Run The Damn Ball!!!! | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Run The Damn Ball!!!!

Classic

Active Roster
Reaction score
And when all else fails, run it again.

Tannehill and the defense's best friend is going to be a good running game. Ryan is dangerous off of play action - I want to see a heavy dose of running the ball with the stable of backs we have. IMO, it's one of the most crucial parts to a succesful season.

I recall Gase saying he was uncomfortable with running the amount he did back in 2016. He better get over that fast because I think that is going to be the strength of our offense. Hopefully he plays to our strengths because I think we can have one of the better rushing attacks in football....

Do you think we will be a run first team?

I doubt we'll ever be run first, dominate the opponent via physicality type of offense as long as Gase is here.

We're going to have a very good run game this year, injuries permitting. Be tough not to lean on it. Will open up the playbook for us big tim, which Gase has yet to really do.

Easy to agree until the first drive of the game happens, we run the ball for -2 and then 3 yards on first 2 plays to set up a doomed "yes defense we are passing now" 3rd and 9. Run the damn ball when nursing a 2 score lead.

Agreed. Something will have gone wrong with our offense if we are throwing it 30+ times a game.

During our 7-1 stretch in 2016 we threw the ball over 30 times 3x. Against Pitt, the Rams and Baltimore. Baltimore and the Rams were our two worst offensive performances of the stretch. Tannehill had 1,723 passing yards, and not a single 300 yard game. Over the course of 16 games that would have been 3446 yards, which would be the lowest of his career after his rookie year.

I don't see how anything can be taken from last season.

It’s his offensive philosophy. He HATED giving Ajayi that feature back role because It required him to scrap what he truly wants to do. Which is Pass, pass, and pass some more.

This type of philosophy requires god move QB execution and elite pass pro. It’s going to be his downfall because he will have neither and still try to force it.

I actually expect us to increase the running game this year. Our RBs have looked good in practice. We have upgraded in coaching with Eric Studesville (former Denver RB Coach - Super Bowl winner) who wanted to work with Gase again. Future HOF, Frank Gore is a big upgrade on Damien Williams and he's looking great. Kenyan Drake looks polished, confident and has put on some muscle. Kalen Ballage looks a good rookie to develop - when you see him in person he looks big (built like a linebacker). Lots of ingredients for a successful running game.

Adam Gase doesn’t like to run the ball much at all, and it’s why I believe he’s destined to fail long term as a head coach unless he has a Tom Brady level Qb.

We were dead last in rushing attempts last season. That is unacceptable.

He’s no different than any othe nfl coach. Up by two scores run it run it run it. Down by two scores pass it pass it pass it.

It’s his offensive philosophy. He HATED giving Ajayi that feature back role because It required him to scrap what he truly wants to do. Which is Pass, pass, and pass some more.

This type of philosophy requires god move QB execution and elite pass pro. It’s going to be his downfall because he will have neither and still try to force it.
So his pass first philosophy is going to be the reason he fails as a head coach?

Wouldn't that mark 98% of the head coaches in the league for failure as well?

So his pass first philosophy is going to be the reason he fails as a head coach?

Wouldn't that mark 98% of the head coaches in the league for failure as well?

The Vast majority of playoff teams tend to be in the top half of the league in rushing attempts so nah.

Back
Top Bottom