Rotoworld- Dolphins trying to sign smith at $8 million per year | Page 5 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Rotoworld- Dolphins trying to sign smith at $8 million per year

I'll just say what I said in the other thread, I'm not happy about the signing but to lighten it up, we haven't seen what he can do in our offense we will be implementing so hopefully he'll know what he's doing.

sighhhh.............. I have been a dolphins fan since 1990. Never once have I switched teams or given up on them. I have about had enough though. This will just mean more mediocre years ahead. I will give Alex a shot but from what I have seen of him I really don't like. I thought Wco is all about accuracy and timing which Smith really doesn't show much of. I would rather go with Moore and Tannehill. Heck even just Moore.

I seem to recall the standard opinion on here (and nationally) was that if Philbin doesn't want Flynn it would be very telling. Now, we don't sign him and all of sudden we missed out on a franchise QB.

The Seattle fans should be the people questioning what they have with Philbin passing, and yes, I believe we passed, especially knowing the numbers he signed for with Seattle.

The theme on here of whatever move we make is the wrong one is getting VERY tired.

lol exactly dude.

Moore has never led a team to a winning season. Never been in the playoffs. He is a good journeyman. By the way since we seem to be trying hard to land a QB to replace him, philbin must think he is not a good WCO QB with the qualities required. On top of that all, he is in the last year of his contract.

I can't speak for anyone else, but the reason I'm in full on panic is that it looks like we're going to throw 8 million a year at Alex Smith. No Flynn? Fine. Matt Moore and draft a QB, that was a plan I liked in the first place.

But Alex Smith? at 8 mil annually? No. **** no.

Matt Moore is not a starting QB.....Bring in Smith as your starter Moore to backup and also draft a QB not in this draft but every draft moving foward until we hit on a guy. Meanwhile I think we can win with Alex Smith.

The Dolphins brought him in, interviewed him, went through the paces. It's not like Philbin had never met the guy before and decided after interviewing that he'd pass. It doesn't seem the Dolphins passed. The contract Flynn wound up signing is pretty ideal for someone you're taking a chance on. Incentive laden with low guaranteed money. Don't know how much better the Dolphins could realistically have expected it to be. You have to at least consider the possibility that Flynn chose the ****ing Seahawks over us.

Not really, mainly because every report was the Dolphins were low balling him, and expected he'd take a discount to play for Philbin again. IMO the obvious reason they were low balling him is Philbin wasn't as high on him as some Dolphin fans were.

lmao, we offer smith all this money but not flynn? i just dont get it....

Philbin knows Flynn completely and his friend Mike Murphy coached Smith. It is very possible that, when Smith made himself available after SF started cheating on him with Manning, Philbin and Ireland concluded that Smith was the better choice.

Miami almost immediately offered Smith a contract and I do not recall reporting that they did the same with Flynn. Indeed, Miami must have invited Smith in the midst of their meetings with Flynn.

Smith only payed WCO twice - in his rookie year under Murphy and last year under Harbaugh. Smith took right to the WCO system last year was a top ten QB with 6 come from behind wins.

This could be interesting.

Smith struggled early in his career but threw for 3,150 yards and 17 touchdowns with only five interceptions last season as San Francisco went 13-3 and made the NFC title game after an eight-year playoff drought. He orchestrated six comeback wins, four on the road.
Smith has been weighing a three-year offer from the 49ers. If he instead joins the Dolphins, he would be reunited with running back Reggie Bush. They were teammates at Helix Charter High School in La Mesa, Calif.

The Dolphins brought him in, interviewed him, went through the paces. It's not like Philbin had never met the guy before and decided after interviewing that he'd pass. It doesn't seem the Dolphins passed. The contract Flynn wound up signing is pretty ideal for someone you're taking a chance on. Incentive laden with low guaranteed money. Don't know how much better the Dolphins could realistically have expected it to be. You have to at least consider the possibility that Flynn chose the ****ing Seahawks over us.

but why is the question, maybe we really were low-balling him ( as most reports asserted) , maybe we were offering him 5 mil a year and he balked. WTH knows at this point, it's asinine to think we know what really happened reading the tea leaves.

Philbin knows Flynn completely and his friend Mike Murphy coached Smith. It is very possible that, when Smith made himself available after SF started cheating on him with Manning, Philbin and Ireland concluded that Smith was the better choice.

Miami almost immediately offered Smith a contract and I do not recall reporting that they did the same with Flynn. Indeed, Miami must have invited Smith in the midst of their meetings with Flynn.

Smith only payed WCO twice - in his rookie year under Murphy and last year under Harbaugh. Smith took right to the WCO system last year was a top ten QB with 6 come from behind wins.

This could be interesting.

Hey Dolphan B, where have you been, how have you been?

Its a perfect fit! smith can't throw to receivers and we don't have any

Smith is a far worse option then Henne was. God, things have gone from worse to bad.

Jason Cole just said that Smith is going to wait until Manning makes a decision. If Manning doesn't go to San Francisco, Smith will go back the 49ers because according to Cole, he wants to remain in California. The talk of Miami negotiating a contract with him seems to be yet another jump of the gun.

Smith is not coming to the Dolphins.

Jason Cole just said that Smith is going to wait until Manning makes a decision. If Manning doesn't go to San Francisco, Smith will go back the 49ers because according to Cole, he wants to remain in California. The talk of Miami negotiating a contract with him seems to be yet another jump of the gun.

Smith is not coming to the Dolphins.

Turned down by alex smith oh god lol. let me spin this his wife loves sf lol

Back
Top Bottom