Rosen | Page 5 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Rosen

There was never any consistency of qb play for 4 quarters witb rosen. Sure he’d put half’s together but it either wouldn’t dent the scoreboard or he’d play at a replace me level the other half.

and that last game he started I mean that was replace me level for 4 quarters qb play.

I’m not ready to just give up because he’s shown flashes but at the same time I’m not passing up qb when I’m in prime position to land one in the draft.

he hasn’t earned that witb his game play.

I watched some film and guess what I saw. The defense was at him before he got the ball in at least 2 occasions and were at his throat in under 2 seconds in most cases. When he did have time, it appeared no one was open.

By the time they took him out, it appears we had changed our play calling based on what had transpired during the game. The new play calls were more effective, from what I could see. The receivers were getting open.

The legend of Josh Rosen. :lol: Can someone name one elite quality that Josh Rosen has? My god. I've never seen so many people advocating for someone that has shown so little in my entire life. If he wasn't a first round pick, he would be on a similar career arc as Nate Peterman.

Rosen has one clearly elite quality. He is giving the lemmings here verbal apoplexy.

Ideally and sadly with Tua you have to think of a good back-up in place. In an ideal world it would be phenomenal for Rosen to make huge progress and at minimum full-fill that role.

Have you considered that he may have already made that "huge progress" since he last played?

The HC was complimentary about his efforts, for whatever that kind of comment is worth. Someone here has already pointed out that who and which positions we draft for will tell us more about Rosen's situation then anything we are coming up with at this point in time!

Tua is elite which Rosen probably can never be. Nothing wrong with that they should look to get elite at the position though and why not have more eggs in the basket

There’s a saying about the greatest ability being availability.

Tua can be the most elite QB in the history of the world but if the dude keeps getting hurt it won’t matter.

Aaron Rodgers was the 24th pick in the draft and he had no injury history. Spending the number 5 pick on an often injured player coming off a hip injury is ludicrous to me.

There’s a saying about the greatest ability being availability.

Tua can be the most elite QB in the history of the world but if the dude keeps getting hurt it won’t matter.

Aaron Rodgers was the 24th pick in the draft and he had no injury history. Spending the number 5 pick on an often injured player coming off a hip injury is ludicrous to me.
There's a reason why you bring up Aaron Rodgers and not a more recent example, because you're grasping at extremes here to somehow prove a point.

By your logic, I should just hold off on a QB until the 6th round because of Tom Brady. Or I may as well just ignore drafting one altogether and check out the XFL for QBs because of Kurt Warner.

THAT is ludicrous.

I am interested in finding out how you learned about his attitude?

Before he was drafted, Mora stated you can't be lazy with rosen because he will ask "why". The lazy coach comment was attributed directly to Rosne by some media outlets. There are no lazy coaches in the NFL. They are unemployed. Rosen's comment about "nine mistakes" taken in front of him in the draft was unnecessary. If he wants to use it as motivation, that is fine. He shouldn't have publicly buried the nine taken before him.

I watched some film and guess what I saw. The defense was at him before he got the ball in at least 2 occasions and were at his throat in under 2 seconds in most cases. When he did have time, it appeared no one was open.

By the time they took him out, it appears we had changed our play calling based on what had transpired during the game. The new play calls were more effective, from what I could see. The receivers were getting open.
Go back and watch the Washington game. Same coaching. Same receivers. Same offensive line. Same day. Switch of QBs, drastically different results.

There's a reason why you bring up Aaron Rodgers and not a more recent example, because you're grasping at extremes here to somehow prove a point.

By your logic, I should just hold off on a QB until the 6th round because of Tom Brady. Or I may as well just ignore drafting one altogether and check out the XFL for QBs because of Kurt Warner.

THAT is ludicrous.

So you are compring drafting a franchise qb in the back half of the first round to drafting the greatest player of all time in the 6th? Or to getting a franchise qb from the xfl? lol

I don’t think they changed the play calling I think they called the game according to that QBs skill set. And what they do best.

One was just at least half the time from an efficiency of ask sub par.

It's really funny that some around here believe in the "super hero" QB mythology
whereby all you need (as a TEAM) is an "elite" (whatever that nebula defines) QB
and presto! you're good to rock and roll for the next 10 years!

But......... It's football. Not tennis.

So you are compring drafting a franchise qb in the back half of the first round to drafting the greatest player of all time in the 6th? Or to getting a franchise qb from the xfl? lol
What's the difference? In every single case it was nothing but luck. What I'm trying to get at is using a lucky example as a strategy is what is ludicrous.

What's ludicrous to many around here is the idea we literally sell out
our stash of premium draft picks and "trade up" from #5 to select
damaged goods that is (at best) highly suspect in durability terms
let alone the fact the kid's PRO career may NEVER GET OFF
THE GROUND!

"Yeah but... He's elite!"

Really???

Oh yeah. That's a fantastic wager. Super smart use of our premium
assets! I'm sure 9 out of 10 GMs would jump at the chance to do
just that!

Let alone the FACT there are numerous alternative possibilities to
add QB talent to the roster -- and AT THE SAME TIME use those
premium picks on top shelf talent to address the overall TEAM needs!

No. That's stupid! Let's sell the farm for one super-sized fantasy and
just live with the irreparable consequences!

My opinion. Of course!

:lol:

The legend of Josh Rosen. :lol: Can someone name one elite quality that Josh Rosen has? My god. I've never seen so many people advocating for someone that has shown so little in my entire life. If he wasn't a first round pick, he would be on a similar career arc as Nate Peterman.
[/QUOTE ]
Please update your resume for Grier's job. You and TannenBum can rest easy then...

Back
Top Bottom