Running and defense wins championships | Page 26 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Running and defense wins championships

Here’s my take on the SB matchup :

1. Mahomes will put up yards and make plays but it COULD be like the ‘84 SB where Dan got a lot of yards but we didn’t score enough TDs. That’s what happens when a great D runs into a great O - usually.

2. Niners will try to run the ball and keep Mahomes on sideline. If it works, the game will be very close.

3. Jimmy G will have to make plays in the pass game. I’m still not convinced he’s more than a caretaker - they won’t beat KC the way they beat GB. KC can’t be held down for an entire game.

4. In the “old days” I’d say this game favors SF in terms of match up. But admittedly, today, your D only has to be good enough (which KCs is) to compliment your great O.

I’m really intrigued to see if SF can get Mahomes to struggle like the did Rodgers. If so they will win.

Very interesting match up and no rooting interest. Looking to enjoy it and have fun - perhaps root for KC since they haven’t won since SB 4.

1. Mahomes will put up yards and make plays but it COULD be like the ‘84 SB where Dan got a lot of yards but we didn’t score enough TDs. That’s what happens when a great D runs into a great O - usually.

2. Niners will try to run the ball and keep Mahomes on sideline. If it works, the game will be very close.

3. Jimmy G will have to make plays in the pass game. I’m still not convinced he’s more than a caretaker - they won’t beat KC the way they beat GB. KC can’t be held down for an entire game.

4. In the “old days” I’d say this game favors SF in terms of match up. But admittedly, today, your D only has to be good enough (which KCs is) to compliment your great O.

I’m really intrigued to see if SF can get Mahomes to struggle like the did Rodgers. If so they will win.

Very interesting match up and no rooting interest. Looking to enjoy it and have fun - perhaps root for KC since they haven’t won since SB 4
He did. He had a great postseason. But some of these posters here...eh I’m not getting into this again. Anyways Jimmy G is basically another Tannehill. If Kansas City gets out ahead, San Francisco is in trouble
I agree with you 100% and know where you’re going. RT isn’t going to win shootouts on a regular basis - the Titans formula carried them far this year and Ryan was the right guy for it. I think the 69ers could win if they can put that no 1 pass D to good use and slow Mahomes. But yes, if they get behind big they are done. I think Jimmy G is a caretaker type.

Game played right to it. San Fran just didn’t finish. But they didn’t get some situational calls either.

so in that regard it’s better to have the higher level qb.

I won’t argue that. Just keep in mind that kc scheme is top shelf on o.

5 Simmons or Brown
18 best edge or OT available
26 best edge or OT available

Not this time. Thoughts?
Actually all that really has to happen is Jimmy G needs to make a few plays. He just couldn’t do it. Their D was phenomenal for 3 quarters and really needed Jimmy to extend a drive or 2 in the 4th. Very disappointed in him and absolutely am convinced he’s just a caretaker. Mahomes did not have a good game. But the elite skill set he has and was able to utilize in the 4th quarter made all the difference. Chiefs D was “good enough” to win a SB going in when combined w their O. The Niners D was good enough but not combined with their O as it turns out. QB has to make a few plays in key moments. We need a QB that can do that.

Very interesting match up and no rooting interest. Looking to enjoy it and have fun - perhaps root for KC since they haven’t won since SB 4

I agree with you 100% and know where you’re going. RT isn’t going to win shootouts on a regular basis - the Titans formula carried them far this year and Ryan was the right guy for it. I think the 69ers could win if they can put that no 1 pass D to good use and slow Mahomes. But yes, if they get behind big they are done. I think Jimmy G is a caretaker type.
Wow. I’m generally not “on” the mark but I’d say the game played out in a way that tells me all I need to know about Jimmy G.

We literally just watched what an elite QB does and we still have chuckleheads advocating ignoring the position.
Yeah it’s a QB league. It has been. D wins championships and I dont want to slight the chefs D for the game they had of their own - especially in the 4th. The Niners D was relentless and hit Mahomes all game / hurried him and for 3 quarters he was not good. But it only took him 1 quarter to do his thing while Jimmy G was busy stinking it up when it counted. You can win w a care taker QB but you better draw a team that won’t figure out your D before the game is over. Like Peyton did to Chicago or tonight are good examples. Jimmy G, Rex Grossman just couldn’t elevate and make a play.

Back
Top Bottom