Rosen | Page 11 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Rosen

All this hostility if not outright antagonism towards Rosen for some is over the top which makes me suspect that it has more to do with something else than with the reality that he's not had an ample time for a fair audition. :shrug:

This is still the guy that Mora called very smart and Mayock called the best pure pocket passer he's seen come out of college in a number of years.
So weird that Mayock didn't trade a 2nd rounder for him then last year. Maybe he thinks that Carr is the best pure pocket passer he's seen to come out of college in a decade by comparison?

As for Mora, he apparently didn't even teach him to identify the middle linebacker, so what does he really think about his intelligence?

So weird that Mayock didn't trade a 2nd rounder for him then last year. Maybe he thinks that Carr is the best pure pocket passer he's seen to come out of college in a decade by comparison?

As for Mora, he apparently didn't even teach him to identify the middle linebacker, so what does he really think about his intelligence?
What's the real reason you hate Rosen? No crosses on his cheeks?

Convenient but not near opinion-worthy as many draftniks, all having him go in the top 10, and some in the top 5
Every single year there are QBs that "all the draftniks" have going high and they turn out to be wrong. Is your opinion that they're all right about Rosen despite zero evidence to the contrary?

Every single year there are QBs that "all the draftniks" have going high and they turn out to be wrong. Is your opinion that they're all right about Rosen despite zero evidence to the contrary?
My opinion is that they instinctively and cognitively know more than both of us

This is just an insane argument to make. What exactly are you basing your opinion on? Since Rosen hasn't had any actual production thus far in his NFL career, this has to be based entirely on where he was drafted and that's it. That basis has gotten so many coaches and GMs fired it's ridiculous.

Off rip I'd take Bortles, Bridgewater (not on your list, for some reason you added their 3rd string QB... wonder why), Chase Daniel, Case Keenum, Tyrod Taylor, Matt Moore, Marcus Mariota, Nick Foles, and probably AJ McCaron. That's 9 which is easily more than 25%. That's not including some of the other guys who literally haven't even played yet in their careers that I might take over Rosen too if I had any sort of context.

I'd love for you to give me a legitimate argument for Rosen over ANY of the guys I just mentioned.

First - Teddy Bridgewater is no longer under contract. Now you no longer have to wonder why he wasn't on the list. I didn't check every contract on backups, but that one I knew, so I didn't include him.

You're welcome.

Second - if you're taking Matt Moore, Chase Daniel or AJ McCarron over Josh Rosen, then I feel pretty damned comfortable disagreeing with you about any and all things football.

Third - my opinion is based on Josh Rosen not even being close to a finished product. All of the "this is how we wasted 7 years on the 2019 NFL Comeback Player Of The Year Ryan Tannehill" arguments don't wash. Why not? Because we're not counting on him to be the QB of the future.

He's a luxury. A low-priced, zero-downside, all-upside luxury. He's younger than Joe Burrow, for Pete's sake. Cutting him is pure stupidity. Because God forbid the Dolphins actually do well for a few games and Fitzpatrick gets hurt...and the Dolphins have to turn to an overpriced, over-the-hill veteran. Did you see how well that worked out for the Eagles with Josh McCown?

Oh...and by the way...Josh McCown is also not under contract for next year, so my error there. Neither is Nate Sudfeld. The current Eagles backup QB is Kyle Lauletta. You're welcome. Do you know what else I found out about Josh McCown? Josh McCown...40 year-old Josh McCown, who couldn't throw a football through a glass window last year when he had to replace an injured Carson Wentz in the playoffs...cost the Eagles more last year than Rosen will cost the Dolphins next year.

Cutting Josh Rosen (again, unless he's a locker room cancer) is just abysmally stupid.

My opinion is that they instinctively and cognitively know more than both of us
Except that's false. These dudes get a boner any time the see a white pocket passer that looks somewhat competent in college. It's ingrained into the darkest recesses of their brains. They're also wrong a hell of a lot because sometimes they can't see the forest for the trees.

As an example, they made excuses for Josh Allen's completion percentage in college that offseason because he was throwing to Wyoming WRs and not NFL receivers while conveniently forgetting that he was also throwing against Wyoming-level corners too. I knew nothing else about Josh Allen because obviously I don't watch any Wyoming games, but I saw ONE stat that offseason by some website that gave a "projection" score to a QB and Allen's was negative. That's literally all it took. No QB with a negative score that was drafted in the first round ever worked out and all of the comparisons were guys like JP Losman and Kyle Boller. Sure enough Buffalo, lead by some moron who is getting 7 figures a year, trades up for him because he throws hard and what do you know? He still can't throw. Shocker. Now they're stuck with him until they can finally convince themselves that he's not it which is hopefully as long as we wasted with Tannehill.

But... but... but all the draftniks had him going in the first round!

Rosen meanwhile couldn't elevate his COLLEGE team enough to win... in a ****ing league that is basically whoever has the best QB wins, couldn't identify a middle linebacker (even though he's oh-so-smart), had multiple concussions because he was too dumb to read a defense and continually took a beating holding on to the ball so long, rubbed people the wrong way with his personality, and for some reason is a 1st rounder why? Because he has a pretty good arm even though he's football dumb.

So, you asked, and I could sure turn out to be wrong, but here's the thing. I'm only going off of what I've seen out of him for like 4 years now. You're basing everything on probable hope that he could maybe learn how to play QB all of a sudden, and mainly draft position.

Except that's false. These dudes get a boner any time the see a white pocket passer that looks somewhat competent in college. It's ingrained into the darkest recesses of their brains. They're also wrong a hell of a lot because sometimes they can't see the forest for the trees.

As an example, they made excuses for Josh Allen's completion percentage in college that offseason because he was throwing to Wyoming WRs and not NFL receivers while conveniently forgetting that he was also throwing against Wyoming-level corners too. I knew nothing else about Josh Allen because obviously I don't watch any Wyoming games, but I saw ONE stat that offseason by some website that gave a "projection" score to a QB and Allen's was negative. That's literally all it took. No QB with a negative score that was drafted in the first round ever worked out and all of the comparisons were guys like JP Losman and Kyle Boller. Sure enough Buffalo, lead by some moron who is getting 7 figures a year, trades up for him because he throws hard and what do you know? He still can't throw. Shocker. Now they're stuck with him until they can finally convince themselves that he's not it which is hopefully as long as we wasted with Tannehill.

But... but... but all the draftniks had him going in the first round!

Rosen meanwhile couldn't elevate his COLLEGE team enough to win... in a ****ing league that is basically whoever has the best QB wins, couldn't identify a middle linebacker (even though he's oh-so-smart), had multiple concussions because he was too dumb to read a defense and continually took a beating holding on to the ball so long, rubbed people the wrong way with his personality, and for some reason is a 1st rounder why? Because he has a pretty good arm even though he's football dumb.

So, you asked, and I could sure turn out to be wrong, but here's the thing. I'm only going off of what I've seen out of him for like 4 years now. You're basing everything on probable hope that he could maybe learn how to play QB all of a sudden, and mainly draft position.
You know Mahomes had a losing record at Texas Tech

Second - if you're taking Matt Moore... over Josh Rosen, then I feel pretty damned comfortable disagreeing with you about any and all things football.
Sure. Why wouldn't I rather have the guy that walked onto an 0-7 Dolphin team and won 6 games the rest of the season, or won games to clinch a playoff seeding vs a guy who was so bad he got sat because he was going to get himself killed while a 37 year old career journeyman who has played for every team in the league came in to run a two man show to near a top half of the league offense the second half of the season despite no offensive line and no running game?

You're a regular football guru.

The NFL average for QB rating per game is ~94. Please let me know once Rosen hits that mark in a single game. I know he's tried 16 times, so I feel like's due sooner or later.

You know Mahomes had a losing record at Texas Tech
When QB A has 53 TDs and QB B has 28 TDs and the team is bad, which one do you think is more responsible for the losing record?

I do and have been advocating for months for this. I believe we are in a unique position with the roster this year. We should carry 3 on the 53 and a 4th on PS.
I want QBs!!!

Exactamondo!!!! Fitz or Rosen starts Week 1. Or Rosen or Fitz back up. With a rookie as #3 (name here I really don't care who it is because he sitting for a year or two to be mentored and develop into a NFL starting QB). Also draft another QB in 6th or 7th round in 2020 (Sneed out of Montana is a good one) and keep Rudock too on PS. The more the merrier. Then next year 2021 you get 1, and so on and on. Each draft you get 1.

If its Tua in 2020 you (IR him)
#1 Fitz/Rosen
#2 Rosen/Fitz
#3 Rudock
#4 Tua (IR/PUP)
# 5 Sneed (PS)

If its someone else, make him #3 (healthy inactive) and develop him on 53 and keep Rudock and another on PS

BE SMART. BE EFFICIENT. GROW THE PROCESS. DEVELOP PLAYERS INTO STARS. ONE STEP AT A TIME.

Last edited:
Exactamondo!!!! Fitz or Rosen starts Week 1. Or Rosen or Fitz back up. With a rookie as #3 (name here I really don't care who it it is because he sitting for a year or two to be mentored and develop into a NFL starting QB). Also draft another QB in 6th or 7th round in 2020 (Sneed out of Montana is a good one) and keep Rudock too on PS. The more the merrier. Then next year 2021 you get 1, and so on and on. Each draft you get 1.

If its Tua in 2020 you (IR him)
#1 Fitz/Rosen
#2 Rosen/Fitz
#3 Rudock
#4 Tua (IR/PUP)
# 5 Sneed (PS)

If its someone else, make him #3 (healthy inactive) and develop him on 53 and keep Rudock and another on PS

BE SMART. BE EFFICIENT. GROW THE PROCESS. DEVELOP PLAYERS INTO STARS. ONE STEP AT A TIME.
Don't disagree in theory, but it's very rare (as in almost never) that more than 1 QB is kept on PS. There are only 10 spots. Look at how many poaition players, other than QB we used from tge PS last year.

Don't disagree in theory, but it's very rare (as in almost never) that more than 1 QB is kept on PS. There are only 10 spots. Look at how many position players, other than QB we used from the PS last year.

Fair enough. But, I wish we could keep more. Because I still think Rudock has potential to develop.

Sure. Why wouldn't I rather have the guy that walked onto an 0-7 Dolphin team and won 6 games the rest of the season, or won games to clinch a playoff seeding vs a guy who was so bad he got sat because he was going to get himself killed while a 37 year old career journeyman who has played for every team in the league came in to run a two man show to near a top half of the league offense the second half of the season despite no offensive line and no running game?

You're a regular football guru.

The NFL average for QB rating per game is ~94. Please let me know once Rosen hits that mark in a single game. I know he's tried 16 times, so I feel like's due sooner or later.

I've never claimed to be a football guru...but you're spectacularly bad at comprehension.

Can you show me one time where I said we should get rid of Fitzpatrick? I don't think that even remotely. I love Fitzpatrick.

However, I have said very, very specifically, that I am all for keeping Fitz AND Rosen...AND drafting Tua.

How is this difficult for you?

Back
Top Bottom