Rosenhaus says Fins will go for Rivers in Draft | Page 5 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Rosenhaus says Fins will go for Rivers in Draft

Originally posted by Sal Lisitano
CW...I know that Miami has needs. I'm not a homer at all...I love the Fins but I know that they need some upgrades...the reason for my original post was because someone had said that the fins need a lot of help and that the Bills don't need much help...c'mon!!!

You bills fans are the ones sounding like homers. and we swept you and finished 10-6...not bad.

The Fins blew some games this year...we could have made it to the playoffs...but did not.

i'm just stating that if you bills fans think that miami needs help...you guys better check yourself first.

you guys came in here predicting that the Bills would make it to the superbowl and than you call me a homer!!!

okay makes sense oh ya by the way your...

bills suck!!!
we had a stretch where we lost 4 games by a total of 11 points!!!

at Dallas, 10-6: Bledsoe fumble set up their only td, all we need was one TD drive.
Houston, 12-10: once again, one good drive the whole game would've won it.
Indianapolis, 17-14: were up 14-3 in the fourth..Lindell missed a field goal as well
at Tennessee, 28-26: ref blew the call on bobby shaw 2-point conversion.
that's a 4 game swing right there....and it doesn't go both ways with us, cuz all our wins were decisive wons.
You guys can make the argument that you couldve won some close games, but you also couldve lost a few: Balto, Wash, even Jax was on your 2 yard line late, with the score 17-10....
we went 5-1 in games where we scored atleast 15 points.
Coaching killed us Sal, not player personnel
Houston

One thing you have to remember about QBs.....just because they are projected to be picked in the 20's around this time, doesn't mean they will still be considered the same kind of prospect a week before the draft.

I remember 2 years ago hearing that Harrington would be a decent pick at 24(?) for us, but before the draft he turned into a top 3 prospect(not only in the Lions' eyes either, many teams would have taken him that high).

Even stretching back a few years before that in 99 I believe, people were projecting us to take Edge at the bottom of round 1, thing is, he turned into the #4 pick that year.

It happens every year, certain players just skyrocket up the charts after the combine/personal workouts so don't be suprised if either Rivers or Losman is a top 10 pick by then.

Starnger things have happened.

I STILL think we should only go for a QB in round one IF we have two first rounders. Ill say it again... we need someone that can produce NOW and its very unlikely a rookie QB can. Either way we will still need to get a Vet QB too.. so we should go for a good WR like Clayton because he can probably help immediately and not only in the WR position but ALSO a kick returner which we also need because Rogers only lays eggs.

Originally posted by Spikes
It's going to be hard for him to be there at 20 if his stock keeps going up.

Let's say no one in lots 1-18 takes him...

Everyone knows the Fins want him at 20...so anyone from 21 down could trade in front of that to snag him.

I don't know what the chances are of him lasting to 20...especially when people figure out that Roethlisberger should not be a top 3 pick.

I agree!!!!!!!!

Why should he not be? Do you have any reason to back that up or is it just that he is a bit raw.

CW...

Jax game...we controlled that game...24-10...if you call that close...I disagree. The Baltimore game...Olindo missed another FG...that game should not have gone into OT. We moved the ball on the Ravens but could not punch it in. The Skins game...well Miami finally woke up before it was too late!!!

We should have won the Texans game...you want to talk about blown calls...Ricky takes it to the house (40 + yards) and the refs call that back because of a holding call against Randy...are you kidding me...the refs even said that they screwed that one up the next day...that would have blown the game up for the Fins.

Oh and Olindo missed two fg vs. the Pats...that should have been over also...so I have just as many "what ifs" as you do.

The Bills D was solid all year...and your coaching was just as bad as ours.

I know what your saying and I got your point but I just can't see Drew leading your team to anything good...I think Drew is all done!!!

Moulds was hurt but losing Price was even more of a loss imo.

You think T. Henry wants to play for you guys??? I doubt it....will he...I doubt it!!! I have a feeling he'll end up w/ the Titans.

Go Fins!!!

CW...

Jax game...we controlled that game...24-10...if you call that close...I disagree. The Baltimore game...Olindo missed another FG...that game should not have gone into OT. We moved the ball on the Ravens but could not punch it in. The Skins game...well Miami finally woke up before it was too late!!!

We should have won the Texans game...you want to talk about blown calls...Ricky takes it to the house (40 + yards) and the refs call that back because of a holding call against Randy...are you kidding me...the refs even said that they screwed that one up the next day...that would have blown the game up for the Fins.

Oh and Olindo missed two fg vs. the Pats...that should have been over also...so I have just as many "what ifs" as you do.

The Bills D was solid all year...and your coaching was just as bad as ours.

I know what your saying and I got your point but I just can't see Drew leading your team to anything good...I think Drew is all done!!!

Moulds was hurt but losing Price was even more of a loss imo.

You think T. Henry wants to play for you guys??? I doubt it....will he...I doubt it!!! I have a feeling he'll end up w/ the Titans.

Go Fins!!!
Henry is the man here...Willis hasn't even shown that he can walk yet, so enough of that speculation. When the playcalling is balanced(as it's spposed to be), Bledsoe is deadly with the playaction. Mularkey ran the #1 rushing offense in his first year as OC. Now with McNally on board, we will re-establish the running game. I mean, come on guys...do you really think they are just going to drop back and wing it again, like the previous regime? You had bad coaching, but we had the WORST.

btw, the Baltimore game could've been a loss...the game went into overtime and they fumbled away the game to you guys. Kickers miss kicks...
and you should've won the Texans game?....you got dominated in that game...if it werent for 2 amazing plays by chambers it wouldn't of looked that close

Last edited by a moderator:
Yes...coaching does make a difference but you need players...and as I see it...the Bills don't have many players...again that's just my opinion.

I just thought it was funny how bills fans come in here saying that Miami needs a lot of help to finfans who's team swept them and finished 10-6 instead of 6-10 and 4-2 in our division record.

if you say that we need a lot of help...i'm saying that the Bills need a freakin miracle...that's all!!!

Yes...coaching does make a difference but you need players...and as I see it...the Bills don't have many players...again that's just my opinion.

I just thought it was funny how bills fans come in here saying that Miami needs a lot of help to finfans who's team swept them and finished 10-6 instead of 6-10 and 4-2 in our division record.

if you say that we need a lot of help...i'm saying that the Bills need a freakin miracle...that's all!!!
Well, we have already done well without adding a player: addition by subtraction: Dumb and Dumber are gone.
Also, we added a good line coach.
You guys haven't been as lucky:
You extend wanny
Norv is gone

But you did get Sullivan, which was a good move...trestman was a good qbs coach pickup, but OC i'm not sure

if it wasn't for two amazing plays by chambers we would have been blown out by the Texans???

oh...so I guess by making plays and being successful at making them because it happenned they now qualify as oh you guys should have lost if it was not for his plays...give me a break!!!

and ya...we should have won the Texans game...the refs really screwed us bad...RW had a TD 40 + yards...that would have been game over...that just gave the Texans new life.

and about kickers missing kicks...i can't argue with that...you should know!!!

S.N. wide right!!!

Go Fins!!!

if it wasn't for two amazing plays by chambers we would have been blown out by the Texans???

oh...so I guess by making plays and being successful at making them because it happenned they now qualify as oh you guys should have lost if it was not for his plays...give me a break!!!

and ya...we should have one the Texans game...

and about kickers missing kicks...i can't argue with that...you should know!!!

S.N. wide right!!!

Go Fins!!!
yeah, Norwood missed a win-or-lose last second SB field goal...wasnt the wind, wasn't anything, just missed it.
I love that dirt infield excuse though. That excuse is about as convincing as Dustin Diamond's acting.

if you look back at my posts...after OM missed those two fg vs. the Pats...I said no damn excuses...just look and you'll see that I made no excuse for him at all.

i bet that he's the highest paid kicker in the nfl...and he sure did not play like it this past season!!!

CW...I really not a homer...i know that my fins need help and that this teams D is getting old really quick.

Its just that I love this team and i'm sure that you love you bills.

the bills have messed up big time...4 sb losses is horrible not to mention that they were all consecutive losses.

the thing worse than that was that they beat miami in the playoffs during thoses sb runs. the bills have caused me much pain...afc champ. game in miami...gosh that hurt!!!

so...i have a chance to talk a little smack and i'm going to take advantage of the opportunity.

believe me...i've takin plenty of smack from bills fans before...even last year so its only fair that i give some back...the worst thing is...

i have to listen to those obnoxious pats fans now!!! who imo are much worse than bills fans...they have no class becasue they never really knew how it felt to win.

Go Fins!!!

No the Texans did dominate us if you look back at that game. It was Chambers who kept us close.

if you look back at my posts...after OM missed those two fg vs. the Pats...I said no damn excuses...just look and you'll see that I made no excuse for him at all.

i bet that he's the highest paid kicker in the nfl...and he sure did not play like it this past offseason!!!
season you mean;)
i think vanderjagt may be the highest paid kicker..not sure though

Back
Top Bottom