Rosen | Page 12 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Rosen

I've never claimed to be a football guru...but you're spectacularly bad at comprehension.

Can you show me one time where I said we should get rid of Fitzpatrick? I don't think that even remotely. I love Fitzpatrick.

However, I have said very, very specifically, that I am all for keeping Fitz AND Rosen...AND drafting Tua.

How is this difficult for you?
I'M bad at comprehension?! Holy **** where did I mention anything about getting rid of Fitzpatrick?

I was clearly talking about Matt Moore... again. You know, the person I mentioned when responding to you.

omg...

I'M bad at comprehension?! Holy **** where did I mention anything about getting rid of Fitzpatrick?

I was clearly talking about Matt Moore... again. You know, the person I mentioned when responding to you.

omg...

You're right, I shouldn't have assumed that you were simply rambling about Fitzpatrick and incorrectly talking about what he did in 2019, after an 0-7 start.

Because that's remarkably less stupid than suggesting that Matt Moore...the same Matt Moore who came OUT OF RETIREMENT this year, after two years away from the game...is the same QB who did that NINE FREAKING YEARS AGO.

Just...as a point of reference:

Nine years ago, Josh Rosen was 13.

Nine years ago, the leading rushers in the league were Maurice Jones-Drew and Michael Turner. Why don't you give them a call? I'm sure they would be a killer backfield next year for the Dolphins, genius.

Good God. I can't believe you went there. Matt Moore over Josh Rosen? Get a clue. Please. I'm asking very nicely.

You're right, I shouldn't have assumed that you were simply rambling about Fitzpatrick and incorrectly talking about what he did in 2019, after an 0-7 start.

Because that's remarkably less stupid than suggesting that Matt Moore...the same Matt Moore who came OUT OF RETIREMENT this year, after two years away from the game...is the same QB who did that NINE FREAKING YEARS AGO.

Just...as a point of reference:

Nine years ago, Josh Rosen was 13.

Nine years ago, the leading rushers in the league were Maurice Jones-Drew and Michael Turner. Why don't you give them a call? I'm sure they would be a killer backfield next year for the Dolphins, genius.

Good God. I can't believe you went there. Matt Moore over Josh Rosen? Get a clue. Please. I'm asking very nicely.
The best part of this whole exchange, aside from your attempt at damage control, is that you think Josh Rosen is some sort of commodity that you're comparing against proven players who have actually produced at the NFL level.

Whatever, dudeski. I've been through this rodeo before with Fiedler, with Henne, with Tannehill, with all of the garbage QBs that fans clasped onto for hope lest their psyches fell apart. They needed hindsight to see the caliber of player they were defending. Guess you do too.

We'll reconvene when he's not on the team anymore.

The best part of this whole exchange, aside from your attempt at damage control, is that you think Josh Rosen is some sort of commodity that you're comparing against proven players who have actually produced at the NFL level.

Whatever, dudeski. I've been through this rodeo before with Fiedler, with Henne, with Tannehill, with all of the garbage QBs that fans clasped onto for hope lest their psyches fell apart. They needed hindsight to see the caliber of player they were defending. Guess you do too.

I'll say it one more time, for the cheap seats.

I'm not comparing Rosen to Tannehill. Or Fiedler. Or Henne. I stated that very clearly.

And this isn't damage control. It's pointing out that you're creating a straw man. If you don't know what that is, I can teach you.

I don't think Josh Rosen should be the STARTER. I just don't think they should CUT him. That's my only assertion. Say it with me now. You can do it. I think.

I'll say it one more time, for the cheap seats.

I'm not comparing Rosen to Tannehill. Or Fiedler. Or Henne. I stated that very clearly.

And this isn't damage control. It's pointing out that you're creating a straw man. If you don't know what that is, I can teach you.

I don't think Josh Rosen should be the STARTER. I just don't think they should CUT him. That's my only assertion. Say it with me now. You can do it. I think.
It's not a straw man when you list me every backup in the league and then propose that you'd rather have Rosen as a backup than all but 3-4 of them, ask me how many I'd take over him, and when I list far more than 25% you say I'm clueless. Then we're talking about Rosen as a backup.

Get it? Should probably know what a straw man is before assuming that I don't. I've mentioned plenty of times on this forum, including in THIS thread, that I'd keep Rosen and let him compete next offseason. I said that a lot would be shocked if he just got straight up cut. I wouldn't be, but I guess that's just your superior reading comprehension failing you again.

You keep trying to play the "I'm smarter than you" game and it's not working. Try another schtick.

Ooops, sorry wrong thread... :rolleyes:
View attachment 35630

Context is lost on many.

Lesson learned.

Yes it is

If that happens , as a volume agendist, do you think by that point you'll be carrying your own weight on FH or still depending on those you belittle to underwrite your opinions.

If that happens , as a volume agendist, do you think by that point you'll be carrying your own weight on FH or still depending on those you belittle to underwrite your opinions.
Seems to me there are plenty on this forum that both share and converse with my opinions positively.

As for belittling, probably should pay attention to the rest of the thread for the examples of people calling out my intelligence personally, but you won't ever mention that.

You seem awful grumpy all the time. Did you leave your sense of humor back in 2012?

It's not a straw man when you list me every backup in the league and then propose that you'd rather have Rosen as a backup than all but 3-4 of them, ask me how many I'd take over him, and when I list far more than 25% you say I'm clueless. Then we're talking about Rosen as a backup.

Get it? Should probably know what a straw man is before assuming that I don't. I've mentioned plenty of times on this forum, including in THIS thread, that I'd keep Rosen and let him compete next offseason. I said that a lot would be shocked if he just got straight up cut. I wouldn't be, but I guess that's just your superior reading comprehension failing you again.

You keep trying to play the "I'm smarter than you" game and it's not working. Try another schtick.

Okay, here you go. Ready?

If you are suggesting you would rather have Matt Moore as a backup than Josh Rosen in 2020, then yes, I'm saying you're clueless. Or, as I specifically stated, I feel comfortable disagreeing with you about all things football.

NOW: A "straw man."

A straw man is...quick Google search for you: "Straw man occurs when someone argues that a person holds a view that is actually not what the other person believes. ... So, instead of attacking the person's actual statement or belief, it is the distorted version that is attacked."

Fiedler: Starter. Henne: Starter. Tannehill: Starter.

I don't believe Rosen should be the starter. AGAIN...I believe cutting him is stupid. That's it. That's the entire argument I'm posing.

But, you know...if you need to try to suggest I'm doing something other than that for the purposes of damage control, have at it.

Last edited:
Seems to me there are plenty on this forum that both share and converse with my opinions positively.

As for belittling, probably should pay attention to the rest of the thread for the examples of people calling out my intelligence personally, but you won't ever mention that.

You seem awful grumpy all the time. Did you leave your sense of humor back in 2012?

At least his sense of humor would be more recent than Matt Moore being competent.

Okay, here you go. Ready?

If you are suggesting you would rather have Matt Moore as a backup than Josh Rosen in 2020, then yes, I'm saying you're clueless. Or, as I specifically stated, I feel comfortable disagreeing with you about all things football.

NOW. A "straw man."

A straw man is...quick Google search for you: "Straw man occurs when someone argues that a person holds a view that is actually not what the other person believes. ... So, instead of attacking the person's actual statement or belief, it is the distorted version that is attacked."

Fiedler: Starter. Henne: Starter. Tannehill: Starter.

I don't believe Rosen should be the starter. AGAIN...I believe cutting him is stupid. That's it. That's the entire argument I'm posing.

But, you know...if you need to try to suggest I'm doing something other than that for the purposes of damage control, have at it.
You have weird reaches for talking points. Literally the ENTIRE point of having a capable backup is for them to start games, unless you really want to keep Rosen around because he looks good practicing or he makes the team photo pop more so yes, it's about him starting games and him having the ability to win them.

In 16 starts, Rosen has 3 wins. He's played less than NFL average statistically in EVERY SINGLE ONE OF THEM. You balk at guys like Moore, McCarron etc, but with the season on the line, I'd be far more ok hoping that Matt Moore plays like 5 years ago than hoping the 17th time's the charm for Rosen.

And... another personally directed attack at me. I'm sure Vaark will mention it. (lol...)

Back
Top Bottom