Rosen | Page 7 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Rosen

I don’t think they changed the play calling I think they called the game according to that QBs skill set. And what they do best.

One was just at least half the time from an efficiency of ask sub par.

You may be right.

I never really know what plays were called and I can only surmise.

It was hard to see who was open due to the narrow camera angles, but when I could see open receivers in those same camera angles when Fritz came in, it seemed he had more open targets then Rosen. I presumed that was due to different play calling.

There may also be other answers. Play calling changes were my best guess at what was happening, based on the open receivers I saw. A flimsy base for presumption, yes, but it was the best information I had to make a judgment from.

In the end, I think we will know much more about Rosen's standing with the coaches after we see which players and which positions we addressed in the draft.

Go back and watch the Washington game. Same coaching. Same receivers. Same offensive line. Same day. Switch of QBs, drastically different results.

It was the Washington game that I was referring to in my original post.

I could not believe it when a Washington player got into the backfield just before Rosen received the snap. I was stunned!

Before he was drafted, Mora stated you can't be lazy with rosen because he will ask "why". The lazy coach comment was attributed directly to Rosne by some media outlets. There are no lazy coaches in the NFL. They are unemployed. Rosen's comment about "nine mistakes" taken in front of him in the draft was unnecessary. If he wants to use it as motivation, that is fine. He shouldn't have publicly buried the nine taken before him.

Thanks for the reply. It helped.

The legend of Josh Rosen. :lol: Can someone name one elite quality that Josh Rosen has? My god. I've never seen so many people advocating for someone that has shown so little in my entire life. If he wasn't a first round pick, he would be on a similar career arc as Nate Peterman.
well that all depends are we comparing him to you:guard:

Tua is elite which Rosen probably can never be. Nothing wrong with that they should look to get elite at the position though and why not have more eggs in the basket
I think there's a perception here that wanting to give Rosen a fair chance is equated to saying don't draft another quarterback. That hasn't been my reasoning. The posters that are screaming for him to be plane dropped are just irrational.

For sure. I'm defintely not cutting bait on the guy yet. Unless someone comes along with a nice trade offer (say a 3rd at least) I'm keeping him as my backup and hoping to develop him
I 100% agree. Even if we do ultimately cut ties you want the best possible return. That's the whole argument about drafting a quarterback every year

How much of Rosen's salary are we on the hook? I wouldn't just cut him outright. I still think somebody will give us something for him.

Couple of points in Rosen's favour.
Gailey tries to develop a running game and that was a major weakness for us last season. A solid running game would take the pressure off Rosen to a degree.
If Rosen does show some development, even if he is over shadowed by a draftee who does step up and start games he is still a cheap back up. It is some thing we will need in the future as If a rookie QB becomes the starter I think Fitz will retire at the end of next season or move to another team that may give him a chance to start again.

How much of Rosen's salary are we on the hook? I wouldn't just cut him outright. I still think somebody will give us something for him.
**** all.

There was never any consistency of qb play for 4 quarters witb rosen. Sure he’d put half’s together but it either wouldn’t dent the scoreboard or he’d play at a replace me level the other half.

and that last game he started I mean that was replace me level for 4 quarters qb play.

I’m not ready to just give up because he’s shown flashes but at the same time I’m not passing up qb when I’m in prime position to land one in the draft.

he hasn’t earned that witb his game play.
I don’t think I could have any semblance of an intelligent discussion with a post that supports passing on a QB because of Josh Rosen. That’s the nicest way I can put it.

I 100% agree. Even if we do ultimately cut ties you want the best possible return. That's the whole argument about drafting a quarterback every year

I see that comment here with some frequency. Do you want a QB with a legitimate chance of a starting (day 1) or would you be happy with a token QB (R7)?

*sigh* another Josh Rosen thread. If you guys can't tell that Flores doesn't really care for Rosen, overall.....then I guess just wait a few more months to see it for yourselves. We are drafting a QB in the 1st round.

Here’s what I believe is causing the dissonance:

Most people in this thread do NOT think that the Dolphins are choosing between drafting a QB Round 1 and keeping Rosen. They can absolutely do both. It would not be madness to keep 3 QB. It would also not be madness to draft Tua and put him on IR for 8 weeks, and make a decision on Rosen at the trade deadline.

Do I think Rosen is going to suddenly break out and become the next Tom Brady at this point? No. And the points about his progressions, lack of leadership, and body language are completely valid. But it’s also legit to say, “You know what? Rosen’s been dealt a lousy hand so far, let’s see if we can develop him.”

He costs next to nothing, he’s under team control the next two years, and there are far worse backups in the NFL. If that’s all he ever is, ok. But suggesting he should be cut or traded for nothing makes no sense without other unknown circumstances in play.

Couple of points in Rosen's favour.
Gailey tries to develop a running game and that was a major weakness for us last season. A solid running game would take the pressure off Rosen to a degree.
If Rosen does show some development, even if he is over shadowed by a draftee who does step up and start games he is still a cheap back up. It is some thing we will need in the future as If a rookie QB becomes the starter I think Fitz will retire at the end of next season or move to another team that may give him a chance to start again.

I honestly don't get the chants to kick the kid off the team at this point.
He's super young and super cheap. WTH?
As long as he's with the program and putting in the work to get better then why the hell not?

Fitz is only with the team 1 more year.
You carry Fitz, The rookie maybe Tua(start on IR) and Rosen.

I honestly don't get the chants to kick the kid off the team at this point.
He's super young and super cheap. WTH?
As long as he's with the program and putting in the work to get better then why the hell not?

Fitz is only with the team 1 more year.
You carry Fitz, The rookie maybe Tua(start on IR) and Rosen.

Exactly.

Now imagine if Rosen ends up starting a handful of those games behind an improved line with an improved running game and starts winning games. You think people might say, “Maybe it’s a good thing the Dolphins didn’t cut him?”

Back
Top Bottom