Rosen | Page 13 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Rosen

You have weird reaches for talking points. Literally the ENTIRE point of having a capable backup is for them to start games, unless you really want to keep Rosen around because he looks good practicing or he makes the team photo pop more so yes, it's about him starting games and him having the ability to win them.

In 16 starts, Rosen has 3 wins. He's played less than NFL average statistically in EVERY SINGLE ONE OF THEM. You balk at guys like Moore, McCarron etc, but with the season on the line, I'd be far more ok hoping that Matt Moore plays like 5 years ago than hoping the 17th time's the charm for Rosen.

And... another personally directed attack at me. I'm sure Vaark will mention it. (lol...)

I'll make you a deal then. You don't sarcastically call me a football guru, and I won't call you clueless. If you're really going to get all bunched about it, then try "don't start none, won't be none."

Okay?

Do you know what Matt Moore was doing when he was Rosen's age?

He had just finished up his junior season at Oregon State. AJ McCarron was getting ready for his senior season at Alabama.

Josh Rosen played against elite competition two years before that. If you're going to draw a comparison, at east make it SOMEWHAT fair. I don't care about Rosen's past. I care about what he can be in the future...because (again) the upside is completely worth a roster spot. These are all scratchoffs at this point, on a team that's got room for tons of them. Sometimes you get Robert Nkemdiche. Sometimes you get Preston Williams. But it's worth seeing it through.

I'll make you a deal then. You don't sarcastically call me a football guru, and I won't call you clueless. If you're really going to get all bunched about it, then try "don't start none, won't be none."

Okay?

Do you know what Matt Moore was doing when he was Rosen's age?

He had just finished up his junior season at Oregon State. AJ McCarron was getting ready for his senior season at Alabama.

Josh Rosen played against elite competition two years before that. If you're going to draw a comparison, at east make it SOMEWHAT fair. I don't care about Rosen's past. I care about what he can be in the future...because (again) the upside is completely worth a roster spot. These are all scratchoffs at this point, on a team that's got room for tons of them. Sometimes you get Robert Nkemdiche. Sometimes you get Preston Williams. But it's worth seeing it through.
You SHOULD care about his past as it's the greatest indicator for future performance. I'm not going to sweep his play under the rug just because he was drafted in the top 10 and gun to your head you're probably not going to expect him to turn out to be real good either. Hope is one thing and is the only reason why he'll probably still be on the roster next season, but call a spade a spade. He's been bad in the NFL. Was he too young? Was he not ready? Maybe, but statistically speaking he has a much higher chance to bust out at this point than turn into what was expected of him.

I'll cross my fingers and hope that we get lucky, but I'm not expecting anything at all out of him until he proves otherwise. I don't see a lot of threads on the forums with posters clamoring to give Ballage another chance to be our starting running back next year so the hypocrisy and excuses with Rosen bother me.

You SHOULD care about his past as it's the greatest indicator for future performance. I'm not going to sweep his play under the rug just because he was drafted in the top 10 and gun to your head you're probably not going to expect him to turn out to be real good either. Hope is one thing and is the only reason why he'll probably still be on the roster next season, but call a spade a spade. He's been bad in the NFL. Was he too young? Was he not ready? Maybe, but statistically speaking he has a much higher chance to bust out at this point than turn into what was expected of him.

I'll cross my fingers and hope that we get lucky, but I'm not expecting anything at all out of him until he proves otherwise. I don't see a lot of threads on the forums with posters clamoring to give Ballage another chance to be our starting running back next year so the hypocrisy and excuses with Rosen bother me.

Rosen has been absolutely been bad in the NFL. Tragic, even. No question.

But you can't compare RB to QB coming out of college. That's not hypocrisy, it's comparing apples to oranges, because the transition to the NFL is far easier for RB than QB. And you know this.

Why get rid of him, If anything i'd get rid of Fitzpatrick to be honest because at least with Rosen there is some upside to his game.. I don't believe he will suddenly become a franchise QB but with a good Oline and improved Running game he can absolutely increase his trade value and we recoupe some of the cost of him.

I've already said it though, If i were the coach i'd trade devante parker too as his value is at an all time high and likely won't be matched again Heck some team may trade a 1st or 2nd for him at this point. Its time we start getting the maximum instead of holding onto players with bloated contracts and diminishing returns.

Why get rid of him, If anything i'd get rid of Fitzpatrick to be honest because at least with Rosen there is some upside to his game.. I don't believe he will suddenly become a franchise QB but with a good Oline and improved Running game he can absolutely increase his trade value and we recoupe some of the cost of him.

I've already said it though, If i were the coach i'd trade devante parker too as his value is at an all time high and likely won't be matched again Heck some team may trade a 1st or 2nd for him at this point. Its time we start getting the maximum instead of holding onto players with bloated contracts and diminishing returns.

RF stays as the vet mentor

Nothing is his fault.

Someone overvalued him that was subsequently was fired for it.

He's young and cheap so he automatically deserves a roster spot.

Got it.

Dude... no one is saying he is a lock... he is on the cheap...a top prospect with a great arm... a smart GM attempts to develop him... nothing to lose.

So weird that Mayock didn't trade a 2nd rounder for him then last year. Maybe he thinks that Carr is the best pure pocket passer he's seen to come out of college in a decade by comparison?

As for Mora, he apparently didn't even teach him to identify the middle linebacker, so what does he really think about his intelligence?

Your gonna have to change your screen name if he blows up...lol....he is a cheap salary, with a great arm.... develop him!

Well UCLA isn't a super school for football recruits. It's so bad the best QBs in Cali joined Alabama and Clemson.

Being ranked R1 by nfl experts isn't a beacon of hope either..theres so many over drafted qbs that its almost laughable.

:lol:

giphy.gif

RF stays as the vet mentor
Yes because he has accomplished so much in his career, I guess if you want our next franchise QB learning to throw multiple TD's and Multiple pick 6's in the same game who better to learn from..

This isn't an Alex Smith type QB who plays the game smart your asking him to learn from.

Back
Top Bottom