Rumor: Sources have told me that Miami is talking to the Lions in regards a trade | Page 6 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Rumor: Sources have told me that Miami is talking to the Lions in regards a trade

This time of year..alot of rumors and trade scenarios. I don't put to much into most..just try to enjoy the possibilities and gets us through those days of little or no news this time of year. Alot more trades and rumors coming down the road...:)

Quite honestly I am sure Miami is talking to most teams in the league about trades right now, and so is every team. If this is true, the OP just happened to have someone spurt something out to him about it.

Yeah its true.... My "sources" say its Lex Hilliard for Calvin Johnson

I can understand skepticism if it was some random poster writing that, but he's been right before, so there's really no reason to question his sources. Did he say that a trade was imminent? Nope, just letting fellow fans know what he's heard from a proven source who indicated that discussion is in progress. The only ones speculating are the ones hitting reply.

If you don't believe it, why are you posting in here? Go post a wildly interesting mock draft like everybody else.

I can understand skepticism if it was some random poster writing that, but he's been right before, so there's really no reason to question his sources. Did he say that a trade was imminent? Nope, just letting fellow fans know what he's heard from a proven source who indicated that discussion is in progress. The only ones speculating are the ones hitting reply.

If you don't believe it, why are you posting in here? Go post a wildly interesting mock draft like everybody else.

This is actually one of the more constructive off-season threads since it breaks some new ground speculating on potential trade candidates not already discussed or polled to death- nor is it yet another regurgitation of the relative strengths of potential 1st and 2nd round draft options.

. Also, based on Jr's past JT call, even if it turns out to be nothing, there's at least a little credibly generated enthusiasm and excitement. A welcome fresh thread.:up:

BP will not let us be on the short end of picks for players. And he covets picks over players. We all know this.

There's a few things that don't make sense about this. But, none are more ridiculous than Detroit giving up their Top 5 WR after just committing to a new franchise QB. Not too mention just about his only weapon.

Even if we trade our #1 and other picks for CJ, what does Detroit really get? A chance to draft Dez Bryant at our position this year? No matter who they draft, they've just lost their only Top 5 weapon and he must be replaced. I just don't see any potential logic in it.

If anything, I would see us sending them a player for a draft pick. Maybe Will Allen?

I mean honestly, what position are we the deepest at?

Neither team is in a position to be sacrificing draft picks for blockbuster players.

This is probably nothing more than turning over some players from the bottom end of the rosters and low round draft picks.

To get CJ we would probably have to give up 2 first rounders or at least a first and 2nd. This guy might be the most talented WR ever... 6'5 running a 4.3 and a 43 inch vert? Thats ridiculous.

Yeah is the "source" someone within the organization or a friend of someone within the organization. Or is it the 4th cousin of a friend who knows a friend who knows a guy who use to know a cousin of a former wife of a former Dolphins employee

There have been rumors that Stafford and Calvin Johnson haven't really been on the same page and that his preferred targets are Bryant Johnson and Pettigrew. If true, it could very well be Calvin Johnson that is being discussed.

There have been rumors that Stafford and Calvin Johnson haven't really been on the same page and that his preferred targets are Bryant Johnson and Pettigrew. If true, it could very well be Calvin Johnson that is being discussed.

Not discrediting the info, but how the hell could stafford not be on the same page with CJ? You throw it in his time zone and he will catch it.

Back
Top Bottom