Rosen | Page 9 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Rosen

The legend of Josh Rosen. :lol: Can someone name one elite quality that Josh Rosen has? My god. I've never seen so many people advocating for someone that has shown so little in my entire life. If he wasn't a first round pick, he would be on a similar career arc as Nate Peterman.

Great arm.... was never coached well at any level as evidenced by him beginning to learn to recognize the “Mike” linebacker at Dolphins training camp.

Never has had any consistency in coaching and has had to learn a new offense ever year of his career going back to UCLA.

Was drafted onto the worst team in the NFL with an entire O-line who was on IR for most of his rookie starts....entire staff blown out after the season....and shortly after he started his first game he had a rookie OC.

Was traded to a team that gutted its roster (best two O-lineman) in order to set up 2020 and beyond.

Ryan Fitzpatrick did an amazing job behind an historically bad O-line and a team that literally couldn’t run the ball....but he is a 37 year old vet with tons of experience, not a 22 year old who was poorly coached.

The point is...we got him relatively cheap...his salary is low.... why not attempt to develop him?

The fact is he has true arm talent.... if he can “get” the mental part of the game... the Dolphins have an asset.

Last edited:
The children who want to slam the door on Rosen are just pouting / ranting because he didn't play at an executive level at 22-years-old behind an absolutely dysfunctional OL with ZERO run game support to complement his efforts.

I saw more than enough from Rosen in terms of pocket awareness, live arm, quick release and mobility to justify a much deeper (and longer) "evaluation" and subsequent coaching.

HE IS NOT TRASH! And the kid was thrown into just about the worst possible scenario to "prove" his chops and -- effectively forced to carry the team like a high-performance vet! It's just ridiculous to formulate a final judgment based on the circumstances he was subjected to.

Last, however good or bad Rosen's NFL career is going to be his projected success or failure rate is comparable to the shiny new QB objects available in the '20 draft! And counter to what others have said regarding Flores opinion on Rosen -- Flo was highly complimentary of Rosen's work and development throughout the season behind the scenes.

I just don't get how anyone can be a fan of the TEAM and not root for the kids development and hope that he is the answer @QB. And with that in mind -- realize he's super young with a lot of positive tools to work with -- IF ??? we surround him with a complimentary system and players.

Thank you...it’s refreshing to read some logical posts on here... there used to be a higher level of banter on here!

I think part of the reason for all the offensive coaching staff changes were due to their inability to coach/prepare a young qb. "We don't want this staff doing to Tua or whomever we draft in 2020 what they did to Rosen." Not saying some of it's not on Rosen's shoulders, but I don't think they felt that going with the young inexperienced coaching staff was the right way to groom a young qb. In fact I think when they built the young coaching staff they didn't plan on needing them to know how to groom a young qb and things changed in April when they traded for Rosen and they quickly learned they weren't prepared for that type of challange.

Last edited:
Rosen, all you need to know about Chris Grier and Flores.
It's about fkn around and stealing paychecks.

giphy.gif

Thank you...it’s refreshing to read some logical posts on here... there used to be a higher level of banter on here!
Sure, if you actually consider that logical.

"He's played terrible his entire career, but it's not his fault because he's got tools (that aren't used) and that I have seen enough of him to invest in (even though Flores saw enough of him to sit him on the bench for the rest of the season, even when we had nothing to play for)."

Going to be a real shock to a lot of you if that dude gets straight up cut this off-season.

"He's played terrible his entire career, but it's not his fault because he's got tools (that aren't used) and that I have seen enough of him to invest in (even though Flores saw enough of him to sit him on the bench for the rest of the season, even when we had nothing to play for)."

Going to be a real shock to a lot of you if that dude gets straight up cut this off-season.

Just curious . . . If his whole career was "terrible," how did no one beat him out in college, how did he get ranked R1 by all NFL experts, and how did he manage to start so many games?

Great arm.... was never coached well at any level as evidenced by him beginning to learn to recognize the “Mike” linebacker at Dolphins training camp.

Never has had any consistency in coaching and has had to learn a new offense ever year of his career going back to UCLA.

Was drafted onto the worst team in the NFL with an entire O-line who was on IR for most of his rookie starts....entire staff blown out after the season....and shortly after he started his first game he had a rookie OC.

Was traded to a team that gutted its roster (best two O-lineman) in order to set up 2020 and beyond.

Ryan Fitzpatrick did an amazing job behind an historically bad O-line and a team that literally couldn’t run the ball....but he is a 37 year old vet with tons of experience, not a 22 year old who was poorly coached.

The point is...we got him relatively cheap...his salary is low.... why not attempt to develop him?

The fact is he has true arm talent.... if he can “get” the mental part of the game... the Dolphins have an asset.
Holy crap, somebody with some logic!!!!!!!

Just curious . . . If his whole career was "terrible," how did no one beat him out in college, how did he get ranked R1 by all NFL experts, and how did he manage to start so many games?

Well UCLA isn't a super school for football recruits. It's so bad the best QBs in Cali joined Alabama and Clemson.

Being ranked R1 by nfl experts isn't a beacon of hope either..theres so many over drafted qbs that its almost laughable.

Why does he go 6-7 his Junior year right before he was drafted?
Why is he 3-13 in the NFL?
Why doesn't he win?
Why hasn't he hit 90 QB rating in a single professional game of his?

Why are your standards so low for QB play?

Well UCLA isn't a super school for football recruits. It's so bad the best QBs in Cali joined Alabama and Clemson.

Being ranked R1 by nfl experts isn't a beacon of hope either..theres so many over drafted qbs that its almost laughable.

Nice try. "Terrible players don't start ANYWHERE. Terrible QBs are, at best, UDFAs. Probably not that since they don't start in college. And, as you know, there are QBs ranked as R5 or worse, so if Rosen is "terrible, how bad are R5 guys?

No offense, but it's more likely you're being extreme with "terrible" or very bad at evaluation

Nice try. "Terrible players don't start ANYWHERE. Terrible QBs are, at best, UDFAs. Probably not that since they don't start in college. And, as you know, there are QBs ranked as R5 or worse, so if Rosen is "terrible, how bad are R5 guys?

No offense, but it's more likely you're being extreme with "terrible" or very bad at evaluation

Nah bro. Rosen is terrible. I don't care about his tools when his worst tool is the most important aspect of playing qb.

He's never been great..never in college nor so far in the NFL.

Please explain why the Dolphins would cut him.

Please explain why the Dolphins would cut him.
Because he isn't good enough? I don't know. Just because someone has talent coming out of college and is cheap is no reason for them to automatically occupy a roster spot. Even if you walk into next season with Fitz/Rosen/Tua on the roster, do you REALLY believe you're going to get good QB performances if Fitz goes down?

People get drafted high for potential all the time. The worst thing you can do is continually get tricked into thinking that it's going to have some payoff at the end.

This is the same logic that got us stuck with Tannehill for the better part of a decade. There’s always an excuse or a rationalization to excuse his poor performance. Great players play at a high level, period. If we aren’t seeing the high level of play, you look for it elsewhere.

I dont thing they should flat out cut him... Let him compete in camp and see what happens... There are still a couple ways for Rosen to bring value to the Fins, as a cheap backup, a couple of good showings in pre-season and a desparate team migh actually bring back something... Odds are pretty low IMO but he's not a liability until they have to make the final cuts. Thats when you really have to decide what to do with him...

Back
Top Bottom