Route To Paying X.howard? | Page 4 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Route To Paying X.howard?

Cutting Tannehill will free up enough money to pay X.... it's much harder to find a CB that's comparable to X than it is to find a QB who's comparable to Tannehill.

Miami going to have to get rid of some overrated players or redo some contracts to get X his money. I see dumping Parker for 9m and reducing James deal for some cap space for an X deal? What else? Howard better not have to play next season without an extension. Get that done ASAP.

Somebody has it somewhere where making some obvious cuts gets us wayyyyy under the cap. I don't think this is a concern without touching Tannehill's contract.

the cap is nothing to worry about guys, dead money sucks but we should have oodles to spend in 2019. CK has discussed this at great length on Twitter, although fans obsess over the cap Miami is setup well to dump money. Again, dead money sucks but I think with some easy cuts and the cap increase for the upcoming season (not to mention borrowing from future uncapped years) we should be close to 100 million under. Nothing to worry about, although we will anyway. It's not the cap strapping this team its the way they are spending it.

Spotrac says....

Market Value
  • 5 yrs, $67,642,400
  • Avg. Salary: $13,528,480
  • NFL Rank: 71
  • CB Rank: 7
I say a tad more than that but Patrick Peterson is only getting 14M per year.

18 is too high I dont see him getting 3m more than the highest paid guy today. 14-16 should get it done right?!

Hard to say. Top 5 players at their position typically set the market though which is why I see 15 as the absolute lowest

Who plays QB then?
I donno but a total rebuild needs to be done... bandaiding teams together like we've done for 20 years ain't working. X is one of the few players we need to keep... prob the most important.

I donno but a total rebuild needs to be done... bandaiding teams together like we've done for 20 years ain't working. X is one of the few players we need to keep... prob the most important.

So your solution is to cut our competent-if-unspectacular QB and hope for the best? Sweet plan dude.

Spoiler alert were not winning a super bowl next year with or without Tannehill

Spoiler alert were not winning a super bowl next year with or without Tannehill

So let’s just **** the team and make us unappealing to all free agents and potential coaches, right? I see the brilliance of your plan now. Love it. The Browns vacated the spot as laughing stock franchise and you’d like us to fill that void. Brilliant plan.

Aren’t we just hoping for the best with Tannehill?

We know what we get from Tannehill. He’ll string together 3 good games, 1 great game, follow it with 2 wtf games, then back to good. He’s a Joe Flacco type QB that can get the job done with a strong team around him. I’d rather that than cut him and hope that Tyrod Taylor suddenly learned how to play QB.

Unless the plan is to tank 2019 to be in position to draft one of those 2020 QBs, we get Tannehill again.

Back
Top Bottom