Rosen | Page 4 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Rosen

The children who want to slam the door on Rosen are just pouting / ranting because he didn't play at an executive level at 22-years-old behind an absolutely dysfunctional OL with ZERO run game support to complement his efforts.

I saw more than enough from Rosen in terms of pocket awareness, live arm, quick release and mobility to justify a much deeper (and longer) "evaluation" and subsequent coaching.

HE IS NOT TRASH! And the kid was thrown into just about the worst possible scenario to "prove" his chops and -- effectively forced to carry the team like a high-performance vet! It's just ridiculous to formulate a final judgment based on the circumstances he was subjected to.

Last, however good or bad Rosen's NFL career is going to be his projected success or failure rate is comparable to the shiny new QB objects available in the '20 draft! And counter to what others have said regarding Flores opinion on Rosen -- Flo was highly complimentary of Rosen's work and development throughout the season behind the scenes.

I just don't get how anyone can be a fan of the TEAM and not root for the kids development and hope that he is the answer @QB. And with that in mind -- realize he's super young with a lot of positive tools to work with -- IF ??? we surround him with a complimentary system and players.

And if he'd played well, the narrative would be 'just think how much better the team would be with Tua.' Agendas distort reality.

And if he'd played well, the narrative would be 'just think how much better the team would be with Tua.' Agendas distort reality.
Tua is elite which Rosen probably can never be. Nothing wrong with that they should look to get elite at the position though and why not have more eggs in the basket

Tua is elite which Rosen probably can never be. Nothing wrong with that they should look to get elite at the position though and why not have more eggs in the basket

teams don't draft POSSIBLE elite QBs when they have a young top 10 QB in house. There may be exceptions, but that's why they're called 'exceptions.' In this case, Tua is NOT elite. He's projected by some to be elite, but he doesn't come with a guarantee. Rosen, nor any QB, has to be elite. Just 'top' QB. Even better, he doesn't have to be top. He just has to satisfy Flo.

That said, I expect a R1 QB pick and have doubts about Rosen. Nonetheless, had Rosen played well, I doubt there would be a discussion here except for the Tua-obsessed.

There is my problem with Rosen - mental quickness. Even his detractors admit he has the physical tools. Can he gain the mental quickness. I'm confident he can improve. A common comment to many players in year 2 or 3 is the game slowed down for him. The game WILL slow down for him. My uncertainty is HOW MUCH will it slow down? He could reach his maximum mental quickness and still not be quick enough. He could reach his maximum mental quickness and be a top 10 QB. No one knows. I think it's save to say, if Miami passes on a R1 QB, Flo and staff think he can be the guy. If they select a top 3 QB, they likely don't.
For sure. I'm defintely not cutting bait on the guy yet. Unless someone comes along with a nice trade offer (say a 3rd at least) I'm keeping him as my backup and hoping to develop him

*sigh* another Josh Rosen thread. If you guys can't tell that Flores doesn't really care for Rosen, overall.....then I guess just wait a few more months to see it for yourselves. We are drafting a QB in the 1st round.

rosen has shown absolutely nothing that is close to being worth holding off on the process of finding a QB. nothing.

he's shown himself to throw nice spirals down the sidelines and occasionally attack the middle of the field....and that's only for quarters at a time

i get it. he's young. he's got arm talent. he's grown up a QB. 5 star prospect. got it.

the issue is he's a bit of an odd duck, and mentally the game seems to be speeding up for him not slowing down...it impacts his decision making and creates gap in his field vision

he doesn't have physical attributes to make up for it. fitzpatrick played with that same **** o line and could hold it down. i get it, he's a vet...but it's not like he's some superstar qb.

rosen's career isn't done by any means but if a team is going to postpone finding a qb to try and develop josh rosen well that team is run by idiots

Like him or not, Rosen just may not be the best fit for this team. Beyond being a veteran, I think Fitz was able to perform far better than Rosen because he's a far better fit here. Fitz can buy time and scramble, that helps with our poor blocking. And then on the flip side, Fitz's lack of arm talent doesn't hurt this team as much because of our big and talented receiving options. Those guys can win the 50 50 balls and help with a QB who lacks arm talent and ball placement. Also this team seemed to respond well to on the field leadership. I don't know if every team needs that but this one might. And Fitz has it while its seems Rosen doesn't.

Now maybe if you fix the offensive line then Rosen begins to develop and flourish. Maybe confidence can help him become a leader. But it will take a lot of resources and luck to fix the entire offensive line. And then we still have one of the worst defenses in the league to fix. Might just be smarter to let Rosen go to a team that he fits better, and for us to bring in a QB that fits our team better.

I've stated several times I am no fan of Rosen. Most of these reasons are because of his attitude. Physically, I think he has tools. However, he is slightly built and I fear he will have durability issues. That said, I think it is unfair to grade him based on his few appearances this season and his work last year with an awful Cardinals team (with an O-line that wasn't even average). He gets an incomplete thus far. I hope he has a decent career somewhere other than Miami. But to completely write him off now is a little premature.

I am interested in finding out how you learned about his attitude?

teams don't draft POSSIBLE elite QBs when they have a young top 10 QB in house. There may be exceptions, but that's why they're called 'exceptions.' In this case, Tua is NOT elite. He's projected by some to be elite, but he doesn't come with a guarantee. Rosen, nor any QB, has to be elite. Just 'top' QB. Even better, he doesn't have to be top. He just has to satisfy Flo.

That said, I expect a R1 QB pick and have doubts about Rosen. Nonetheless, had Rosen played well, I doubt there would be a discussion here except for the Tua-obsessed.
When you find one that does, let me know

I think some people are being just a tad over confident with the prospect of Rosen becoming anything more than a backup at this point.

How can I put this nicely... If Rosen was your 401K, you'd all be like

You can be nicer then that!

Back
Top Bottom