Running and defense wins championships | Page 25 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Running and defense wins championships

There are the exceptions here and there, but overall the elite QB comes through.

This San Fran/Green Bay game is going to be really good. We’ll see if the elite QB goes 2/2.
This is not the point Im trying to make though... If all goes well, sure I want the though running team. But in football, **** happens, and a strong passing game is much more well equipped to deal with **** happens than a strong running game.

This is not the point Im trying to make though... If all goes well, sure I want the though running team. But in football, **** happens, and a strong passing game is much more well equipped to deal with **** happens than a strong running game.
You need a balance. Kc has more rushing yards then Tennessee today over 100

Tennessee was done when they punted after a 3 and out in the second quarter. The minute they trailed they were done. It’s the old Marty-ball downfall if you get that reference.

I still think you need a good balance

I think the distinction between pass to set up the run and run to set up the pass is important. KC has more rush yards, but that was a result of the pass being so effective.

After I posted this, I had a memory of the 1982 Dolphins. They ranked well in rushing, and had the number 1 defense; BUT the defensive ranking was skewed, because they only ranked 24th AGAINST the run, and number 1 against the pass. Everyone remembers what happened in the Super Bowl. The 49ers rank 2nd in "D", but only 17th against the rush, and number #1 against the pass. That raises their overall ranking in TOTAL defense, and could be their undoing in the playoffs.
Damian Williams is not John Riggins.

These defensive stats would bode well for the 9ers against the sunshine band.

Well... the Niners are winning big because of superior line play... making their journeyman RB look like a star.

The Super Bowl promises to be the classic challenge of Big Uglies vs. Pretty boys.

Should be fun.

Lol San Fran game today not a good example for those that don’t buy it.

7 total passes over an hour and a half without throwing the ball.

definition of defense and run game game

Feverdream, I do not know how to do a proper quote... but
"Well... the Niners are winning big because of superior line play... making their journeyman RB look like a star.

The Super Bowl promises to be the classic challenge of Big Uglies vs. Pretty boys.

Should be fun."

Tramps like us bro! Tramps like us... Also the reason the once rebuilding 49'ers are going to win the super bowl. Lines and D matter! PS **** the 49'ers

Last edited:
We could look at the last 5 49'ers drafts to see what makes success????? Naw..... Draft every QB this year! Also PLEASE, look up my past post about the 49'ers draft. The "hold my beer" post should shine out! #MIC DROP

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom