Rotoworld- Dolphins trying to sign smith at $8 million per year | Page 3 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Rotoworld- Dolphins trying to sign smith at $8 million per year

You truly have no clue what you are talkinga bout. Smith not physically as talented as Matt Moore? Smith is head and shoulders more athletic than Matt Moore . . . I mean is this a joke or something?

In what age is a starting QB that leads his team to the NFC championship game not worth more than a backup QB with 2 starts under his belt?

Come on man, I know you're frustrated, but you are better than that.
I think thats a quote from rotoworld not his opinion

an

any qb in the freaking league would be a backup to aaron rodgers, even drew brees. Matt flynn has what it takes to be a franchise qb and we are going to see him light it up in seattle and regret passing on him, mark it down. its the drew brees situation all over again.
lmao! i think ive heard it all now. today ive heard people compare flynn to rodgers and brady and now..... brees. could some please let me know where , when and what they have seen out of flynn to warrant these types of claims. i mean cmon, there is nothing to go by , what are you guys looking at? his stubbly beard, twinkle in his eye, the way he dresses? what are you guys seeing that i am not?

Part of the appeal with Flynn was the hidden potential because of his limited exposure. Alex Smith is a very known quantity. No NFL bust has ever gotten as many chances as he has. You'd rather shoot for a wildcard than settle for someone you know is not good enough. Not to mention Flynn's contract with Seattle is perfect. You pay him to be a starter which he has to be, but if he busts you haven't committed that much money to him and can get out of it easily.

Who the heck cares what the annual money is anyways? The guarantee will be like 10 million and that's on Ross not our salary cap. If he flops and we end up with the first pick we waive his ass. End of story.

Alex Smith - QB - 49ers

According to the Denver Post, the Dolphins are currently negotiating a contract with free agent Alex Smith that would pay him $8 million annually.

The Dolphins are so desperate, after losing out on Peyton Manning and Matt Flynn, that they're now willing to significantly overpay a borderline NFL starter at near the level of franchise quarterback money. Matt Flynn only got $6.33M annually from the Seahawks. Smith isn't as physically talented as incumbent Dolphins starter Matt Moore, and he's certainly not worth more than Flynn. At this point, it's almost like the Fins are trying to sign a quarterback, just to sign a quarterback.

Flynn signed for 3 years at $26M. You should check your math.

I think thats a quote from rotoworld not his opinion

It was. This entire portion was from Rotoworld:

The Dolphins are so desperate, after losing out on Peyton Manning and Matt Flynn, that they're now willing to significantly overpay a borderline NFL starter at near the level of franchise quarterback money. Matt Flynn only got $6.33M annually from the Seahawks. Smith isn't as physically talented as incumbent Dolphins starter Matt Moore, and he's certainly not worth more than Flynn. At this point, it's almost like the Fins are trying to sign a quarterback, just to sign a quarterback.

If they do this, its to buy Philbin another year in searching for a QB.....in other words, we're not getting our future QB this off-season folks

My fault OP, more irresponsible journalism by the media. On what planet is Matt Moore more athletic than Alex Smith.

You truly have no clue what you are talkinga bout. Smith not physically as talented as Matt Moore? Smith is head and shoulders more athletic than Matt Moore . . . I mean is this a joke or something?

In what age is a starting QB that leads his team to the NFC championship game not worth more than a backup QB with 2 starts under his belt?

Come on man, I know you're frustrated, but you are better than that.

I completely agree with you. Smith is only 27 and was not a number one pick for no reason. He is mobile and I think will look great in the right system ie harbaugh . I honestly would rather have smith than flynn at the right price of course

I seem to recall the standard opinion on here (and nationally) was that if Philbin doesn't want Flynn it would be very telling. Now, we don't sign him and all of sudden we missed out on a franchise QB.

The Seattle fans should be the people questioning what they have with Philbin passing, and yes, I believe we passed, especially knowing the numbers he signed for with Seattle.

The theme on here of whatever move we make is the wrong one is getting VERY tired.

Call me crazy but I think having Moore and Smith as our QB's is better than our current QB situation. I mean who is our other QB besides Moore? I don't even know is it still Losman? Plus Smith's numbers last year we're almost close to Penny's numbers when we won our division. And Smith went to the NFC championship. I won't mind Smith on our team.

Flynn signed for 3 years at $26M. You should check your math.

That is merely a rotoworld quote, verbatim. It was not his opinion.

Moore signed for $19 million. The other 5 are incentives in his deal. 2 million is included as not likely to be earned incentives to get to $26 million report.

I'll take a QB that has won in the playoffs over Flynn or any of the guys that will be available to us in the draft this year. He finished the season with 7 straight games with no ints. He didn't throw 2 picks in a game all season. Take away the two punt return fumbles and he would've been playing in the superbowl. He's still young and he has a lot of upside. His confidence is at an all time high and I wouldn't be surprised if he had a breakout year next season. All that being said, he'll probably resign with the niners unless they get Peyton.

I seem to recall the standard opinion on here (and nationally) was that if Philbin doesn't want Flynn it would be very telling. Now, we don't sign him and all of sudden we missed out on a franchise QB.

The Seattle fans should be the people questioning what they have with Philbin passing, and yes, I believe we passed, especially knowing the numbers he signed for with Seattle.

The theme on here of whatever move we make is the wrong one is getting VERY tired.
The Dolphins brought him in, interviewed him, went through the paces. It's not like Philbin had never met the guy before and decided after interviewing that he'd pass. It doesn't seem the Dolphins passed. The contract Flynn wound up signing is pretty ideal for someone you're taking a chance on. Incentive laden with low guaranteed money. Don't know how much better the Dolphins could realistically have expected it to be. You have to at least consider the possibility that Flynn chose the ****ing Seahawks over us.

Back
Top Bottom