarely happens that a "rookie" QB is a game changer ....not in his first year (with a new team, new coaches and a new scheme to learn...
( AGAIN ....what is it now ... Rosens 3rd set of coaches and offensive scheme in 2 years ... young and fresh out of college into a pit of ever changing coaches and plans ... )
sprinkle in the fact that, as a team, the Dolphins weren't even constructed yet and the coaches were still trying to get on the same page as FLO .... ...

IMO expectations for Rosen were too high ... some of you talk as if Rosen should have been the 2nd coming of Mahomes (out of one side of your mouths) then say he has no business being drafted in the first round much less traded for with a 2nd pick (out of the other side lol)

Our tell will be during training camp .... to see how Rosen has developed after sitting behind Fitz for 12 or so games along with the film room and practices .... If he has developed as hoped he will be our starter this year ... if not we still have Fitz and a rookie QB to groom for next year ... it's really not as dramatic as some are saying ...

In the meantime we are building a team for whomever stands up behind center ..... BUILD THE TEAM .... THE QB WILL FOLLOW!

The QB will follow could give you a Derrick Carr, Andy Dalton or Scott Mitchell. You wrote alot, but really didnt say anything.

Rosen has been outplayed by a Rookie and a 37 yr old journeyman. But let's keep taking a position of hope and change.

My point is that wasting time hoping that someone looks like something other than trash is a waste of time and resources.

For every QB who looked bad two years into the league and turned it around, there are hundreds more that at best turned into 3rd stringers. At this point I'd rather keep Rudock over Rosen.
I understand if ppl don't believe he will ever amount to anything. I even agree that, at this point, odds are not in his favor.

I don't really get what comes across as outright hate for the kid, though.

As of now, he doesn't cost much more than a roster spot, and I'll defer to coach Flo, as to when it isn't worth that spot on the 53.

I understand if ppl don't believe he will ever amount to anything. I even agree that, at this point, odds are not in his favor.

I don't really get what comes across as outright hate for the kid, though.

As of now, he doesn't cost much more than a roster spot, and I'll defer to coach Flo, as to when it isn't worth that spot on the 53.

Agree. There is no evidence he'll become top 10, but keeping him has no downside.

The QB will follow could give you a Derrick Carr, Andy Dalton or Scott Mitchell. You wrote alot, but really didnt say anything.

Rosen has been outplayed by a Rookie and a 37 yr old journeyman. But let's keep taking a position of hope and change.

To each his own my friend ...

Just because you got nothing from what I said doesn't speak for everybody but thanks for the reply ... to clear it up ... we don't know if the 2nd round pick used to get Rosen will bear fruit ... we don't know if it was a wasted pick ....

All I did was summarize where we are IMO without second guessing every move the FO has made ... We took a chance on Rosen and the story isn't told yet ... folks need to accept what it is and move on .... If he doesn't work out ... we tried ...

Still haven't heard from any naysayer what they would do with the pick ... (maybe they would have held onto it ... done nothing at QB last season and put the pick in their pocket to have more ammo to move up) I mean we got rid of T-hill and somebody needed to step in ...

It's like damned if you do and damned if you don't around here lol

What would you have done instead? Do you fault Miami for trying to improve?

Logical disconnect there.

I don't know what that means ... but thanks

Interesting that you cherry picked a portion of my post to respond .... I get it ... you disagree with my "BUILD THE TEAM .... THE QB WILL FOLLOW! " ... we can agree to disagree ... no biggie

we did nothing but "draft" a potential QB with a 2nd round pick with the hope he would be our QB ... nobody outside of the Dolphins KNOW what progress he made ... we will see

I don't know what that means ... but thanks

Interesting that you cherry picked a portion of my post to respond .... I get it ... you disagree with my "BUILD THE TEAM .... THE QB WILL FOLLOW! " ... we can agree to disagree ... no biggie

we did nothing but "draft" a potential QB with a 2nd round pick with the hope he would be our QB ... nobody outside of the Dolphins KNOW what progress he made ... we will see

That's pretty ironic because you also cherry picked a portion of my post when you quoted me.

Back
Top Bottom